Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    This just in!

It's from Club Nintendo and, oddly, it's cheaper than the Mario Galaxy soundtrack, even though this comes on two discs.

Now, to open or not to open.....

DAT IMAGE SIZE!!!!!
    I died a little inside this morning as I expect better from our glorious leader :D
    o1s1n wrote: »
    Ever have a run of things you're bidding on that just go completely and absolutely outside the realms of your spending power? Seems it's happening to everything I'm trying to get recently :(

Thought I'd nab this absolutely incredible Kev Walker ABC Warriors page for a decent sum. Apparently not! Didn't even get to snipe at the end as the price was so high in advance.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Original-ABC-Warriors-artwork-from-2000AD-by-Kevin-Walker-/181401855504?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&_trksid=p2047675.l2557&nma=true&si=fuDCDPhkqLQ1lveUx5HCVSuPjfM%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

So due to all my failures and winning absolutely nothing, I had some cash left over for one of those 9 inch PVMs :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281335097457?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Too cheap to pass up.

I wish I'd got my one off eBay after all the trouble I had. But I've got two tasty crt's on the way to me once escrow and uk banks are sorted.
    One is the BVM and the other is something a bit "different".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

These little 9 inch PVMs are just a bit of fun really. Once you get that BVM it'll be all about that.

Actually I'd say you'll probably go ahead and wire the PVM to the BVMs video out signal, two of the same picture and all that :D

'something different'? whatever could that be...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Picked up Kirby Triple Deluxe this morning and it's lovely.
    Sat in Starbucks, drinking a venti skinny latte and playing it on the 3DS:XL, lovely stuff.
    Went to Tesco in Clarehall as well, picked up Mario Party 9 and Cooking Mama 4 again before promptly trading them in and that's 28 euro now off Mario Kart 8 for an 8 euro investment.
    I wasn't allowed buy the Art game for the 3ds, it rang up as 1c but the manager wouldn't let me buy it for that, asking me for 5 euro, which I declined.
    Ah well.
    Not a bad morning.
    I also raided the cases for the points, not being a beginner at this stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sat in Starbucks, drinking a venti skinny latte and playing it on the 3DS:XL, lovely stuff.
    Went to Tesco in Clarehall as well, picked up Mario Party 9 and Cooking Mama 4 again before promptly trading them in and that's 28 euro now off Mario Kart 8 for an 8 euro investment.
    I wasn't allowed buy the Art game for the 3ds, it rang up as 1c but the manager wouldn't let me buy it for that, asking me for 5 euro, which I declined.
    Ah well.
    Not a bad morning.

Ah didn't know Kirby was out! Was that Mario Party on the 3DS? And a skinny latte! Come on!
    Double Cappuccino - half-caf, non-fat milk, with just enough foam to be aesthetically pleasing but not so much that it leaves a moustache.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nope, it's Mario Party on the Wii.
    Realistically I was never going to play it.

And, I already have a moustache.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

did you ever get dreamland 2 in the end?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Ah well.
    Not a bad morning.

As someone who could never really get into Kirby, is this new one worth a pick up? Hows the 3D on it? Is it easy or hard?

did you ever get dreamland 2 in the end?

Nope, its the platformer I'm missing.

As someone who could never really get into Kirby, is this new one worth a pick up? Hows the 3D on it? Is it easy or hard?

It looks amazing, plays beautifully but it is an easy game.
    The 3D is stunning, they had a lot of fun with this.
    Hopefully there'll a Kirby announcement around the E3.

These little 9 inch PVMs are just a bit of fun really. Once you get that BVM it'll be all about that.

Actually I'd say you'll probably go ahead and wire the PVM to the BVMs video out signal, two of the same picture and all that :D

'something different'? whatever could that be...

I don't normally post any of my retro acquisitions any more, but I'll post up that one :)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

It's not made by Sega by any chance is it?

Oh man I hope it's what I think it might be.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You should try Kirbys weirder games. There's two types of kirby games, the traditional platformers like Dreamland which are fun easy games but nothing special. Then there's stuff like Canvas Curse, Tilt n'Tumble and that weird excellent golf hybrid on the SNES. Kirby's best stuff is in those games.

It's not made by Sega by any chance is it?

Oh man I hope it's what I think it might be.

It's not made by Sega I'm afraid :(
    It's definitely not what you think it is.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    You should try Kirbys weirder games. There's two types of kirby games, the traditional platformers like Dreamland which are fun easy games but nothing special. Then there's stuff like Canvas Curse, Tilt n'Tumble and that weird excellent golf hybrid on the SNES. Kirby's best stuff is in those games.

Not sure Retr0,
    once you get over the fact that the platformers are never going to challenge you like Mario does you've got some of the prettiest platforming on whatever console hosts it, Dreamland 3 on the Snes is amazing, with a unique look not seen in the rest of the franchise.
    The 3DS game is easy as well but the 3D visuals are very very impressive.

But, in another way, I agree.
    Nintendo/HAL took chances with Kirby in ways that Nintendo never did with Mario, with the games you mention being examples.
    I have Canvas Curse, Tilt'n Tumble, Mass Attack and others that are very clever indeed, though the Mario Vs DK games, begun in the GB version of Donkey Kong, showed a similar sort of invention.

As I said, I'd love to see the development of something interesting on the WiiU featuring Kirby, otherwise it'll be only Super Smash Bros before we see the pink freak on the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

otherwise it'll be only Super Smash Bros before we see the pink freak on the console.

You promised to stop calling me that... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Was this in between tipping your fedora to random m'ladies and writing your novel on your Macbook?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

MrVestek wrote: »
    Was this in between tipping your fedora to random m'ladies and writing your novel on your Macbook?

Come on, if you're going to use sweeping generalisations at least do so accurately: What kind of self-respectin', hat wearin', novel writin', post-ironic hipster would be caught dead in a frickin' Starbucks?

MrVestek wrote: »

Nope, it was while people with neck beards scowled at me while I drank from a coffee cup the size of a cereal bowl, and with Kirby plinking away.
    Actually, I was also reading the latest Edge, and I think Retr0 was shouting "Gunstar Heroes, We Never Forget Nor Forgive!" in the back of my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

What kind of self-respectin', hat wearin', novel writin', post-ironic hipster would be caught dead in a frickin' Starbucks?
    The kind that I see plenty of in the new Starbucks in Dun Laoghaire.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Not sure Retr0,
    once you get over the fact that the platformers are never going to challenge you like Mario does you've got some of the prettiest platforming on whatever console hosts it, Dreamland 3 on the Snes is amazing, with a unique look not seen in the rest of the franchise.
    The 3DS game is easy as well but the 3D visuals are very very impressive.

Well not saying they are bad, they are great platformers but I don't think they do a lot to stand out. I much prefer the weirder kirby games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

Hasn't it become deriguer to dismiss GH as mediocre cos the powerups aren't well balanced? GSH fixes that but I find the presentation a bit dull by comparison.

The unbalanced weapons make gunstar heroes fun. You can play the game with any of the weapons and the game will play different each time. It also has the best light sabre in any game.

Gun star super heroes might be more balanced but its less fun. The game is just weak with bosses that go down in about 20 seconds and some awful levels like the super thunderblade homage. Unbalanced games doesn't mean not good. Sure stuff like ff8 and ff5 are so unbalanced they are downright broken but that's the best part about it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The unbalanced weapons make gunstar heroes fun. You can play the game with any of the weapons and the game will play different each time. It also has the best light sabre in any game.

Gun star super heroes might be more balanced but its less fun. The game is just weak with bosses that go down in about 20 seconds and some awful levels like the super thunderblade homage. Unbalanced games doesn't mean not good. Sure stuff like ff8 and ff5 are so unbalanced they are downright broken but that's the best part about it.

Well done Retr0, there was a time when criticism of Gunstar Heroes would seems you into some sort of fugue, glad to see the tablets are working.

So, Legend of Dragoon, best RPG of the 20th century or best RPG ever?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Well done Retr0, there was a time when criticism of Gunstar Heroes would seems you into some sort of fugue, glad to see the tablets are working.

So, Legend of Dragoon, best RPG of the 20th century or best RPG ever?

ROFL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-fljxsHlHhQ

Well, persistence paid off.
    Nipped into Tesco Ashbourne where I picked up Alpha Protocol for a fiver and New Art Academy for one whole cent!
    Girl on the till never even blinked!
    Hooray!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

So, was able to get most of my Dreamcast games back today.

jjaPuMrl.jpg

HoVAsPNl.jpg

QTpE5C4l.jpg

Sadly, I'll be selling most of them :(

oh sweet jebus, please resize the pics :eek::eek:

Forums you generally want a max size of about 640x480 and then link that to the larger images.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Steve SI wrote: »
    oh sweet jebus, please resize the pics :eek::eek:

Forums you generally want a max size of about 640x480 and then link that to the larger images.

AHHHHHH!

I thought the QUOTE auto-sizes them...fixing. Wrapping them in QUOTE tags resizes them on my end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

I blame the new fangled phones and their picture sizes !

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Gorgeous! Why would you want to sell such beauty? :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement