Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

My gets from the weekend.
    The Retro Gamer Collection was a present from a friend when I couldn't decide on weather to get the Mario one or the RGC book, lol.

Mass Effect 3 for €10, just to see what all the fuss is about
    3D Glasses to see Godzilla, (Spoiler Alert! its ****e!)
    Kirby from Smyths, my first Kirby game!

14034046620_78cd018616_o.jpg

Where was ME for a tenner? Wouldn't mind giving that a shot myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

My gets from the weekend.
    The Retro Gamer Collection was a present from a friend when I couldn't decide on weather to get the Mario one or the RGC book, lol.

Mass Effect 3 for €10, just to see what all the fuss is about
    3D Glasses to see Godzilla, (Spoiler Alert! its ****e!)
    Kirby from Smyths, my first Kirby game!

https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2899/14034046620_78cd018616_o.jpg

I loved Godzilla! :o
    A little more fighting time would have been good, but I thought the movie was all round excellent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

001_zps5558c1a4.jpg?t=1400427393

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That is a thing of beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

I loved Godzilla! :o
    A little more fighting time would have been good, but I thought the movie was all round excellent!

I also enjoyed Godzilla, but it was a bit disingenuous pushing it as Bryan Cranston movie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I liked the fact that the proportions of the magnificent Godzilla were exactly the same as a guy in a rubber suit, even though it wasn't a guy in a rubber suit.
    It was a great film though, however the soldier seemed to be suffering from the John McClane effect, being in the wrong place at the right time again and again.
    I think it would have been more interesting to have had number of different leads to account for the geographically disparate sites of the action.

No Godzuki though :eek:

Decided to just say feck it and cash in all my store credit and start off my Mega Drive collection.

hv2sjuX.jpg

Paid over the odds, but it was credit, and I can now cut ties! Also have Sonic 1, 2 and Spinball coming in the mail this week, CIB.

Anybody have any titles they're looking to get rid of? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Bit of a nostalgia trip today. I received Gunners Heaven. Back when the PlayStation launched in Europe, I bought the console and one game, Rapid Reload (the Western name for Gunners Heaven) while everyone else bought Ridge Racer I guess.

This is the first time I've owned this game again since. Kinda wish I'd held on to Rapid Reload now as it's worth a few quid as it's one of the rarer PAL PlayStation games.

That said, this version plays at the proper speed and I think has some extras the PAL release had removed?

I'll wait until I get my new laser unit for my Audiophile PlayStation before firing this minty beauty up I think. :)

bdttUb0.jpg

Master of the Universe

Fantastic game, really under appreciated.

/Edit: and doubled in price since I was looking into picking it up a few years back, balls!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Fantastic game, really under appreciated.

Gunners Heaven? Yep! Nobody knows who was the real team behind it. It's rumoured it was Treasure, but heck, who cares, I think it's a brilliant game so for me that's all that matters. Plus the huge nostalgia factor that this game brings to me. Lots of memories flooding back now of my friend who's dad owned the local games shop.

His brother sold me my pre-ordered copy of FFVII before the release date as they got them in early.

About a week later, his dad had just finished paying for a new conservatory they just had built at his gaf. Said friend and I were smoking out of his bedroom window one night after a Saturday night knacker drinking. He vomited all over the roof before I pinged a cigarette butt out the window and promptly burned down the newly fitted roof on their conservatory.

Aside from the last days of high school I've not seen him or his family since... :confused:

THE POWER A SINGLE VIDEO GAME HAS TO HOLD MEMORIES FOR PEOPLE! NOSTALGIA! :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a great Gunstar Heroes clone. Not quite as good but great none the less. I doubt Treasure made it though, just doesn't really have that same feel and the art isn't by Han. I always thought it was by the team behind Wild Arms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Decided to just say feck it and cash in all my store credit and start off my Mega Drive collection.

hv2sjuX.jpg

Paid over the odds, but it was credit, and I can now cut ties! Also have Sonic 1, 2 and Spinball coming in the mail this week, CIB.

Anybody have any titles they're looking to get rid of? :P
    No castlevaina....best game on the system.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Flaregon wrote: »
    No castlevaina....best game on the system.

Gunstar Heros says 'go home you're drunk'. Rocket Knight Adventures remains unimpressed.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a great Gunstar Heroes clone. Not quite as good but great none the less. I doubt Treasure made it though, just doesn't really have that same feel and the art isn't by Han. I always thought it was by the team behind Wild Arms?

Dunno. It remains an unsolved mystery.

http://worldofstuart.excellentcontent.com/gh.htm

I think Stuart there is jumping to conclusions. It's never been mentioned by anyone at Treasure and it doesn't really feel like a Treasure game to me, more like a company making a homage to Treasure. It's not as slick as something like Alien Soldier or Gunstar with some boss patterns being a bit iffy and predictable. It never really keeps you on your toes and constantly moving like treasure games from back then. The art is all wrong as well. It's more likely made by a team wanting to copy Gunstar.

Media.vision made a lot of 3DO games as well so it could be a 3DO team that made it either although I'd be surprised there wasn't just the one team at media.vision that made wild arms and gunners heaven.

I'd put all the money I own on it not being Treasure.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Gunstar Heros says 'go home you're drunk'. Rocket Knight Adventures remains unimpressed.

Played both, gunstar is up there. Still like vaina better.

p.s: must get a copy of gun haven, once I find a better way to bypass Stupid US shipping to get okage for the ps2 lol.

Well, Gunstar Heroes is on the Classic Collection I just picked up.

They were looking for €45 I think in the store for Castlevania, which I thought was a bit much. I'll have to check it out on the 'Bay now though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Bought a lot of 23 original Xbox games this week - €30 for the lot.. but inside there was a nice surprise:

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (Xbox) CIB, near mint.

Well, Gunstar Heroes is on the Classic Collection I just picked up.

They were looking for €45 I think in the store for Castlevania, which I thought was a bit much. I'll have to check it out on the 'Bay now though :)
    only cart one sold went for 36.50 + 3 postage, boxed complete it 50-100....
    so depend if it was boxed or not *used completed listings, world wide*

funkyflea wrote: »
    Bought a lot of 23 original Xbox games this week - €30 for the lot.. but inside there was a nice surprise:

Jurassic Park: Operation Genesis (Xbox) CIB, near mint.

Damn, nice. Any other notable titles?

Where do people find deals like this? :(

• Advertisement

Flaregon wrote: »
    only cart one sold went for 36.50 + 3 postage, boxed complete it 50-100....
    so depend if it was boxed or not *used completed listings, world wide*

Cart only, and now that I think about it, it was €50. I'll check out some reviews on Youtube :)

Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    nice, TotallyEpic buy it now lol, nice price xD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Damn, nice. Any other notable titles?

Where do people find deals like this? :(

Nothing else of note really, except for Project Zero and The Warriors. It's not as if I find this stuff regularly or anything, this was a once off (except for Klonoa last week but thats an exception!) :D

It's semi-complete in box, missing the manual (has the front page).

I'll watch it, short on cash until my next payday :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Quick question lads about a recent transaction for me..
    I recently got Pandora's Tower LE for €40 incl post. It took a
    Most a month to get it, seller claimed to have sent it to the wrong buyer.
    Received it last week. It was sent stuffed into a DVD size Jiffy bag and has suffered damage as a result, the flap has come loose and is completely bent out of shape and most of the edges have been worn - it was described as mint by the seller. The envelope was also ripped and well worn and in my view was totally inadequate to send a box the size of this game.
    Seller is taking no responsibility and hasn't even offered an apology for the damage and sees no issue with the material used in postage.
    Am I being unreasonable in expecting it sent in a box or at least in a decent sized envelope with some additional padding?
    Maybe I'm just moody because a bird defecated on my Pokemon Typing Adventure.

Did you pay via Paypal? If the seller refuses to take responsibility, file a claim.

Master of the Universe

Seller sounds like an ass. I'd definitely file a claim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Paypal all right, learned the lesson there after getting burned on am Amiga CD32. I know I can start a claim but I'm not sure if I should, if I'm being pernickety or just overly concerned with condition. I mean I think €40 was a decent price but....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Quick question lads about a recent transaction for me..
    I recently got Pandora's Tower LE for €40 incl post. It took a
    Most a month to get it, seller claimed to have sent it to the wrong buyer.
    Received it last week. It was sent stuffed into a DVD size Jiffy bag and has suffered damage as a result, the flap has come loose and is completely bent out of shape and most of the edges have been worn - it was described as mint by the seller. The envelope was also ripped and well worn and in my view was totally inadequate to send a box the size of this game.
    Seller is taking no responsibility and hasn't even offered an apology for the damage and sees no issue with the material used in postage.
    Am I being unreasonable in expecting it sent in a box or at least in a decent sized envelope with some additional padding?
    Maybe I'm just moody because a bird defecated on my Pokemon Typing Adventure.

Seems like a reasonable thing to do to a Pokemon game if you ask me :eek::eek::D:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement