Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

s-video cables for PAL N64's need to be specially modified. If they aren't specially modified then you'll get a washed out image that is too bright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    s-video cables for PAL N64's need to be specially modified. If they aren't specially modified then you'll get a washed out image that is too bright.

I see! I dunno, it looks ok on this cable and its years old with no special mods done.

eiqx.jpg

But then I don't have one of those modded cables to compare it to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

My Mame cab (still a work in progress) Have to tied her up and still some work to do on Hyperspin. Its finally coming together.

WP_20140511_004_zpsc1b88b7e.jpg

WP_20140511_006_zps6b0904e3.jpg

WP_20140511_001_zps7aaa24d2.jpg

WP_20140511_005_zps8c5f2737.jpg

Can you turn the bezel on that cab?
    If not :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My Mame cab (still a work in progress) Have to tied her up and still some work to do on Hyperspin. Its finally coming together.

WP_20140511_005_zps8c5f2737.jpg

I see the cops have the squad car parked up beside it. ;)
    Is that one of the Silverline /BAS cabs?
    The button arrangement is both familiar and brings back uncomfortable memories!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

urbanledge wrote: »
    Can you turn the bezel on that cab?
    If not :(

Oh yeah!

alpahaeagle - the glass bezel on the front is currently set up for a vertical monitor. You have your monitor in horizontal though.

The glass just slides out. So open the control panel, slide the glass bezel out, turn it 90 degrees and put it back in :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

The cab looks nice. If it were mine though I'd be using some black poster board to cover up the outer edges of that screen though as that would bug me.

Looks the business though!

Master of the Universe

Once the bezel is rotated vertically, most of the outer screen should actually vanish. :)

Look how thick the sides of the bezel are to the top and bottom. So you'll get a lot more coverage with the rotation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Wasn't meant to be buying games for a while but a copy of Metal Gear popped up on Adverts for 15 euro so I jumped on it. Possibly spurred on by watching The Game Chasers I asked the seller if they had anything else in that sort of condition. Ended up with a copy of Toki Tori and a sealed copy of Dragon Warrior 3.

P1030043_zps523a5558.jpg
    P1030046_zpsdbfe839b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice 3 great games there. Metal Gear on the GBC is an amazing game as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nice 3 great games there. Metal Gear on the GBC is an amazing game as well.

I'm fairly new to the gbc as a platform:o I had a ngpc back then:) Would you have any other recommendations off the top of your head?

I'm not as familiar with gameboy as other console. Get the zelda games anyway.

Castlevania 2belmonts revenge is great
    Dragon warrior monsters 1and 2 are great fun
    Donkey kong 94 and mole mania are must haves
    The Kirkby dreamland and pinball games are great.
    Mario golf is a great golf RPG
    Megaman 2 - 5 are great, might want to pick the later ones up in Japanese due to the price of the western releases. Extreme is good as well
    The wario land games are must haves.
    Resident evil gaiden is better than its reputation would have you believe
    Revelations demon slayer is great for shin megami tensei on the go.
    Final fantasy adventure and the 3 legend games are great. They aren't real final fantasys though, being a mana game and part of the saga series respectively.

There's not a lot of gbc games since it only lasted 18 months before the gba launched.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Legend of Zelda: Links Awakening DX is the best game on GBC in my opinion, freaking loved that game.

Other greats are Tetris DX, Oracle of Ages/Seasons, Shantae, Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Super Mario Bros. Deluxe, Donkey Kong Country and R-Type DX.

Seems like 'DX' was the 'HD' of it's day :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Spotted these in tesco.

CE388EFA-8D02-4345-A66B-E3B5CA333500_zpsor9vmy7m.jpg

I think the DS is already spoken for as I didn't really pick it up for myself, if not I'll probably offer it to ye first or else keep it and reshell it with the pokémon shell. They had a couple more of them anyway, and this was in tesco dundrum. Didn't see any other copies of cooking mama.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dammit,
    My new 2DS is taling it's sweet time getting here.
    The guy got the money on Monday, only checked the post yesterday and now it won't be posted until this evening.
    Bugger!
    I always like new Ninty hardware, with the Wii Mini being the only exception so far.

Just got Terraria for the PC, only a fiver, not to bad.
    Got it for cidonalad, who is only 10 going on 11, who begged me for the game.
    I guess with this and Minecraft I'm probably not going to see him until he is around 16!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just got Terraria for the PC, only a fiver, not to bad.
    Got it for cidonalad, who is only 10 going on 11, who begged me for the game.
    I guess with this and Minecraft I'm probably not going to see him until he is around 16!

You should check out Starbound for him too, very like Terraria..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Spotted these in tesco.

CE388EFA-8D02-4345-A66B-E3B5CA333500_zpsor9vmy7m.jpg

I think the DS is already spoken for as I didn't really pick it up for myself, if not I'll probably offer it to ye first or else keep it and reshell it with the pokémon shell. They had a couple more of them anyway, and this was in tesco dundrum. Didn't see any other copies of cooking mama.

aZPDwb6_700b.jpg

Today's get was delayed due to the seller forgetting to add my PMID:

306961.jpg

If anyone's wondering what the Special Edition of GTA London is, it's just a standalone version that does not require the disc of the original GTA 1.

Really looking forward to playing the original NFS, and Road Challenge. NFS 2 looked crap from gameplays but i got if for a £1 so happy days.

Not too impressed with Parcel Motel today, the driver forced the Package into a small locker which is designed for packages with a max height of 8cm.
    My package had a height of over 10cm, and I couldnt even get it out of the locker. It was getting caught behind the metal lips so had to do a lot of maneuvering before it came out.

As a result the corner of the case of GTA London was broken:

306963.jpg

They also sent another package of mine to Limerick instead of Cork yesterday.

Be interesting to see if they'll compensate for the shabby service lately.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I didn't know there was a standalone version of GTA London for the Playstation.

That's crazy about Parcel Motel. Sure what difference does it make to them if they'd used a bigger one instead?

Would definitely chase that up.

Sent them off an email complete with pics and the whole lot.

Here's a pic of the package stuck inside the locker:

306967.jpg

The right half of the package is solid from top to bottom.

Master of the Universe

I was hoping you'd have a picture of it in the locker. That's madness.

Imagine the force required to get the package in there.

You have probably my favourite three Need for Speed games right there.
    The first one is pretty nice on the PS, though I do prefer the 3DO original, the extra tracks are a nice bonus and look pretty nice even now, a nicely balanced game.
    The third one is lovely too, but Road Challenge is the business, hurtling along being chased but German police, brilliant!

If you like Wip3out then you really should get the Special Edition, it has a load of the old tracks in there, updated for the new game, plus it has 4 player multiplayer via two linked Playstations, nice!
    Also, the game runs in the PS HD mode, not true high definition but it looks gorgeous and a far better demonstration of the power they squeezed out of the machine than the demo of Ridge Racer included with RRtype4.

I might go for the Special Edition alright but only after I've given the first 3 some mileage.

You can get the special Edition Bundled with Destruction Derby 2 for a cheaper price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

My 1cc t-shirt arrived this morning. Decent quality. It's actually a shade of green but the flash from my camera makes it look grey. Really like the Seibu on the arm.

ZGl6ZMf.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

o1s1n wrote: »
    I was hoping you'd have a picture of it in the locker. That's madness.

lebowski.gif
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Imagine the force required to get the package in there.

not-subtle-flirting.gif

Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    My 1cc t-shirt arrived this morning. Decent quality. It's actually a shade of green but the flash from my camera makes it look grey. Really like the Seibu on the arm.
    ]

Looks great! Definitely the best tshirt they've put out. Should have my one waiting for me at home too :)

Omg, STG.Otaku what you made oisín's first comment look like is actually disturbing!

BTW, you must have the dirtiest mind going on here! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

waveform wrote: »
    Omg, STG.Otaku what you made oisín's first comment look like is actually disturbing!

BTW, you must have the dirtiest mind going on here! :p

Years of reading Viz put to work there. :)

If you want filthy minds, look no further than Le Cidre. ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement