Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I thought I didn't need any more arcade sticks - I was wrong! :o

Buttons and stick have been modded. (Sanwa)

Apparently it has Xbox 360 functionality too!

I actually missed out on this exact stick twice on adverts. So third time's a charm, haha.

Thanks Hygro, she's a beauty.

2014-05-27173202_zpscf77f10d.jpg

Also got this the other day from Mozie82 - Rayforce!

DSC_0623_zps29564f76.jpg

DSC_0625_zps71d0de16.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

36CC6AC1-E1AE-48DC-A984-7995DD396AB9_zps7jr1hnun.jpg

I'll get my coat!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Sera wrote: »
    I got a PacMan ring this morning I copied my cousin lol, had the other ring already from Dorothy Perkins, just found it by accident.
    308652.jpg

Dayummmmmn gurl, you got more rings than Sonic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

36CC6AC1-E1AE-48DC-A984-7995DD396AB9_zps7jr1hnun.jpg

I'll get my coat!

Any good?

KeRbDoG wrote: »
    Any good?

+1

Dying to know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

waveform wrote: »
    +1

Dying to know!

I heard in passing that they put a hold on reviews by news/review sites until it was released? If true, thats never a good thing :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

sugarman wrote: »
    From the reviews i read its getting 7 or 8/10's so far.. I think the hype and build up to it is whats letting it down in peoples opinions, I'll prob pick it up over the weekend and see for myself that I have a few days off.

I think it would have been received better if it made the launch of XB1 and PS4 as originally planned. inFamous: Second Son gave me my fix of open world games for a while. I'll probably pick it up cheap on PC in a few months.

I've only played about an hour of it so far but first impressions are that it's not as bad as some people are making out. There was a lot of hype built up and I guess some people had it built up to be the next GTA with hacking which it's definitely not. It definitely has more of a saints row/sleeping dogs vibe.

Driving isn't great but it's easy enough to adapt to it, as with other sandbox games. I do find it a bit confusing as when you're driving around there's lots of hacking options with traffic lights and stuff so it can be a bit distracting when you have all these prompts popping up.

I know people were saying the 360 version suffers graphically but I think it's on par with what's currently out there. Saying that I haven't seen the PS4/XB1 versions so I don't know how it compares.

Story seems interesting and supposedly gets better later on in the game.

Overall I'd say it's worth a play. Definitely not worth the €60 it's selling for in stores so wait a couple of months and pick it up for €30.

Actually there is one feature which I'm dying to try once the servers are up and that's the iPad app. It's basically where you get a top down view of someone's game as the police and you can deploy lots of different weapons and tactics to try and stop them.

Definitely seems like something that'd work really well on the wii u.

I think I'll be getting Watch Dogs when I buy a PS3 soon, it looks pretty epic!

And the fact I have an ipad makes me want it even more.

My cousin will have it soon anyway, so I'll get to try before I buy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I got it from Amazon yesterday for the PS4 (not sure how it arrived for launch day using Super Saver delivery, but hey!)...like most have been saying, it's nothing ground breaking, but seems a decent game none the less. Apparently it picks up substantially after the first few hours.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just got there packs of 3000 Nintendo points for three euro each in Tesco.
    Now, what to spend it on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Cocaine and hookers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I've an Xbox lined up to collect at the weekend over on Adverts but the vultures are circling:(

http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/original-unused-xbox-1-6-in-unopened-packaging/5586111#comment_29949444

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Nice that he's not buying into their rubbish or upping the price, and sticking with meeting you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Nice that he's not buying into their rubbish or upping the price, and sticking with meeting you.

Saturday suits us both for collection so I hope he stays that way until then.

Master of the Universe

So I got a xbox2jamma adapter off saftyboy last night.
    made a nice little case for it today and was going to make a jamma harness for it to make it proper jamma.
    came out lovely

2014-05-28+13.01.43.jpg

then disaster,
    I was locking up one of the carparks in work and this wrinkly old bag of a yoke was last out and taking forever.
    like I had no where else to be.
    I had left my bag in the other car park and a fella drove over it :(

2014-05-28+17.01.22.jpg

Luckily I had taken my raybans out and was wearing them because the case was flattened and ripped up.
    he said he'll replace it for me.
    Raging tho

Master of the Universe

Holy crap! Talk about utterly destroyed. You must be gutted, the job you did with the perspex looked gorgeous :(

Pretty pissed off but what can you do.
    It could of been alot worse as I usually have all sorts of mad **** in my bag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Dude ran over my jamma to xbox adapter?

Better take a pic :D

Ah only jokin, that sucks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

urbanledge wrote: »
    Pretty pissed off but what can you do.
    It could of been alot worse as I usually have all sorts of mad **** in my bag.

Like some of STG's "yokes"?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Can those wii /dsi points be used on a 3ds?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

keithgeo wrote: »
    Can those wii /dsi points be used on a 3ds?

No :(
    But, there seems to be plenty of worthy titles on the Wii/DSi shop, which is nice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

That broken jamma makes me think there might be a gap in the market....

"Have your games been damaged and it wasn't your fault?"

In seriousness though that is ****ty, least the guy will replace it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

I've been having some great fun with Hydroventure. It has a demo if you want to try it out, it has a world of goo charm to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

**** one Dave, but that perspex looks amazing so I'm gonna see if you can do a marquee for the egret for me, only if you have the time. I'm gonna look into how they back light the NNC so well so it can work with the Egret. Lucky the xbogz wasn't in the bag too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Actually there is one feature which I'm dying to try once the servers are up and that's the iPad app. It's basically where you get a top down view of someone's game as the police and you can deploy lots of different weapons and tactics to try and stop them.

Definitely seems like something that'd work really well on the wii u.
    Sounds like Zombie U mutipleplayer maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

How did they manage to run the bag over?
    I've a big bag of brass standoffs like these, I can send you down a few for your next one
    r7Iec.jpg

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

safetyboy wrote: »
    **** one Dave, but that perspex looks amazing so I'm gonna see if you can do a marquee for the egret for me, only if you have the time. I'm gonna look into how they back light the NNC so well so it can work with the Egret. Lucky the xbogz wasn't in the bag too.

He did a marquee for my Pony and it came out class :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement