Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

In all honestly, I make it far too easy for him. I've only myself to blame!

I'm sure there's one in there about me making 'it' 'far to easy' or something :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

STG's true identity revealed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Parcel Motel got back to me fairly promptly and the next 3 stays are free!

Can't fault that I suppose. :)

Master of the Universe

You should tell them the game is worth €100 and you're expecting a hell of a lot more for your trouble!

I demand satisfaction!

glove-slap-o.gif

Yeah, we all know where that will get me...

250px-Southern_Colonel.png

eieidoh_15.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have to stay away from Tesco.
    Called in on the way home from a run to family in Baldoyle and ended up buying 007 Blood Stone for the 360 for €5 and, because it was there, Cooking Mama 4 for the 3DS for €3.
    Oddly it was listed in the 3DS section as costing nearly €40 but the DS section had it at €3.
    I finally got the staff to check the price of the instrument edition of Rockband, up on the shelf,€135! Not in the sale!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I checked out Naas and Tallaght today, picked up splinter cell 3ds for 5 in naas, it was 10 in tallaght though! DJ hero sets in naas for 10 but i couldnt be bothered with them. not much else though, other than the usual stuff.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm still looking for a cheap DS and 3DS :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I havent even seen a ds\3ds in tescos and ive been into naas\tallaght\gorey\carlow a few times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Got this today in advance of the Saturn Modchip group buy arrival. :)

piSlmne.jpg

• Advertisement

Nice, going to make a few awesome yoko shmups !!

Nice, going to make a few awesome yoko shmups !!

Nah. Going to add nearly 200 or more new SHMUPS to my collection!

Check out Devil Blade 2 for example. So good one bloke made a dedicated cart for it!

You need a modchipped console, a copy of Dezeamon 2 and an official memory cart (NOT an Action Replay, has to be official) and the Dezaemoners Manager disc.

Then you get all the new games. Some of them were made at Summer carnivals. Devil Blade 2 is incredible.

Just looking at the Retro Core SS video on youtube, some great looking shmups! powerful little engine. Areichalken looks incredible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm still looking for a cheap DS and 3DS :(

I can pick you up one of those sensual pink ones if you want?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

All they need is a lick of paint!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Would fit in with the rest of my handhelds which are for some reason all mostly pink. If you can find one I'd be happy to take it off your hands!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

This week:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 for a fiver this week.
    Klonoa PS1 for a tenner.

Must check tesco to see if there's any 007 Bloodstone for Xbox, wanting to give it a try.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Klonoa for a tenner?
    Nice one!

I just received my 2DS this morning.
    It's... OK?
    Build quality seems, as I feared, more Wii Mini than Wii but it's still nice.
    Pity they didn't put 3DS XL sized screens in, instead maintaining the sizes of the original 3DS.
    This is odd given the machine uses a single screen display with the impression of two screens with one touch capable provided by the top cover of the machine, so a bigger screen could have been installed.
    Anyway, I'll give it a good testing over the next couple of days and report, must get a cover for it, it is vulnerable to screen damage and there is no replacements available outside of Nintendo's own service.

Also, got Advance Wars Days of Ruin for nothing in the device, so that's pretty good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

funkyflea wrote: »
    This week:

Super Mario Galaxy 2 for a fiver this week.
    Klonoa PS1 for a tenner.

Must check tesco to see if there's any 007 Bloodstone for Xbox, wanting to give it a try.

Were did u find klonoa?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Couple of more Everdrives and their donor carts, should keep be busy for a while.
    ED64 will be getting a NTSC-J CIC chip so my old PAL N64 will be retired to the attic I presume.

14191923995_6d5a9439d3_b.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

The flash carts are the way to go, I play a lot more since I invested in one. I have a super ufo 8 more or less since they came out and it's still working grand. Best fifty quid you could spend if you have a snes;)

Anyone recommend decent inkjet self-adhesive gloss paper suitable more making new cart labels ?

Gone the Everdrive route too. I need space but I need my games too. Just waiting on mine to arrive.

Not sure on the paper LB. Personally I was thinking of designing my own and getting them printed on some sort of glossy vinyl labels. Maybe get Vistaprint to do them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

Couple of more Everdrives and their donor carts, should keep be busy for a while.
    ED64 will be getting a NTSC-J CIC chip so my old PAL N64 will be retired to the attic I presume.

Isn't there a big chunk of mappers the Everdrive N8 doesn't support? Or is it just the odd game that uses a funky non-supported mappers?

Seems like the majority of games are now supported alright.

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=340.0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Must get myself a SNES flash cart and some good hookups for it....actually I have a Rgb start that works with that and my GameCube.

What was that new flashcard that was running road avenger or something a while back?

Must get myself a SNES flash cart and some good hookups for it....actually I have a Rgb start that works with that and my GameCube.

What was that new flashcard that was running road avenger or something a while back?

The mighty SD2SNES

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

sd2snes flash, anything but new - linky

This just in!

qQSewjc.jpg

It's from Club Nintendo and, oddly, it's cheaper than the Mario Galaxy soundtrack, even though this comes on two discs.

Now, to open or not to open.....

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Ever have a run of things you're bidding on that just go completely and absolutely outside the realms of your spending power? Seems it's happening to everything I'm trying to get recently :(

Thought I'd nab this absolutely incredible Kev Walker ABC Warriors page for a decent sum. Apparently not! Didn't even get to snipe at the end as the price was so high in advance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-ABC-Warriors-artwork-from-2000AD-by-Kevin-Walker-/181401855504?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=fuDCDPhkqLQ1lveUx5HCVSuPjfM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

So due to all my failures and winning absolutely nothing, I had some cash left over for one of those 9 inch PVMs :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281335097457?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Too cheap to pass up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement