Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    Welcome to the F3 Owners Club Pantrylad! :)

Elevator Action Returns is on my YOINK! list too. Awesome game.

@StevenEmmanuelle: I thought you got a new F3 mainboard? Was the other one fried? :confused:

No, this is the only one I have now. I think it's fixable and might just need the voltage turned up or down on the board.

On a brighter note, I'm getting another c64 tomorrow for parts and I should be able to use it to make the joysticks work on my other c64(the nice and clean one).
    Also off Japan in the next 36 hours :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Just took a gamble on ebay, its not gaming related but its retro related

Just got this fella from ebay.co.uk, cant really tell if its the best condition in the world but seems to be fairly good, have to wait till he gets here to inspect it fully. Already have my eye on a backup on :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Just took a gamble on ebay, its not gaming related but its retro related

Just got this fella from ebay.co.uk, cant really tell if its the best condition in the world but seems to be fairly good, have to wait till he gets here to inspect it fully. Already have my eye on a backup on :P

That's mad, I only noticed this past past weekend that my nephew has one of them teddies. I never had a pet monster myself, although I did get near enough to 151 virtual ones in the late 90s.

I've wanted one for ages, ever since I saw it in the backround of the monster squad film. They go for stupid money sometimes though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Excellent price man!

You posted up something about them a while ago and really got me interested. I remember seeing them on TV when I was a kid but couldn't find one over here.

In good condition they usually go for up to around 100 dollars from what I've seen.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

£20 is deadly for one of those. I don't see the handcuffs on it though?

Lad I knew at school had one. Rumours circulated like wildfire that a lad (no, not me) went round this lads gaf one night and picked it up only to find a hole carved in the arse of it.

Will never forget that playground rumour as long as I live. Poor sod was lambasted from here to Gormanston for that stunt!

Yeah they do, I had one lined up for a snipe at the weekend, but my friend were in my house and got me all paranoid about losing and I ended up breaking my own rules. I bid at 12 seconds :(

Needless to say I lost

It was literally like this

£20 is deadly for one of those. I don't see the handcuffs on it though?

Lad I knew at school had one. Rumours circulated like wildfire that a lad (no, not me) went round this lads gaf one night and picked it up only to find a hole carved in the arse of it.

Will never forget that playground rumour as long as I live. Poor sod was lambasted from here to Gormanston for that stunt!

No handcuffs with this one, I know I'll end up getting one with the handcuffs though

That story is just ****ing wow by the way hahahaha

That story is just ****ing wow by the way hahahaha

True story. It's only when you start getting super old AND realizing it, that you start to say stuff you remember your folks saying, mainly the oft lauded:

"School days. Best days of your life."

Couldn't agree more. Some of the things that you look back on from your youth is truly mind-blowing sometimes. :o

Yeah I loved school, except for teachers who thought they were in charge of me, you not...your a teacher like, **** off. The last 2 years of secondary school were just some laugh. oh the things that went on

• Advertisement

I'd like to hear some of Adlutappleflavouredbeveragemale's school stories.

Here's a photo from his class yearbook. :pac:

v_class_boys_rows.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nothing major today, just a US copy of Simons Quest. It's not the best game in the world but it's better than AVGN will have you believe and I'm a massive Vania fan so :P

Master of the Universe

He's the teacher at the back with the tache :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I heard he showed promise in Art class drawing pictures of the local wildlife. :pac:

mammoth-cave-painting-roufignac-france.jpg

Master of the Universe

He was also known for his interesting new inventions in woodwork and discoveries in science.

wheel.jpeg

createFIRE.jpg

I heard that his chemistry lessons were a hoot too.

3180094101_825ba67086.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

And on the 7th God rested and took turns playing Road Rash on the 3DO with Ciderman.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

There were some good days when I was in school...

I remember when Bob suggested we cease our hunter gatherer ways and try domesticating animals, working towards a food surplus and the construction of the first walled villages, we all thought he was mad, Mad Bob we called him...

Then there were those damned Phoenicians, changing import duties on everything....

Don't get me started on the Minoans, told them about the volcano, the need to learn to swim...

The 7th day and God? The bum cheated at Return Fire!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

003-1.jpg?t=1341420590

004.jpg?t=1341420644

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just paid for Homura on the PS2 for 27 with shipping.
    Am I mad?

• Advertisement

Pirate Ship Higemaru is one of the greatest video games ever made.

@Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale: If it was the PAL version then yes. That price is a little on the urgent side. Awesome game though sir. :)

The game was €12, the shipping from the pirate nation of Italy was €15, a tad steep but it really does appear to be the cheapest copy available.
    As I post this I'm sure someone will post up something cheaper!
    Ah, there isn't all that much of modern games for €27 that will be as good, I suppose, plus it adds to my little Shmup collection.

And here it is,
    Homura for €20.48 with free shipping :(
    Homura at Play.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    And here it is,
    Homura for €20.48 with free shipping :(
    Homura at Play.com

• Steal €7 of napkins from Starbucks.
    • VGA grade them
    • ???
    • Gross profit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

a5y wrote: »
    • Steal €7 of napkins from Starbucks.
    • VGA grade them
    • ???
    • Gross profit

I hate when that happens.

Just ordered a Mega CD (or whatever the hell it was called in this region) off the bay from the UK... £33 and £14 shipping.

The catch? It's broken... doesn't detect any discs. I'm sure I can fix it though...

*ninja edit*

Mega / Sega / Supermegaultrarare CD mk II btw...

Ah, it's only 6.50, feck all and I still will own a great Shmup.
    Next stop, Ibara for a tenner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭ondafly

o1s1n wrote: »
    Fingers crossed the Mr Driller and Puzzle Bobble PCBs just boot up without any odd syncing or whatever. I think that's going to be my PCB buying days over for a while. Got a bit silly there. Have that Neo Geo 1 slot out in my parents waiting to be collected too :)

On the Mr Driller 2 PCB , if you find the screen is kind of flickering at a higher refresh rate, go into the system settings, and change from De-Interlace or Interace (which ever its set to). I had to do that with my Mr Driller G board.

Master of the Universe

ondafly wrote: »
    On the Mr Driller 2 PCB , if you find the screen is kind of flickering at a higher refresh rate, go into the system settings, and change from De-Interlace or Interace (which ever its set to). I had to do that with my Mr Driller G board.

Oooh, thanks a million for that! You probably just saved me from a massive freak out :)

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Next stop, Ibara for a tenner!

Good luck with that! I sold my copy not so long ago well over ten times than amount, and it didn't even have the LE bonus book with it or insert pamphlet!

Sure my Insanity Naked Hunter DVD was about half that too, same as my sealed Ibara OST oh, and Ibara sketchbook too. What can I say, I like Ibara. It's ondafly's fault. :o

Rest easy Adultappleflavouredbeveragemale, for I will (hopefully, assuming my reservation papers are taped to a copy in Akiba) have a full Ibara kit to nibble your eyeballs with in a matter of days. You can have a look, but no touchy touchy. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Insanity Naked Hunter DVD

Best racehorse ever.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement