Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Like it was ever going to be only the one :D

Haha, well I've a reputation to uphold dont ya know :)
    o1s1n wrote: »
    The 'S' is far too understated. It should be called 1084STEREO!!! for the sheer amazing sound quality out of the thing. :D

Will let you dudes know. If I keep the 1084s this will be 4 CRTs in a box room. Kind of getting concerned for my own physical well being at this stage :D

Will give the Myrddin first dibs as he got there first.

Ah yeah fair enough. I'm pretty sure I'm going to die of a massive tumour from all the radiation, so you're probably giving me an extra year to live by letting the wizard have it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Jayce Wheeled Warriors, Uylssess 31, Cities of Lost Gold(?) and Rhe more obvious ones of Transformers and He-Man were some of my favourite toons.
    I had the same issue with transformers toys, I was made give them all back and all I traded was a few boulders for them.
    The worse though, was when I lost a Visionary in a tree at the park. I could see the bastard 30 feet in the air but he wouldn't fall, probably still there smirking.
    Even worse was when my Jurassic Park trading cards were stolen out of my coat in school and just thrown all over the mucky pitch. I had a full set!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Steve SI wrote: »
    so you're probably giving me an extra year to live by letting the wizard have it :D

Actually, fire away with it Steve...Bray is miles out for me & I really shouldn't be spending as I'm meant to be saving

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

2 days worth of gets here, some ps1 classics from adverts:

38vEKPG.jpg

qtznDw9.jpg

Need to get the Leon Disc for Res Evil 2, was told in advance.

And *cough* an average PS1 shooter from adverts, and 2 average PS3 games from CeX, *cough*...

E059C8c.jpg

Just to give give you guys a huge anti climax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

just picked up another cheapy for when the Retron 5 arrives, Super Fire Pro Wrestling.
    not sure if it's any good, but was worth a punt at the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

waveform wrote: »
    2 days worth of gets here, some ps1 classics from adverts:

38vEKPG.jpg

qtznDw9.jpg

Need to get the Leon Disc for Res Evil 2, was told in advance.

And *cough* an average PS1 shooter from adverts, and 2 average PS3 games from CeX, *cough*...

E059C8c.jpg

Just to give give you guys a huge anti climax!

Haze is actually pretty fun to play through, just because how hilariously bad the story is. I picked up the game a few years back, just to see, and found myself having a bit of fun on the multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Haze is actually pretty fun to play through, just because how hilariously bad the story is. I picked up the game a few years back, just to see, and found myself having a bit of fun on the multiplayer.

Yeah, it actually looked pretty decent from gameplays, the colour in the game is awesome! Looking forward to playing it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Haze = Ass

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Haze = Ass

Not disagreeing with you. But man, I had so many laughs playing that game..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got a pretty epic 'Get' today. I'm only home from Sligo after looking for somewhere to stay so I'll post pictures tomorrow but there's two very rare games there at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got a pretty epic 'Get' today. I'm only home from Sligo after looking for somewhere to stay so I'll post pictures tomorrow but there's two very rare games there at least.

If there ps1/2 just like give me them, rofl, love hearing about rare finds, were they in the wild or off a seller?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Flaregon wrote: »
    If there ps1/2 just like give me them, rofl, love hearing about rare finds, were they in the wild or off a seller?

I have a thing going with a friend in the US where I send him rare PAL games and he sends me what he can find. I sent him a load of rare stuff last time, Alien Soldier, Michigan on PS2 and can't think of the rest so he went to extra lengths with this one, especially when he heard I've no famicom games and have a 'pitiful' NES collection :) Pics coming soon.

Ok here's my haul from yesterday. I think a few people here were looking for the famicom game as well. Got some beef jerky, candy and potato chips as well.

309019.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

3731611+_33ace7257aa5ac63defe1f90d6bc94dc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

nightshade is an true gem on the NES

Nice Haul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Nice stuff! Big fan of Rolling Thunder, especially the music.

I'm hoping its better than the c64 version!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

What version is that you have there? I have the Famicom one. Loved it so much, especially the music, I found a little mini CD release of the Famicom OST with a bonus arrange track on it. Deadly little game, much better than the 2 sequels in my opinion. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Well...
    Called into Clarehall GS to pick up my Mario Kart 8 and, lo and behold, the guy behind the counter says "You were asking about one of these a couple of weeks ago, we got two in and we've one spare" and duly produced a copy of Mario Kart 8, Spiny Blue Shell edition, and I could have it for another tenner.
    Seeing as the game had, so far cost me around €22 in various Tesco sourced trades I says "Okay!" and now I am the proud owner of yet more crap!

• Advertisement

I have a thing going with a friend in the US where I send him rare PAL games and he sends me what he can find. I sent him a load of rare stuff last time, Alien Soldier, Michigan on PS2 and can't think of the rest so he went to extra lengths with this one, especially when he heard I've no famicom games and have a 'pitiful' NES collection :) Pics coming soon.

Need Michigan......dam.....its so hard to find.
    505 + suda51....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Metal Warriors nice and a collectors edition of Bravely Default also nice. Nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Well...
    Called into Clarehall GS to pick up my Mario Kart 8 and, lo and behold, the guy behind the counter says "You were asking about one of these a couple of weeks ago, we got two in and we've one spare" and duly produced a copy of Mario Kart 8, Spiny Blue Shell edition, and I could have it for another tenner.
    Seeing as the game had, so far cost me around €22 in various Tesco sourced trades I says "Okay!" and now I am the proud owner of yet more crap!

So... you have an extra copy of the special edition for sale? :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

New Sonic tee came!
    I had a similar one and it was turned pink in the washer, I got a thing to take the pink out but the sleeves went browny, deva. I couldn't get it from the same place so found similar on Red Bubble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Sera wrote: »
    New Sonic tee came!
    I had a similar one and it was turned pink in the washer, I got a thing to take the pink out but the sleeves went browny, deva. I couldn't get it from the same place so found similar on Red Bubble

Ooooohhhh where'd you get that? Got a link? Would love one of those.

Also to avoid similar thing happening in the wash in future use a few colour catchers.

I'm never arsed separating stuff when I wash it so I just use colour catchers. Don't ever use them with new pairs of jeans though as the colours on those run like mad.

MrVestek wrote: »
    Ooooohhhh where'd you get that? Got a link? Would love one of those.

Also to avoid similar thing happening in the wash in future use a few colour catchers.

I'm never arsed separating stuff when I wash it so I just use colour catchers. Don't ever use them with new pairs of jeans though as the colours on those run like mad.
    Red Bubble, I said in the OP, search Sonic Logo should work.
    I know how colour catchers and stuff work lol, something red got in by accident.

Flaregon wrote: »
    Need Michigan......dam.....its so hard to find.
    505 + suda51....

So do I. Should have got a copy as well for myself but the spanish seller that has a load of them has disappeared.

So do I. Should have got a copy as well for myself but the spanish seller that has a load of them has disappeared.

There are English ones to, rule of rose is easy to get compared to it.

• Advertisement

Shoot, forgot about that game, another one on the list

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement