Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Steve SI wrote: »
    Seems like a reasonable thing to do to a Pokemon game if you ask me :eek::eek::D:D

I've played pokemon yellow and that's it so far but I'm not sure I agree Steve, I got two of them though so does that make it a better purchase.

Actually got 4 pokemon games today all new and sealed for the grand total of €30. Tesco vouchers from my granny :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Paypal all right, learned the lesson there after getting burned on am Amiga CD32. I know I can start a claim but I'm not sure if I should, if I'm being pernickety or just overly concerned with condition. I mean I think €40 was a decent price but....

If you paid for a mint copy, you should receive a mint copy. It's the responsibility of the seller to ensure that you receive the item in the same condition it was when it was sold.

And because he's being an ass, I'd file a claim and keep the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Steve SI wrote: »
    Seems like a reasonable thing to do to a Pokemon game if you ask me :eek::eek::D:D

1B283A12-5708-45C6-9047-7E68AE9C7E9A_zps8x7getvm.jpg

Just these two from me. Been playing ace attorney all day. I don't see why this can't get a European/American release as it's entirely in English. Well and japanese too if you wish.

3BD0C19C-8245-40B7-8A51-32F2BC1CFD99_zpsqqj7l1pp.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Paypal all right, learned the lesson there after getting burned on am Amiga CD32. I know I can start a claim but I'm not sure if I should, if I'm being pernickety or just overly concerned with condition. I mean I think €40 was a decent price but....

You're not at all and you should have received the game as advertised.

I remember once I bought a Master System Converter II (rare enough yolks) in it's original box. The guy stuck a single layer of brown paper around the box. It took an absolute beating and completely killed any value it once had.

I still regret not filing a claim, 7-6 years later! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

File the claim, not packaging something properly warrants it.

• Advertisement

I probably will but am giving to seller a chance to redeem himself. Not looking likely though that he will.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Where was ME for a tenner? Wouldn't mind giving that a shot myself.

HMV on Henry St, its Xtra-vision stock, the disc was in perfect condition and came with the Nintendo Points card un-used.
    I also enjoyed Godzilla, but it was a bit disingenuous pushing it as Bryan Cranston movie.

Yup the first 30 mins are great with Bryan Cranston, he had the passion of the role, when he's 'gone' the film takes a complete nose dive to rubbishvill for what felt like 2 more hours, too much focus on (the pointless and very bad acting)humans, not enough focus on Gozillla and the other yokes. Pacific Rim was a million times better and got it right even with the cardboard cut-outs for actors.

And as of yesterday a sequel was given the green light. I wont being to see that, thats for sure!

Saw Bad Neighbours yesterday, infinitely better movie :D

Gosh, bad neighbours was pure muck, I'm not holding too much hope for Godzilla so.

Gosh, bad neighbours was pure muck, I'm not holding too much hope for Godzilla so.

Lol, by all means, it was a sh!te Monday afternoon comedy with toilet humour, nothing ground breaking at all but made me chuckle, just like Godzilla :rolleyes:

X-Men better be amazing this weekend!

Master of the Universe

I can hear Johnny Ultimate spinning in his fedora :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Lol, by all means, it was a sh!te Monday afternoon comedy with toilet humour, nothing ground breaking at all but made me chuckle, just like Godzilla :rolleyes:

X-Men better be amazing this weekend!

Always wanted to do that! :o

Youtube's blocked in work here.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

o1s1n wrote: »

FYI, your inbox is full ;)

Youtube's blocked in work here.....

Its just a little play on your username! :)

Master of the Universe

FYI, your inbox is full ;)

Bloody hell that fills up fast :eek: - thanks for the heads up!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Think I'll avoid this thread in case of spoilers...

Bloody hell that fills up fast :eek: - thanks for the heads up!

I bet STD.Otaku will have something FILTHY to say about this no doubt! :P

Getting threatened now by the seller. Going to come to my house to collect the game and when I said I'm going to paypal, he said work away but be ready for the consequences.
    Opened up paypal case but he keeps responding through adverts!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nice, if you have that in writing it would make a nice open and shut case for the gardai.

Master of the Universe

Getting threatened now by the seller. Going to come to my house to collect the game and when I said I'm going to paypal, he said work away but be ready for the consequences.
    Opened up paypal case but he keeps responding through adverts!

Haha woah! Has he got much feedback? I'd be pushing to have him banned for that.

Actually... isn't he located in the US?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Just got a lovely bit of wall candy, one of my favourite Megadrive covers too so should look great framed if I can sort out some of the folds.

newgeneration_zps62cac7a2.jpg

Haha woah! Has he got much feedback? I'd be pushing to have him banned for that.

Actually... isn't he located in the US?

It's an Irish seller with a decent amount of feedback but with some negative mixed in.
    Says I'm being cheeky asking him if he could either stop using txt spk or at least use punctuation, so I can understand the replies a bit better.
    Offered me €30 refund after I return the game. I paid forty and will have to pay like ten to return with registered post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Want me to call up when he calls over? Since I work on a farm I usually have a lot of intimidating stuff in my boot

Off the top of my head I know I have a hatchet and a chainsaw in there at the moment, aswell is a slasher

any links to his profile?

Seriously though if he does threaten you in any way ,which it sounds like he did, that's assault, just hold onto those messages, so you have him by the short and curleys if he doesnt **** off and give you a refund

Master of the Universe

Indeed, he opened up a different can of worms altogether if he's using threatening language. Be careful your replies aren't inflammatory just in case you ever do need to take it further.

I think I might just leave it, as the address he has is my parents house and if it did escalate I wouldn't want him going there.
    I have been nothing but cordial throughout.
    I got the game eventually on the 9th of May at my parents house but I hot it myself yesterday and opened up the discussions, will that affect my paypal claim.
    He also is claiming with paypal that he packed it well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I'd file that claim, get him banned from adverts. Then when/if he comes looking for the game, get the guards on him and keep the game.

Win win win.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

He's only using that language to intimidate and draw the issue to a close.
    I'd take him to the cleaners.
    And remind him that you have a copy of everything he has emailed/Pm'd you and can provide them to the Gardaí
    Let him know that you'll be expecting a refund and you'll be keeping the item.
    I'd get moderators from Adverts involved as well, did you take a picture of the package when you opened it?
    Anyway, sorry for all the hassle you're having.

Master of the Universe

You can report PMs on adverts too cant you? I'd at least make sure to do that on any of the threatening ones and get him banned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

It's an Irish seller with a decent amount of feedback but with some negative mixed in.
    Says I'm being cheeky asking him if he could either stop using txt spk or at least use punctuation, so I can understand the replies a bit better.
    Offered me €30 refund after I return the game. I paid forty and will have to pay like ten to return with registered post.

Who's the seller ?

Edit was it talerun ? He's a Nice Guy send him pictures and explain the problem, I think he may sort u out in some way, as I've never had any problems with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

If they really are trying to clean up their website removing sellers like that would be a good start.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement