Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

eddhorse wrote: »
    I blame the new fangled phones and their picture sizes !

These were actually taken with my pretty decent camera.

Well that was a blow to my photography ego :P

o1s1n wrote: »
    Gorgeous! Why would you want to sell such beauty? :(

Ah, some are doubles, and I want to get into collecting for other systems, so passing these on will help that happen :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

These were actually taken with my pretty decent camera.

Well that was a blow to my photography ego :P

What I meant was that every time I upload a photo it's quite a few MB.

Obviously you could tell that your professionally taken picture was of superior quality :)

eddhorse wrote: »
    What I meant was that every time I upload a photo it's quite a few MB.

Obviously you could tell that your professionally taken picture was of superior quality :)

Ah, you're gone too far in the other direction now :P

I'm new to photography, but enjoying it so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

AHHHHHH!

I thought the QUOTE auto-sizes them...fixing. Wrapping them in QUOTE tags resizes them on my end.

It all depends on the theme you are using on boards I think. You probably have the new theme whereas I use the old classic look.

Maybe I'll bite the bullet and switch over to the new theme for a while :)

• Advertisement

Steve SI wrote: »
    It all depends on the theme you are using on boards I think. You probably have the new theme whereas I use the old classic look.

Maybe I'll bite the bullet and switch over to the new theme for a while :)

I need to see this classic theme...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Hello you... ♡♡♡ :)

eGAERFp.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice, where'd you buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Tesco I bet, the 3DS XL is scanning in at 30 today.* Cue mad scramble to Tesco stores.

*may not be strictly true, sorry it's a saturday and I'm in work and it's so quiet

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nice, where'd you buy?

Got it from a private sale in the UK. Pretty much mint and with unused points cards too! :)

Very excited to try it out now. Though somewhat greedily I have my eye on Project X and 'that game with yer wan wit d jabs' now too. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Got it from a private sale in the UK. Pretty much mint and with unused points cards too! :)

Very excited to try it out now. Though somewhat greedily I have my eye on Project X and 'that game with yer wan wit d jabs' now too. :o

Much preferred Fire Emblem and to a lesser extent Devil Survivor Overclocked. Anyone that's own a 3DS and hasn't also acquired FE Awakening at this stage should be ashamed.
    Some slack shall be cut for those who have recently purchased a 3DS but they must source a FE within 7 days of purchasing their 3DS.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Top man atavan for the heads up! Bargain at the price. Keyboard is pretty decent quality too.

x1G1lVI.jpg

VbnmvDX.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Was in Tesco Stillorgan today, picked up GTA Liberty City Stories (PS2) for €3.
    I hid two copies on the bottom shelf of the stand, behind copies of NFS Pro Street, just in case anyone here wanted it.

Was in Tesco Stillorgan today, picked up GTA Liberty City Stories (PS2) for €3.
    I hid two copies on the bottom shelf of the stand, behind copies of NFS Pro Street, just in case anyone here wanted it.

Haha, that's quite funny. We should get a group together to go around during these sales and hide the good stuff behind random ****e...

(Psst, I hid a copy of Xenoblade behind the Dolmio Lasagna Kits...)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

If I wanted to hide it really well, I should have filled the shelf in front of it with all their copies of Gaelic Games Football 2 (yes they made a sequel).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Bought 2 today and got 2 from Retr0 :3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    oh sweet jebus, please resize the pics :eek::eek:

Forums you generally want a max size of about 640x480 and then link that to the larger images.

You sir, need a tablet! Perfect size everytime! ;)

waveform wrote: »
    You sir, need a tablet! Perfect size everytime! ;)

rick-rude-o.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I bought and promptly traded another copy of cooking Mama 4, turning 3 euro into 6.30.
    Tried to buy another 1c copy of New Art for the 3ds but the cashier refused as they are now not allowed sell things even if the ring up at 1c.
    I wonder what the rules are around this matter.
    The games have been at this price point for some weeks now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I bought and promptly traded another copy of cooking Mama 4, turning 3 euro into 6.30.
    Tried to buy another 1c copy of New Art for the 3ds but the cashier refused as they are now not allowed sell things even if the ring up at 1c.
    I wonder what the rules are around this matter.
    The games have been at this price point for some weeks now.

€3.30 profit? Another few of them and you'll be...

dibiase.jpg

:p

You're seriously addicted to this trade-in lark eh. :)

• Advertisement

1/26 (approx) of the way to a 3DS XL! :D

tys.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I can see ciderman walking into cex now

scrubs-jd-s-pimp-day-dream-o.gif

Every little helps!
    And it was a while since I traded anything into GS, before this Tesco madness. So, I'm done.
    For the princely sum of 12 invested I have Mario Kart 8 half paid for.
    Happy days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

rick-rude-o.gif

OMG DUDE! Starting to get seriously worried about you now!

God damn it, I'm the odd singleton on here! I should be the one with the dirtiest mind!

I still do not understand how most of you gaming geeks managed to get hitched and have your passion for gaming tolerated by your significant other!

Sometimes i feel like Im living in opposite world in Cork!
    Down here youre seen as a pathetic loser if youre still into gaming in your late 20s and up, by the ladies!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

waveform wrote: »

Sometimes i feel like Im living in opposite world in Cork!
    Down here youre seen as a pathetic loser if youre still into gaming in your late 20s and up, by the ladies!

You can have a hobby without being a total anti social, socially inept nerd. If you find the right woman she then won't freak out when she sees all your bits and bobs.

Although, whether that kind of woman exists in Cork is another thing :pac:

Edit, by the way 'you' was 'you plural' there, I didn't mean you specifically :D

o1s1n wrote: »
    If you find the right woman she then won't freak out when she sees all your bits and bobs.

sid.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

sid.gif

public-fisting.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

My gets from the weekend.
    The Retro Gamer Collection was a present from a friend when I couldn't decide on weather to get the Mario one or the RGC book, lol.

Mass Effect 3 for €10, just to see what all the fuss is about
    3D Glasses to see Godzilla, (Spoiler Alert! its ****e!)
    Kirby from Smyths, my first Kirby game!

14034046620_78cd018616_o.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well this took a disgraceful 10 days to come from Japan. The entire japanese postal service should commit seppuku for dishonouring themselves.

307583.jpg

What is it you may ask. Well it's not a white hole. In fact I've not got a clue myself. It came up on hg101's forums. It's meant to be a totally crazy platformer with a very strange sense of humour. It's also entirely in English as well:

0.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

A From Software survival horror? Yes please!

HsF4wtvl.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement