Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

you know me lads,
    only "top shelf" work ;)

How did they manage to run the bag over?
    I've a big bag of brass standoffs like these, I can send you down a few for your next one

nice,
    where did you find those?
    I just cobbles that together out of stuff from the factory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Those PCB stand off/spacer yolks are really handy to have in abundance :D. They're what I used to mount a PCB holder over a PCB. (actually I've since dropped it down to 1 spacer in height from two, takes up less room in the cab)

2013-12-05210345_zpsebe04930.jpg

Can 'dual mount' two PCBs to one board :)

2013-12-05212143_zps9a009a2c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I got them on ebay, search for m3 hexagonal spacers.
    I see they also sell Nylon ones which are probably a better option although my logic was that any static from the perspex would be grounded and not building up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I need to pick myself up one of those PCB holders

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

I've been waiting and waiting AND WAITING for this to have a dvd release. For years. Have been watching crappy low quality episodes recorded from the tv for far too long. Even sourcing them was a pain in the arse.

There was a French DVD boxset I was nearly thinking about picking up a while ago. But decided to wait...

One of my favourite cartoons ever.

One of the best intros ever, of anything. :pac:

It's volume 2, so I now have to go and source volume 1.

Wheeled Warriors explode into Battle – Lightning Strikes!

[IMG][/img]jayce_zps1fedc9da.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

We'll never know if he found his dad :'(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

o1s1n wrote: »
    I've been waiting and waiting AND WAITING for this to have a dvd release. For years. Have been watching crappy low quality episodes recorded from the tv for far too long. Even sourcing them was a pain in the arse.

There was a French DVD boxset I was nearly thinking about picking up a while ago. But decided to wait...

One of my favourite cartoons ever.

One of the best intros ever, of anything. :pac:

It's volume 2, so I now have to go and source volume 1.

Wheeled Warriors explode into Battle – Lightning Strikes!

Love Wheeled Warriors, some great cartoons in the 80s, MASK, GIJOE, Bravestar, Thundercats.. always loved the Transformers though. Started to buy Masterpiece transformers lately after i began to rewatch all the cartoon, expensive but they are great, G1 Cartoon accurate and they transform perfectly into the same vehicles etc from the show.

IMG_0902.jpg

IMG_0891.jpg

IMG_0894.jpg

Master of the Universe

Apparently this is how the film was going to go;

As to an end to the story...yes, there was one. After the series was over, the head of the studio tried to sell the sponsor on the idea of an animated "Jayce" feature. I was commissioned to write it, and I think it actually came out very well...and very, very intense. Saw Boss was finally destroyed in hand-to-hand combat, Jayce comes through some truly life-changing events, we go back to the world that spawned Oon and Gillian for Jayce's training, he falls in love, someone dies...it was a heck of a story. They couldn't get it made, though, so that was the end of it, though somewhere or other I still have the script.

No mention of his dad though! :(

edit - actually found a bit more info, turns out his dad is the 'someone who dies' in the above /sob!

I had that optimus prime when I was a kid,
    I had it for one day and I lost it :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

urbanledge wrote: »
    I had that optimus prime when I was a kid,
    I had it for one day and I lost it :(

I had a fair few of them myself, went missing over the years along with Star Wars toys etc..

This is the originally G1 Toy optimus, as you can see those masterpiece ones above are way better looking, more accurate.

g1-optimus-prime.jpg

Master of the Universe

Once I swapped a Turtles card for that Optimus Prime.

My gran made me give it back 10 minutes later :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

Ah jaysus, stop :P

It should be opened up and used!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Modded Mega Drive arrived today, just tried it out with my new RGB Scart cable.

I'm impressed with how it looks on my HDTV, to be honest, super crisp image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭SirLemonhead

I actually also have a debug xbox motherboard (the ones with 128 megs of ram) but it's in a bog standard black xbox case (dunno what happened the original case) Would anyone want something like that do you guys reckon?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I actually also have a debug xbox motherboard (the ones with 128 megs of ram) but it's in a bog standard black xbox case (dunno what happened the original case) Would anyone want something like that do you guys reckon?

Would be handy for the like of CoinOps... especially where N64 emulation is concerned.

Master of the Universe

Me! :D

Master of the Universe

I think I've lost the plot, just bought a 14 inch BVM :eek: - 33 GBP on eBay and 'very little use' on it

I think I've lost the plot, just bought a 14 inch BVM :eek: - 33 GBP on eBay and 'very little use' on it

lol was watching that one myself

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'm getting a couple 20" BVM's from the UK. I can see if there's more if anyone's interested. The price is between 100-200 sterling depending on condition and extras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'm getting a couple 20" BVM's from the UK. I can see if there's more if anyone's interested. The price is between 100-200 sterling depending on condition and extras.

I may be interested in one of them, where are you picking them up from?

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I may be interested in one of them, where are you picking them up from?

I'm getting them from a private seller in the UK. They are getting shipped over to Parcel Motel once I sort out a couple of things. Two 20" BVM's for me and I'll see if there's more. Plenty of PVM's but eBay prices look better on those.

Master of the Universe

lol was watching that one myself

I hadn't really planned on buying it, but when I threw my bid down the current bid was only £26. Couldn't let it go that cheap! :D

If it arrives working I might need to sell on the beloved 1084s.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I might need to sell on the beloved 1084s.

I might be interested in that if the time comes

I hadn't really planned on buying it, but when I threw my bid down the current bid was only £26. Couldn't let it go that cheap! :D

If it arrives working I might need to sell on the beloved 1084s.

Hmm, I need a 1084 and if its an 1084S all the better :)

Although I already have 6 CRT's of various sorts in my man cave(including the Vectrex, mac classic) and a total of 12 screens including the LCD's :o

But I definitely need a 1084 :D

Myrddin wrote: »
    I might be interested in that if the time comes

i-challenge-you-to-a-duel.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

i-challenge-you-to-a-duel.jpg

The sweet deal o1s1n got on my 3DO will hopefully put me in a stronger position (wink wink nudge nudge wink)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Two 20" BVM's for me

Like it was ever going to be only the one :D

Master of the Universe

The 'S' is far too understated. It should be called 1084STEREO!!! for the sheer amazing sound quality out of the thing. :D

Will let you dudes know. If I keep the 1084s this will be 4 CRTs in a box room. Kind of getting concerned for my own physical well being at this stage :D

Will give the Myrddin first dibs as he got there first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Mitchomagic

I need to pick myself up one of those PCB holders

I have few somewhere

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement