Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Flaregon wrote: »
    There are English ones to, rule of rose is easy to get compared to it.

The game actually never got an english release as far as I know. 505 are a strange publisher and more than likely were just a front for the Mafia. They apparently only released michigan in Spain, France and Italy but all versions have the english version on it selectable at the start. They did the same with the release of one of the Wild Arms games. Only got a French and Italian release despite being in English.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just bought one just there from France for 40 and 5 shipping, that's about the best you'll get it for. Best to check worldwide sellers since most copys are in mainland europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The game actually never got an english release as far as I know. 505 are a strange publisher and more than likely were just a front for the Mafia. They apparently only released michigan in Spain, France and Italy but all versions have the english version on it selectable at the start. They did the same with the release of one of the Wild Arms games. Only got a French and Italian release despite being in English.

Done research and there's a few on Amazon so I beleave there was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Woo hoo, I got a blue shell! It's the only time I'll be happy receiving one.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

It would have been amusing if people had their Blue Shell edition delivered while they were doing 100kmh on the M50, just as they neared the Toll camera, boom! and the Nissan is wiped out. And after dodging that banana dropping Gorilla in the go-Kart since the airport exit as well!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got MarioKart 8 today. Got it in Argos and it came with a free copy of Metroid other M (worth €18.99 according to the reciept).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    It would have been amusing if people had their Blue Shell edition delivered while they were doing 100kmh on the M50, just as they neared the Toll camera, boom! and the Nissan is wiped out. And after dodging that banana dropping Gorilla in the go-Kart since the airport exit as well!

I was doing 100kmh on the M50 at lunchtime on my way to get our copy, and all I could think of was "Toad's Turnpike"...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Just picked this up for €35. I finally have a NES, hurray!

C139CE81-37DE-4F29-8DEB-15EDCED7E47C_zpst0alphiq.jpg

It apparantly has the flashing red light so could just need a clean or I'll replace the 72-pin. Fairly clean too with no yellowing. Came with power supply and an RF cable but no controllers, however I have a couple of the NES max controllers I can use for the time being.

Total bargain as it is indeed a NES-001, the first DS ever made, and worth at least $10k, but I scored it for €35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just picked this up for €35. I finally have a NES, hurray!

C139CE81-37DE-4F29-8DEB-15EDCED7E47C_zpst0alphiq.jpg

It apparantly has the flashing red light so could just need a clean or I'll replace the 72-pin. Fairly clean too with no yellowing. Came with power supply and an RF cable but no controllers, however I have a couple of the NES max controllers I can use for the time being.

Total bargain as it is indeed a NES-001, the first DS ever made, and worth at least $10k, but I scored it for €35.

Do the region free mod on it, that seems to solve/prevent a lot of blinky blink flashy flashy. And it's one if the easiest and quickest mods to do :)

Steve SI wrote: »
    Do the region free mod on it, that seems to solve/prevent a lot of blinky blink flashy flashy. And it's one if the easiest and quickest mods to do :)

Yeah was going to do that while it was open. Of course there isn't a Philips screwdriver to be found in the house so I'll have to pick another one up

• Advertisement

So I disabled the lockout chip which did fix the flashing but still no picture or sound. Only either a grey screen or flashing white/blue/red/green screen so I'll probably replace the 72 pin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Back of the box is in Italian and there's a little Italian flag there too.

I wonder is it a standard Euro type game with several languages or just the one? Bit risky if you don't know.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Back of the box is in Italian and there's a little Italian flag there too.

I wonder is it a standard Euro type game with several languages or just the one? Bit risky if you don't know.

All versions have a language select for eng, fr, Spanish and Italian.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not retro but picked up Mass Effect 3 for the WiiU from Argos for a few cent less than 13 euro.
    Bizarrely it's not in the catalogue, not in the in store computer stock thingy in the correct categories.
    I had to Google it, got the item code from Argos.co.uk and entered it into the stock computer directly and up popped the game.

I reckon it could be an easy task, buying all the EA WiiU releases!

It's only a tenner in xtravision.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    It's only a tenner in xtravision.

Wel, consider that bubble burst!
    Is that a new price though? It is in Argos.

I thunk it's new. I said it in the nintendo bargin thread a while back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Got myself a wife and a pretty decent hangover yesterday ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Got myself a wife and a pretty decent hangover yesterday ...

Adverts has really changed since I've used it last...

Congrats!

• Advertisement

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    Adverts has really changed since I've used it last...

Congrats!

Post of the day!

Wel, consider that bubble burst!
    Is that a new price though? It is in Argos.

Wait six months and you can get any EA game for a fiver online. I've not paid more than a tenner for any mass effect game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Isn't the Wii U version by far the worst to get anyway? The most unique aspect of the series was being able to carry over your save file. I know there's some sort of automatic generation of 'decisions', but would be far more consistent to simply stick with one platform and one save!

Yep and the dlc isn't available.

Actually... I have it on the PS3 as well :(
    I don't know what came over me buying it :(
    I'm sorry....
    Forgive me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Used Retropolis for the first time a couple of weeks ago, picked up ff8 for 15 delivered.Thought this was a fair price and hope to use them again in the future.
    P1030048_zpsbe9a1215.jpg

Took a trip to Dundrum today and came home with a new xbox.
    P1030104_zps933791d7.jpg

Now,
    Buy Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crimson Skies and Kung Fu Khaos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Now,
    Buy Panzer Dragoon Orta, Crimson Skies and Kung Fu Khaos!

And buy another opened xbox which millions of exist already! :pac:

Xbox, it sure is one ugly b@stard of a console.

• Advertisement

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Used Retropolis for the first time a couple of weeks ago, picked up ff8 for 15 delivered.Thought this was a fair price and hope to use them again in the future.
    P1030048_zpsbe9a1215.jpg

Took a trip to Dundrum today and came home with a new xbox.
    P1030104_zps933791d7.jpg

Whered you finagle the xbox out of?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement