Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Nope. That was what I was thinking about. You feel compelled to do that, but the mic pickup so far has been superb.

You can even get Snake for it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭Shiranui

So this post is used to brag about new toys? Well I got a WII and planning to make it into a nice emulation machine. WIP as of now :)

my mate has one,
    said its great for looking at smut when your having a ham shank :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Jaysus, this forum will be having its rating upped to '18s plus' if this level of filth continues! And a BBFC and IFCO 18s, not the half-hearted PEGI suggestion.

Won't somebody please think of the children Atavan :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Keep it kinda clean here folks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Didn't do too bad in Tesco this evening.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Metroid Prime Trilogy for a €5 each also they're selling Crested Ten Whiskey for just €25.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Didn't do too bad in Tesco this evening.

Trauma Center: Second Opinion and Metroid Prime Trilogy for a €5 each also they're selling Crested Ten Whiskey for just €25.

They have Metroid Prime trilogy again?
    Is that your local branch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Holy ****. Just making a call on this thing is fecking amazing.

How are you hearing the calls with it?

Is there a loud speaker or a headphone socket or what?

I think the Moto 360 is the most stunning looking smart watch so far, hopefully it will get to market.

moto-360.jpg

That gear is definitely the nicest looking of the square ones I've seen so far though, how much did you get it for?

You know what? The mic on it is brilliant. I think anyone that's reviewed one and been critical of it needs their ears syringed. There is no jack on the device itself, it's all bluetooth. Which is fine by me for my needs but may not be for others. You can control a STB with it, and your TV too with the IR blaster. Control music. Streaming devices etc.

I'd love to see Chromecast control added to it. Or Plex or something. I've added eBay, Twitter and Gmail so far. All are working great. So is the voice dialling, even when you're saying Irish names it seems to pick up on them and get it right.

There is also a 'dog whistles' app on it in the Gear Manager store thing. My dog thinks it's ace..... no really she does! :D

Really liking this watch so far. Glad I ignored the eejit reviews now.

EDIT: Noticed I didn't answer your question at all there sorry. The watch has a mic and speaker built in. The volume is loud enough and I only have it set to about halfway. It's easy enough to flick the call audio between your phone, a bluetooth mic or the watch etc. It's pretty cool that you can chuck settings around all over the place without having to faff on your phone.

Or even if you need to give a phone number. I can look it up with a voice command and flick it over to someone via the watch or just read it out. In essence it's just a nice device to compliment a phone if that's your thing. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

001_zpse106c59f.jpg?t=1400666096

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Some NTSC goodness:

308062.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Why is there a picture of Isengard on the box?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    They have Metroid Prime trilogy again?
    Is that your local branch?

Yep. €50 Wii's as well.

They seem to have big crates of stuff coming out as well, seemed to be mostly filled with PS2 copies of Happy Feet though.

Oh and they had Buzz with controllers for the PS2 for just €3.

Let me know if cheap Nintendo hardware turns up, will you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Let the vultures find their own pay dirt I say :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Myrddin wrote: »
    Let the vultures find their own pay dirt I say :D

I'll take back Mario land so there please :pac:

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I'll take back Mario land so there please :pac:

Ah but you didn't buy up all the value & rob others of it...you're ok by me dude :D:D

Now now, I just need a few bits of Ninty handheld goodness to have the lot.
    If Tesco are flogging them off I need to know!

Re:Tesco Crazy sale prices

Just when I thought I was out

66354-Al-Pacino-they-pull-me-back-in-0v9d.gif

The bastards.

• Advertisement

Ah but you didn't buy up all the value & rob others of it...you're ok by me dude :D:D

You got your slice of the pie. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

One of the guys here in work was buying up all the high value games in Tesco(and it seems sticking them up on eBay) and managed to grab a load of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii for feck all. I politely asked to buy one(he had 8)from him and he wanted 70 quid!! Cheeky fecker, and I’d picked up a few games in my local tesco for him the other week and only charged him what I paid for them!
    Some people :mad:

Amen-GIF.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭Cantstandsya

Damn this thread, every time I see Tesco mentioned I walk down to the local one here... always with disappointing results.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Balbriggan has dried up in terms of anything worthwhile. I still want a cheap euro 3ds and a DS lite. Can't really get them second hand because the screens are usually in bits.

I did, cheers again for that. We had a thread for 'sharing the value' after all, so struck me as a bit odd to see the focus of some change from finding the deals & passing on the goodness to others, to buying up tons of stuff to flog off for profit. Anyway, I got a few nice gems thanks to some good spirited folk :D
    Steve SI wrote: »
    One of the guys here in work was buying up all the high value games in Tesco(and it seems sticking them up on eBay) and managed to grab a load of Metroid Prime Trilogy for the Wii for feck all. I politely asked to buy one(he had 8)from him and he wanted 70 quid!! Cheeky fecker, and I’d picked up a few games in my local tesco for him the other week and only charged him what I paid for them!
    Some people :mad:

That's just taking the urine

I did, cheers again for that. We had a thread for 'sharing the value' after all, so struck me as a bit odd to see the focus of some change from finding the deals & passing on the goodness to others, to buying up tons of stuff to flog off for profit. Anyway, I got a few nice gems thanks to some good spirited folk :D

Btw I'm not having a go at anyone here, whatever folks do is their own business etc :) I found it more humorous than anything, from the 'help a brother out' attitude at the beginning to mopping up the good stuff & screw everyone else near the end :D It's all good though, I think more or less everyone got a bite of the pie.

Like mentioned above, I got sick of having to check all the nearest Tesco's every time something new cropped up that people were getting. Enough is enough Tesco! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,169 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oisin got no bite of the pie! I want some pie!

All I managed to find was crappy 360 games :(

Edit; I did get one of those CIB Xenoblade jobbies but that was Argos so it doesn't count :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,169 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

This just checked in to Parcel Motel. Has to be the PVM?

No text about an oversized package (hurr hurrr!) maybe it'll fit in one of the larger storage thingies?

ParcelMotel_zps1c508238.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm just going to go ahead and say it, and I've been guilty of it too, can we lay of the gif-fest we are having in these parts.
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement