Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Whered you finagle the xbox out of?

It popped up on Adverts during the week.
    http://www.adverts.ie/xbox/original-unused-xbox-1-6-in-unopened-packaging/5586111

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Monkeykube wrote: »

Oh rite. I assumed that you got in the dundrum shopping place. Nice get.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

An old DS phat and a copy of the first Layton for €20, posted.
    The DS will need a new case at some point but, otherwise, I'm happy with the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,270 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

So I disabled the lockout chip which did fix the flashing but still no picture or sound. Only either a grey screen or flashing white/blue/red/green screen so I'll probably replace the 72 pin.

Don't replace the 72 pin connector, just clean and 're-bend' the connectors pins. Lots of guides online. Once you do that, don't click down the carts when inserting them.
    Also, get a cart cleaner and go wild on your carts to ensure you don't just re-gunk the connector again and undoing a lot of hard work.
    The replacement connectors just try and hold the carts stronger, making it a pain to push in and remove them.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

Have bought from Retropolis before, very fair prices. Did they have an actual shop in town for awhile? I remember seeing something about it but don't think it's there anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Yeah he had a shop in the ferocious mingle but closed up due to a baby en route I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Got this today for a ridiculous bargain price, still sealed in the original shipping box too. :)

94BGxSK.jpg

Got this on Friday:

MCRKtnt.jpg

So just Hyrule Historia to get now I think...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice gets. Just started A Link Between Worlds the other day actually, lovely game indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice gets. Just started A Link Between Worlds the other day actually, lovely game indeed.

It is a wonderful game indeed sir. I am at the Desert Palace dungeon so about half way through it now.

I got the hardback book for that too on Friday. And to be hobest, the game has so much hidden stuff that without it I'd never clear it 100%. So these books are proving handy buys already. :)

Although I suppose you could get the info for free online but these books are nicely presented and the information presented in a nice, easily accesible order.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was in town today and picked these up.

94B466BB-6D2A-493A-9E43-BF92F054404E_zpsobxeb5ko.jpg

I've wanted bmx xxx since a kid and seeing it in chart busters all the time. I was all set for some bmx + boob action but then remembered that the PS2 version was censored, so I'll have to pick up the Xbox or cube version as well :( the megacd and ps1 games were 3 for €5 in the rage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I remember that Scrabble having a brutal AI. It's hard not to, but it'd be up there with the mid-00s PC version.

Handy for multiplayer, obviously.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Just ordered using my parcel motel address for the first time. Ordered a vinyl from the UK. Hoping it arrives in one piece. They take care with their packages right... Gulp.

Finally grabbed a copy of Luigi's Mansion. Joy :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Danonino. wrote: »
    Just ordered using my parcel motel address for the first time. Ordered a vinyl from the UK. Hoping it arrives in one piece. They take care with their packages right... Gulp.

Finally grabbed a copy of Luigi's Mansion. Joy :D

Luigis Mansion, it is a lovely lovely game, congratulations!

Only a very few GC games left and possibly another set of wavebirds (a complete set of four would be awesome) and then I'm done :D
    Think I'll put some stuff up for swaps in the trade thread whenever I finally get round to it.

The way Luigi whistle and hums along is genius.

Compared with the company it kept, launch games on the Xbox and PS2, it has aged amazingly well, if at all.
    And when someone asks how Nintendo didn't ever innovate it's a good example to show how to make a game from your typical character roster that no one was expecting.
    I do recall some people being disappointed that it wasn't Mario 128 but, in a lot of ways, it was much better.

The resi remake is another cube game that I don't think will ever look bad, F-Zero GX and the viewtiful joes too :D

I'm surprised it took me this long to grab, I bought a cube when mario sunshine was released as a birthday present for myself and took a gamble on eternal darkness instead of Luigi as my bundle game. I don't regret that as i love that game. But this long to play Luigi is shameful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Today's get:

309522.JPG

309523.JPG

I love the details on the inside of the box too, would make for a nice collector's item years down the line:

309524.JPG

Now all I need to do is pick up a PS3 this week to test it out!

I'm going to do a Time Crisis gameplay montage and complete the trilogy for the first time, before I play the 4th on a 50" plasma screen.

Should have all 3 games that were made for the GunCon 3 also by the end of the week.

It's a shame there wasn't more made.

Dammit!
    I am after TC4 with the gun too, always looking out but I'm reluctant to pay the €35 that cost :(

I just bought Tokyo Road Race for the PS2, again.
    The last copy I bought, which is the EU release of Battle Gear 2, turned out not to work and, on investigation, turned out to be the disk as it worked on none of the PS2's tested on.
    Anyways, this only cost €7 so not too bad.

I'm waiting on a guy to come back to be on an offer on Odin Sphere, Haunting Ground (both PS2), Williams Pinball Collection and 3D Dot Game Heroes (both PS3).
    I have a feeling 3D Dot Game Heroes is going to be one of those that accrues value with time.

Oh tescos, went in to buy points for Ultra Street Fighter 4 and ended up grabbing Punchout scanning for a fiver..

Little Mac gonna grab some knockouts :D

Was tempted to bring Resident evil revelations and bioshock infinite up to the counter but the girl is sick of me at thins stage and the scanner on the floor is broken, I have a feeling they've dropped in price too :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Danonino. wrote: »
    Was tempted to bring Resident evil revelations and bioshock infinite up to the counter but the girl is sick of me at thins stage

That's her job dude, if it's too much of an ask for her, I'm sure the manager could find someone more willing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Dammit!
    I am after TC4 with the gun too, always looking out but I'm reluctant to pay the €35 that cost :(

The last copy I bought, which is the EU release of Battle Gear 2, turned out not to work and, on investigation, turned out to be the disk as it worked on none of the PS2's tested on.

I'm waiting on a guy to come back to be on an offer on Odin Sphere, Haunting Ground (both PS2), Williams Pinball Collection and 3D Dot Game Heroes (both PS3).
    I have a feeling 3D Dot Game Heroes is going to be one of those that accrues value with time.

I thought €35 posted was a cracking deal considering it cost over €7 to post and the cheapest price on eBay for the complete set was £35 before you even add postage. :)

I was surprised to get today also as it was only posted Friday.

Are those PS2 racers any good?
    If so I'll freemcboot them and give em a whirl!

Arrrrrr!

They are, Atavan is the expert on the Touge /Highway battle type racers, they were massive in Japan, both at home and in the Arcade, and then they came over here, given a crap new name and cover and sold for a tenner, without anyone noticing.
    Easy pickings now to find and buy for little or nothing.
    Battle Gear 3 though, that looks as good as GT4 in my opinion, but I'll have to import it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Dammit!

Odin Sphere & Haunting Ground are both great game, wish i had bought the sealed haunting ground for 15 now, still got an opened 1 for 10 on adverts so I'm happy, you will find em cheaper then eBay on adverts, half the time.

Looks like I'm getting those games, posted, for €35.
    I'm pretty pleased with that, I've wanted to pick up 3D Dot Game Heroes for a while and Odin Sphere since I got Dragons Crown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Nothing like a neighbour doing a clear out & looking to get rid of stuff...yoink!

2vkxdzo.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Rock Band Unplugged is a massively under appreciated game. Makes me really look forward to what Harmonix will do with Amplitude 2.0.

Don't judge me but, as my free game, I got Sonic Lost World.
    And I got the dlc.
    And WTF!
    The Yoshi one is odd, but the Zelda one, it's like I landed in Bizzaro world.

Don't judge me but, as my free game, I got Sonic Lost World.
    And I got the dlc.
    And WTF!
    The Yoshi one is odd, but the Zelda one, it's like I landed in Bizzaro world.

Same here, had most of the rest and thought why not, actually its not too bad and i think some of the control issues people were having were patched up later.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,607 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Ordered a replacement hard disk for my 10xx in 1 Jamma rig from jammaparts.net
    Thing arrived dead. Grrr

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Couple of CeX buys today

001_zps2d17a563.jpg?t=1401821108

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement