Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,169 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Could probably build a supergun into the battery compartment :)

Well there's your summer project! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    It'd say under 10Kg. Probably 7-8Kg? Very light indeed.

Here's a very blurry (my SLR has vanished in the last two hours :confused:) size comparison photo, but you get the idea.

20, 14 and 9 inch. Would have powered the 14 inch on too but thought the load (along with a console) might be a bit much in a box room.

My one vanished permanently :(:(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

o1s1n wrote: »
    20, 14 and 9 inch. Would have powered the 14 inch on too but thought the load might be a bit much in a box room.

seniors-shocked-tv-2324302.jpg

Flamin' Nora! Even Le Cidre is offended by that one! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Steve SI wrote: »
    If that's a 9" it'll fit in just fine.
    I've a 20" coming in a week or so and i'm pretty sure it wont fit in and I'll be getting an oversized package warning.

Lets just hope they dont force it into a locker thats smaller than the actual package like they did with me!

Maybe the delivery guy was a magician and did it as a trick! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Picked up these 2 from an extremely nice adverts seller for a fiver yesterday. :)

308283.jpg

So have all 3 gta titles for the ps1 now.

Had a good chat about gaming with the guy too,
    Hes selling games for lots of platforms at the moment so might be worth having a look.

http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-474615/status_active/type_all

Going to pick up more off him again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I just picked up Street Fighter X Tekken and 688 Attack Sub from RedXIV, in exchange for the tender loveliness of The Last Story in all it's sealed glory.

Confession time though....
    I went rogue...
    I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy in Tesco the other day for a fiver and flogged it to a guy in the UK for €80, posted.
    Just sent it off this morning :(
    I'm sorry for letting you all down.
    I know others can do it without remorse, I'm looking at you STG:Otaku!, but I am sorry for not letting some poor soul here have it for a fiver :(

Forgive me?

I will be spending the ill gotten gains on an Everdrive 64, if that helps, set so I can play everything on the NTSC N64 + RGB loveliness.
    I can then sell the bulk of my N64 collection and make even more money!
    Mwa hahaha!

No remorse at all. It got me a 3DS XL. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    No remorse at all. It got me a 3DS XL. :)

So much for "Viva community spirit!" eh? :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I feel kinda grubby tbh

Myrddin wrote: »
    So much for "Viva community spirit!" eh? :p

You'd have all done the same. Ciderman did! ;)

• Advertisement

Nope

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I thought our mods were meant to lead by example!?

First we had the great 2014 gif cleansing and now this...

**** this I'm off to jamma+

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,620 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Managed to score a job lot of Stadium Events. Will let then go for a tenner a pop (open to negotiation if money is an issue)

Offer applies to all A&R regulars except for Ciderman and STG.Otaku ;)

Nope

Bull****.

Steady on lads.

Luckily Atavan & OwaynOTT didn't anyway, I suppose there's some hope for community spirit after all :P

On a brighter note,
    Tesco struck again.
    Picked up DJ Hero for the PS3 for a mere €5.
    They were more over the last month, being between €50 and €30 on the shelves.
    Also I see some of the DS tories which were at €5 have dropped to €3 and €1.

Luckily Atavan & OwaynOTT didn't anyway, I suppose there's some hope for community spirit after all :P

I'm my defence I did trade with RedXIV with my copy of The Last Story.

Bull****.

If you say so dude.
    But my track record of selling stuff to members here speaks for itself. It's not all about the money in my eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

If you say so dude.
    But my track record of selling stuff to members here speaks for itself. It's not all about the money in my eyes.

One of the things I love about here, all the helping hands and advice sharing and giving people bits and pieces they need, and the no-ripping-off marketplace (and highlighting where others are trying to rip others off!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,169 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Different people have different ideas on this one.

I only try to recoup my losses when selling stuff if it's to folks I know. In many cases I do sell at a loss as I know the person and like the idea of them getting joy out of something that's gathering dust in my house.

If nobody I know wants it, then it'll go for sale on ebay at the market value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

If I could do it all again, I'd gouge ya. Biggest regret ever that transaction.

Anyway, I flipped Xenoblade on eBay, so I'm no angel and for similar reasons to STG which was to help buy stuff for myself.

I got caught rotten on that deal though, feckin Italians!

Anyway screw you guys!

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I got caught rotten on that deal though, feckin Italians!

What happened?

Once again, can we move along a little bit. I have a feeling there are opinions on both sides of this and there probably isn't going to be any agreement. I do reckon it's less black and white and lots of shades of grey though.
    Anyway, please, that's the last on the topic before someone says something that'll earn them a warning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

What happened?

Item not as described. Claiming it wasn't new and looking for a full refund plus postage for shipping it back.

It's grand. Just got 2 copies of Lego Batman in Tesco. Limited Edition for 3DS. €3 each. One for me and one to trade . Got Indiana Jones for the DS too for €1. :)

One thing though SteveSI. If you're incinuating I've ripped anyone off, then I would love to know when and how. If I have the wrong end of the stick, then I publically apologise right here and now. But if not don't you dare say I have.

For example, I specifically said the Metroid games I got went for sale AWAY from any communities I frequent. And I don't believe for a second that given the same situation, anyone else would not have done exactly the same thing. In this instance I should really have just said feck all and got on with it. But ho hum, that's just how it is I guess.

Anyway, just my 2 cent.

It's grand. Just got 2 copies of Lego Batman in Tesco. Limited Edition for 3DS. €3 each. One for me and one to trade . Got Indiana Jones for the DS too for €1. :)

One thing though SteveSI. If you're incinuating I've ripped anyone off, then I would love to know when and how. If I have the wrong end of the stick, then I publically apologise right here and now. But if not don't you dare say I have.

For example, I specifically said the Metroid games I got went for sale AWAY from any communities I frequent. And I don't believe for a second that given the same situation, anyone else would not have done exactly the same thing. In this instance I should really have just said feck all and got on with it. But ho hum, that's just how it is I guess.

Anyway, just my 2 cent.

I never said you were ripping anyone off. You said everyone else would do the same as you did and i disagreed with you, and you called bull****.
    I would not have done what you did, simple as that as that’s not the way I am. Not saying you ripped anyone off at all.

I’m not liking your tone at all on the above highlighted text dude, but let’s just leave it at that before anyone gets too offended and either says something that will warrant a warning or runs away from the forum for a while in disgust/annoyance/etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I just picked up Street Fighter X Tekken and 688 Attack Sub from RedXIV, in exchange for the tender loveliness of The Last Story in all it's sealed glory.

Confession time though....
    I went rogue...
    I bought Metroid Prime Trilogy in Tesco the other day for a fiver and flogged it to a guy in the UK for €80, posted.
    Just sent it off this morning :(
    I'm sorry for letting you all down.
    I know others can do it without remorse, I'm looking at you STG:Otaku!, but I am sorry for not letting some poor soul here have it for a fiver :(

Forgive me?

I will be spending the ill gotten gains on an Everdrive 64, if that helps, set so I can play everything on the NTSC N64 + RGB loveliness.
    I can then sell the bulk of my N64 collection and make even more money!
    Mwa hahaha!
    Forgiven would of loved a sealed one lol but shizz happens, crazy price thought , thought they were Only 50ish lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I tried a few Tescos myself looking for a copy of Metroid. No joy at all. Clondalkin had some games going cheap, but no Metroid. I called Tallaght, Nutgrove and Dundrum and lost track of how many times I had to spell the word Metroid. I tried the one in the Ilac when I was in town, but the only thing their gaming section consisted of was CoD Ghosts (what other game could you possibly need?....)

• Advertisement

I don't like your tone either (note at your closing comment; jog on son, I won't lose any sleep over you). And I don't believe you for a second. Though I took what you said as incinuating I am in it (whatever it is) for monetarial gain. Which additionally incinuates to me that you alledge I am a rip off merchant.

C'est la vie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement