Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,406 ✭✭✭brianon

Wel I picked up Punch Out (wii) for a fiver in tesco in the crescent in Limerick.

Also just got Puyo Puyo Tetris for PS3 and it's great fun.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

There's still **** all in tescos balbriggan. If i wasn't so busy I'd have been trawling the country for Tesco bargains.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Right, that's it, no more on the topic, this is the last warning. Any further personal attacks, in my opinion personal attacks, will receive a warning or ban.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I tried a few Tescos myself looking for a copy of Metroid. No joy at all. Clondalkin had some games going cheap, but no Metroid. I called Tallaght, Nutgrove and Dundrum and lost track of how many times I had to spell the word Metroid. I tried the one in the Ilac when I was in town, but the only thing their gaming section consisted of was CoD Ghosts (what other game could you possibly need?....)

That Jervis Tesco is heartbreaking. I've gone down a few times when there's Tesco bargains a-foot and that Wall of Duty is just a cruel, cruel tease! You'd think that one of the stores with the busiest footfall in the country would actually get some of the game stock in, especially when all sorts of smaller local stores have offered many bargains!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

That Jervis Tesco is heartbreaking. I've gone down a few times when there's Tesco bargains a-foot and that Wall of Duty is just a cruel, cruel tease! You'd think that one of the stores with the busiest footfall in the country would actually get some of the game stock in, especially when all sorts of smaller local stores have offered many bargains!

Yeah, that's the reason I tried it. I thought that with it being a bigger shop I'd have a better chance of finding it in there. They have some of their games online, but it wasn't there either. Terribly disappointing in all.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Perhaps metroid prime trilogy isn't rare at all but the prices were kept high by Tescos stockpiling them like de Beers does with diamonds.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have wondered about the original numbers of the limited edition of Xenoblade released in the UK/Ireland, how many were sold, and then how many were subsequently sold via Argos when they found them under the mattress or wherever the heck they were all hiding!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Interesting visit to Tescos today, what was supposed to be a food-for-lunch run turned out to be a games haul. I hadn't bothered getting any of the sale games before but spotted DJ Hero Wii for €5 and thought that must be a bargain, so nabbed two of them after confirming with the price checker. Will probably try trade one if there is any interest.

eVGgPlT.jpg

Spotted these for €1 each and remembered retr0 saying one of the GAA games was great... :P

eaSIH57.jpg

These three were €10, €3 and €5 respectively. Only got Resort as it comes with the MotionPlus yoke and don't have any of them.

BKeot88.jpg

Uncharted 3 for a fiver, Mario and Pilotwings a tenner a pop, Starfox from Xtravision. Someone had hidden Mario behind other rubbish thankfully. Ocarina of Time 3DS was a fiver but there were none left.

sKrZrwm.jpg

Unfortunately I didn't have a 3DS so decided to get the Yoshi XL from Argos with the two free games. Love the colour scheme on it.

oVTFuix.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Enough to this modern stuff :)

Picked up 6 Atari 7800 carts for a great price on Adverts..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Unfortunately I didn't have a 3DS so decided to get the Yoshi XL from Argos with the two free games. Love the colour scheme on it.

Finally!!! :D Enjoy man, lots of great games to catch up on.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Welcome to the 3DS club Andy! Post your friend code! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I got a 3ds on launch day....does that make me special? :D

All this xl talk has me wanting one! And that yoshi one is pretty snazzy looking!

o1s1n wrote: »
    Finally!!! :D Enjoy man, lots of great games to catch up on.

Cheers.
    STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Welcome to the 3DS club Andy! Post your friend code! :)

Eh, let me figure out what that is first. :o Will turn it on after the footy, I know you'll be cheering for Real. :P :P

Can anyone recommend a carry case for it? Or anything to keep it relatively safe. Generic jobbie will do.

Which is better Super Mario Bros 2 or DK Country Returns (is that identical to the excellent Wii game)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Nice haul there Andrew. I'm guessing there's not too much left for me so!

Nice haul there Andrew. I'm guessing there's not too much left for me so!

Ah still worth a look. There's plenty of 360/PS3 stuff for a tenner or less I think. 1 DJ Hero left but just missing the cardboard sleeve. Would like that Ocarina for a fiver so might try look again another day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Won these yesterday on ebay (photobucket wont work for me so these are internet photos).

King-of-fighters-95-sega-saturn-completo-portes-gratis-Tecnologia_441952973_4.jpg

1155251022-00.jpg

Today I won this 38385_front.jpg

and I picked this up from parcel motel this evening.

m8YNPe2Xn1SEQp4hjoWEYIg.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Eh, let me figure out what that is first. :o Will turn it on after the footy, I know you'll be cheering for Real. :P :P

Yeah right!!!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Item not as described. Claiming it wasn't new and looking for a full refund plus postage for shipping it back.

Was that the Xenoblade I traded you? It was brand new & sealed! Did they succeed in the claim??

@Andrew - Sweet haul, welcome to the 3DS gang!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Myrddin wrote: »
    Was that the Xenoblade I traded you? It was brand new & sealed! Did they succeed in the claim??

Did I get a Xenoblade off you? I got a code from Cidey after I had sold that to have a copy for myself.

It wasn't that one if I did trade you. Was one I got from Argos in limerick. I didn't trust the guy to post back the one I sent, reckon he had a another copy and I didn't want that and to cover the postage.
    Gave him a partial refund of a €12, so it wasn't too bad. Turned me off eBay though.

Master of the Universe

I was expecting that Castlevania poster to be a magazine pull out, maybe A3 at most.

:eek:

2014-05-24220723_zps760fd593.jpg

Well that's going in a frame once I get the crease out!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Was one I got from Argos in limerick. I didn't trust the guy to post back the one I sent, reckon he had a another copy and I didn't want that and to cover the postage.
    Gave him a partial refund of a €12, so it wasn't too bad. Turned me off eBay though.

Sounds like a dodgy bastard! Is there any way of completely refusing to refund money in that scenario?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I was expecting that Castlevania poster to be a magazine pull out, maybe A3 at most.

:eek:

2014-05-24220723_zps760fd593.jpg

Well that's going in a frame once I get the crease out!

Are you gonna warm dampen it and dry it flat to de-crease?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Sounds like a dodgy bastard! Is there any way of completely refusing to refund money in that scenario?

Don't think so, with eBay's "100% Buyer Protection".

I was listening to a recent All Gen Gamers podcast, and Jason was telling a story how he sold a camera, completely working, even had a picture of the camera working in the listing. The guy who bought it, said it wasn't working, filed a claim, and got a refund. He returned the camera to Jason smashed into pieces.

I don't think I'll ever be selling anything on eBay again, at least nothing of value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

The whole system is whack, I just refunded him the small amount instead of running the risk of getting back Shaq Fu.
    And I', sure you could contest the claim but in the end the buyer will get their way.

The whole system is whack, I just refunded him the small amount instead of running the risk of getting back Shaq Fu.
    And I', sure you could contest the claim but in the end the buyer will get their way.

Yeah, they usually always side with the buyer, unless they have a history of frequent claims.

Master of the Universe

Steve SI wrote: »
    Are you gonna warm dampen it and dry it flat to de-crease?

At the moment I'm going to try hanging within a frame. There are some very soft creases which gravity should remove over time. (you can see them a lot better in the photo of it on the table, they're already falling out now in the frame)

If not then I'll get a bit more hands on and dampen it alright. Sure I'll see how it goes.

Found a nice big frame which needs some work. Some mounting paper (to hide the brown backing board) and some black paint for the frame and this should look good. Also need to cut down the white mounting, the Konami logo is hiding underneath (can't have that!!!)

castlevania_zps2fa2895e.jpg

Don't think so, with eBay's "100% Buyer Protection".

I was listening to a recent All Gen Gamers podcast, and Jason was telling a story how he sold a camera, completely working, even had a picture of the camera working in the listing. The guy who bought it, said it wasn't working, filed a claim, and got a refund. He returned the camera to Jason smashed into pieces.

I don't think I'll ever be selling anything on eBay again, at least nothing of value.

What a horrible thing to do!

He probably had a camera, accidentally broke it and thought he'd scam an ebay seller out of a new one.

At the moment I'm going to try hanging within a frame. There are some very soft creases which gravity should remove over time. (you can see them a lot better in the photo of it on the table, they're already falling out now in the frame)

If not then I'll get a bit more hands on and dampen it alright. Sure I'll see how it goes.

Found a nice big frame which needs some work. Some mounting paper (to hide the brown backing board) and some black paint for the frame and this should look good. Also need to cut down the white mounting, the Konami logo is hiding underneath (can't have that!!!)

castlevania_zps2fa2895e.jpg

What a horrible thing to do!

He probably had a camera, accidentally broke it and thought he'd scam an ebay seller out of a new one.

Precisely, makes me worry about selling anything on there, combine that risk, with both eBay and Paypal fees (which is crazy, considering they're the same company now, and you're getting charged twice for the same sale), it's really not worth it anymore.

I'd rather let things go here and at least know they're going to a good home.

Also, great looking poster. I need to track down a copy of that game, been hearing nothing but good things. It's funny how it's actually hard to find cart-only versions of the rarer games.

First haul of the day.

308474.jpg

Master of the Universe

Do I spy that Sailor Moon beat em up?

• Advertisement

Any one else here remember a certain member referring to Donkey Kong Country games as crap?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement