Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Any one else here remember a certain member referring to Donkey Kong Country games as crap?

Indeed..."aged badly" & "poor pre-rendered graphics" spring to mind :D Though for the prices he got them for, he's prob not too bothered

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Myrddin wrote: »
    Indeed..."aged badly" & "poor pre-rendered graphics" spring to mind :D Though for the prices he got them for, he's prob not too bothered

Here it is...
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    But Donkey Kong Country is a dull uninspired platformer with advanced for it's time graphics that look like utter **** now whereas DKCR is a genuinely great game. It should be an easy decision.

And so, just to prove a point, he bought all three!

Next week, Retr0 buys LoD!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Arrived in the post this morning. This was the same price as the vanilla download edition on the Irish PSN :eek: Can take or leave the map (which is actually quite good quality) and compass, but a three CD Ys series musical retrospective made this an absolute must buy.

n4yuqh.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

o1s1n wrote: »
    Do I spy that Sailor Moon beat em up?

Yep. Have the first one as well. This one better have Chibi Moon.
    Myrddin wrote: »

Yeah that's true but 10 euro for all 3 from hitjapan wasn't to be sniffed at.

Yeah that's true but 10 euro for all 3 from hitjapan wasn't to be sniffed at.

Not at all, fantastic price in all fairness

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Here's a 22 year wait finally made a reality :D

I actually asked for this back for my 8th Birthday but got 'The Revenge of' instead. Which turned out to be for the best as it's a better game.

The reason I've held off so long is price, It's taken me ages to get it for a reasonable one. People are always looking for stupid money for it. Which is odd, as it's not that uncommon.

Crappy auction photo, but you get the idea :) 19gbp which I'm pretty happy with.

shinobi3_zpsb1dde20f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Arrived in the post this morning. This was the same price as the vanilla download edition on the Irish PSN :eek: Can take or leave the map (which is actually quite good quality) and compass, but a three CD Ys series musical retrospective made this an absolute must buy.

n4yuqh.jpg

Had my eye on that for ages. Lovely GET Mr. U.

Are the soundtracks orchestral?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Had my eye on that for ages. Lovely GET Mr. U.

Are the soundtracks orchestral?

It's a mix! Yes for the most recent games. But it seems to cover the whole spectrum. The Ys 3 section, for example, has cuts from the original game, the 2005 PC version and arrangements from the more recent PSP remake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I actually asked for this back for my 8th Birthday but got 'The Revenge of' instead. Which turned out to be for the best as it's a better game.

The reason I've held off so long is price, It's taken me ages to get it for a reasonable one. People are always looking for stupid money for it. Which is odd, as it's not that uncommon.

Crappy auction photo, but you get the idea :) 19gbp which I'm pretty happy with.

shinobi3_zpsb1dde20f.jpg

Controversial statement about the better game :p

Nice one though. Absolute must have for the system and one of my favourite games ever

Nice price aswell, no idea why it goes for so much because it sold bucket loads back in the day

Picked this up off Steve for a sweet price, thanks again dude

65zg2f.jpg

i6fkmt.jpg

I have a DSi XL already, but it's a bought from new Mario Anniversary one, so that can remain boxed away & this can take over. Just need a Gameboy Pocket, a regular DSi, & a 2DS to complete the Ninty handheld line up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Controversial statement about the better game :p

The Revenge of Shinobi has killer nuns, The Termintor, Rambo, The Hulk, Spiderman, Batman, Godzilla and a jazzy soundtrack ... there is no contest :pac:

Nah, Shinobi III is also brilliant, it comes down to personal preference really. Nostalgia plays a huge part in my choice I guess :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a mix! Yes for the most recent games. But it seems to cover the whole spectrum. The Ys 3 section, for example, has cuts from the original game, the 2005 PC version and arrangements from the more recent PSP remake.

I much prefer the PC-88 versions. Yuzo Koshiro and the other composers on the series were gods of FM synthesis and find their music doesn't translate as well to orchestral. I always play the remakes with the PC-88 audio.
    The Revenge of Shinobi has killer nuns, The Termintor, Rambo, The Hulk, Spiderman, Batman, Godzilla and a jazzy soundtrack ... there is no contest :pac:

Shinobi 3 is great and all but Revenge really is in a class of its own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

I posted these earlier but in the wrong thread!

Highlights of the last week or two.

LKzpED1.jpg

Morrowind Prophecies (hefty enough)
    CIB Klonoa w/ point blank demo.
    Crash 3 CIB
    Medievil 2 CIB
    Gameboy Colour CIB great condition.
    Jurassic Park Operation Genesis CIB near mint

edit: forgot to add Power Rangers - Megadrive

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

First haul of the day.

Chalvo 55 is the pick of the bunch. Great game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

n4yuqh.jpg

quoted the wrong post a minute ago. I definately want this. What site did you get it from if you don't mind me askin? Cheers. Looks really nice.

ghostchant wrote: »
    Chalvo 55 is the pick of the bunch. Great game

Never played it but seen it in a few gameboy retrospectives recently so bought it. Jeremy Parish mentioned it as well so luckily I got it before the price went bananas like it did with Trip World after the covered it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Filled a gap in my collection today

001_zps3a142f3a.jpg?t=1401029823

Can't go far wrong for 15 blips for a mint copy.
    I now have all of the Ace Attorney & Professor Layton games except the new crossover one.

.... and investigations 2 :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Those games were always a bit weird to me, they always teetered between an adventure game and a visual novel, but not enough in either direction to keep my attention.

I may need to give them another try.

.... and investigations 2 :'(

yeah sorry, keep forgetting about that one because it never got localized.

• Advertisement

quoted the wrong post a minute ago. I definately want this. What site did you get it from if you don't mind me askin? Cheers. Looks really nice.

I got it from those ever reliable folks over at Video Games Plus! Unfortunately, just looked for the link to the game there and it looks like that edition is now sold out :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

I got it from those ever reliable folks over at Video Games Plus! Unfortunately, just looked for the link to the game there and it looks like that edition is now sold out :(

alway try to find good game from the us cheap, shipping is always crazy.....40 euro to ship 8 games isn't to bad Video Games Plus......
    anyone know any site with cheap ps2 rpgs/even just cheap shipping lol.

Flaregon, I assume from the fact I hadn't heard back that your mate got that game?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Never played it but seen it in a few gameboy retrospectives recently so bought it. Jeremy Parish mentioned it as well so luckily I got it before the price went bananas like it did with Trip World after the covered it.

Yeah picked it up in Tokyo a couple of years ago in pristine condition for next to nothing, had seen it in a couple a 'best of' lists and took a punt. Has the price jumped recently?

ghostchant wrote: »
    Yeah picked it up in Tokyo a couple of years ago in pristine condition for next to nothing, had seen it in a couple a 'best of' lists and took a punt. Has the price jumped recently?

Well it was the only one I could find on ebay and it was 40 euro. I snapped it up because I was looking for a copy of Trip world for the last year and that shot up in price to stupid levels since it was mentioned on retronauts and by mr Parish on usgamer, I was afraid it wold happen to chalvo55 as well since he mentioned it as well. It being the only one on ebay for a long time made me think it might be hard to find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Flaregon, I assume from the fact I hadn't heard back that your mate got that game?
    I forgot, very sorry. Ill leave it, thank you very much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

shinobi3_zpsb1dde20f.jpg

I prefer The Revenge Of too! Didnt play through much of the 3rd game though.

The revenge had a better flow to it. I think flow is very important in games, especially platformers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

These arrived today:

t14zGRpl.jpg

The Power Base Converter and the Master System games are from Jack burton on here, great seller, got the stuff to me quickly. Haven't had the chance to test them out yet, but it's in great nick, and a nice selection of games to start off my Master System collection (again). The Sonic games were some eBay purchases, got them fairly cheap (shipping from the UK was reasonable, didn't have to use Parcel Motel which is always nice :P).

8yKf1FJl.jpg

RGB Scart cable for my Mega Drive which has yet to arrive :( Got them from this crowd. Again, reasonable postage from UK, and they seem like a high quality cable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭fifth

Going to get one of those MD scart cables myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got a PacMan ring this morning I copied my cousin lol, had the other ring already from Dorothy Perkins, just found it by accident.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement