Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Couple of CeX buys today

001_zps2d17a563.jpg?t=1401821108

Nice, only games I really want are the world end with you, and somabringer*best RPG on the
    system by miles*

Can see why u picked them 2, there quite fun. When u get into them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Got these today. Bought and only available in Japan. I've got them set up with my Galaxy Note 3 and Gear 2 Neo and the setup is wonderful. You can even give the control a quick button tap to initiate voice commands.

Using these with the Gear 2 Neo is brilliant. Control calls, media, text, voice etc. The lot. Well chuffed. :)

boEcu7f.jpg

Also got these tonight with an SD2SNES not far behind in the post:

ygYI4aM.jpg

Oh and the mandatory copy of Shooting Gameside. Makes for a current full set now. :)

6s0HBSK.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Feck ya'll and your busted, wanna be collecting....

Check this, I got Jenga for the DS on Tesco for €3

Damn, I can feel your covetous gaping from here ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

A few games arrived yesterday that I got from a nice seller over on Adverts.

P1030119_zpsa60261bc.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Sweet haul. Was it you that was after a minty Minish Cap for ages?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up my PS2/3 games from a guy in Sandyford this morning.
    Saves me having to explain to Mrs Ciderman what that parcel is popping in the door.
    Happy though, Odin Sphere, Haunting Grounds, 3D Dot Game Heroes and Williams Pinball Collection for €35.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Because taking a mysterious drive to Sandyford is so much less suspicious than a package arriving at the door :p

Because taking a mysterious drive to Sandyford is so much less suspicious than a package arriving at the door :p

Well, unless she has her space based ciderman tracking system finally up and running I reckon I might be safe.... for now.
    Sandyford is nice though.... didn't see a Sandy Ford anywhere, the occasional Mucky Landrover maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Monkeykube wrote: »
    A few games arrived yesterday that I got from a nice seller over on Adverts.

I'm assuming from that they are re-seals rather than factory sealed with the lack of ninty logo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

This landed today, the set is complete!

e82fafb2-1027-44d0-a258-b99131cbdc25_zps92d286da.jpg

Now do I go for them all CIB??!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Is that the red label you've been trying to pick up for ages? (I think I remember you saying you bought a boxed red label copy, only to open it up and find a silver label one :eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

Tis indeed, found it in a listing on eBay France, delighted! Here's the CIB lot at the moment:

d67ddc2a-0ec8-45fd-b068-7994e962ee65_zps300b39f9.jpg

I tried using my new WD TV Live box there and, Lo and behold, it doesn't want to play a lot of the formats being thrown at it and see's some as audio files when they are, in fact, video :(
    I really thought the device would be the answer to my woes :(
    Should just sell it and get a Raspberry Pi with XBMC instead.

Unless there is a kind so and so who knows about these things?

Sorry for being Off topic by a couple of light years :)

Myrddin wrote: »
    Sweet haul. Was it you that was after a minty Minish Cap for ages?

Yes it was me, It had eluded me for long enough and for fifteen euro I made it mine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

I used to use a Pi with Rasplex on it. It was alright but a bit slow until you'd built up the cache. Switched to a Chromecast device and now flick everything from the home server or my phone to Chromecast.

Only issue I discovered recently is playback of DTS. Plex is fine with it, but Chromecast doesn't deal with it properly.

I don't want to go back to the Pi so may look at an Amazon Fire TV or a hacked NOW Roku. It's a shame as the Chromecast device is pretty much perfect. I use the Pi as a Volumio client hooked in to my NAS now. It's a little buggy from time to time, but serves it's purpose more often than not. :)

EDIT: Oh and with regards to the WD Live (of which I know nothing about tbh), it might have a similar trait to Plex under Chromecast. I had to upgrade the Plex HMS to the latest version and upgrade the Android app as the Chromecast device couldn't play back certain video or audio formats on earlier versions of the app and/or HMS. Sorted now though, aside from the aforementioned DTS issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Yes it was me, It had eluded me for long enough and for fifteen euro I made it mine.

Worth the wait, it looks to be in super condition

Myrddin wrote: »
    Worth the wait, it looks to be in super condition

Yes, there's better pictures in the original ad. All the games were complete and in similar condition.
    http://www.adverts.ie/5619414

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I tried using my new WD TV Live box there and, Lo and behold, it doesn't want to play a lot of the formats being thrown at it and see's some as audio files when they are, in fact, video :(
    I really thought the device would be the answer to my woes :(
    Should just sell it and get a Raspberry Pi with XBMC instead.

Unless there is a kind so and so who knows about these things?

Sorry for being Off topic by a couple of light years :)

I have a WD Tv live and never had any issue with it in terms of files. Although I would be firing a limited set of file types at it.

What file types you having issues with?

I have a WD Tv live and never had any issue with it in terms of files. Although I would be firing a limited set of file types at it.

What file types you having issues with?

One of them is an MP4 video file, Data rate 1082, total bit rate 1208kbps, it's SD as well.
    Another is an MKV file, and it's in HD.
    Very annoying.
    With Playon doing the heavy lifting it's fine.
    I had some issues with Plex not reading an entire library.

Are they any other, perhaps, free media server software out there instead of Plex and other paid options?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Mp4s and mkvs defo work for me. I have some 1080p dts mkvs and they work no problem.

I have my files shared over the network via Windows share although the networking in the last Firmware update is patchy.

I do have a server running as backup. I use ps3 media server.

Have you tried to play the files from usb connected directly to the player?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    One of them is an MP4 video file, Data rate 1082, total bit rate 1208kbps, it's SD as well.
    Another is an MKV file, and it's in HD.
    Very annoying.
    With Playon doing the heavy lifting it's fine.
    I had some issues with Plex not reading an entire library.

Are they any other, perhaps, free media server software out there instead of Plex and other paid options?

I've had no such issues with Plex, find it excellent to be honest. Can take a little tweaking at time, for example where it thought my "Clash of the Titans" was the recent remake instead of the original.

I've had it read too much, like where a sample video is for some reason mistaken to be an entirely different movie for some reason!!! Queue some slagging from the fiancée when she thought that I'd put Jack Ryan: Shadow Agent on and also some deplorable looking rom com.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

I've had a pi running openelec(xbmc), the library was too slow to load which was doing my head in, I ended up buying a zotac nano ad13 which is awesome, its tiny, have 60GB SSD and 4GB Ram.
    I've had trouble with the families WD TV too, playing all the new mp4/mkvs the sync goes out after a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

If anyone is using the Raspberry Pi for media, remember to run it overclocked to get the best performance possible. Going from 700Mhz to 1Ghz on this platform does make quite a difference and wont affect your warranty.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/introducing-turbo-mode-up-to-50-more-performance-for-free/

I'm running the MyMedia program from the PlayOn people, it's free.
    Seems to run everything I throw at it, not sure about the resolution though.
    I will continue my investigations!

Anyone getting Tomodachi Life by the way?
    It's out tomorrow I believe.
    I just can't splash out any more money, too much bought over the last while, have to cool it a bit!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Got a PS3 haul today and 4 PS1 games but I'm too lazy to post them.

Can someone give me a poke with a pointed stick?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

waveform wrote: »
    Got a PS3 haul today and 4 PS1 games but I'm too lazy to post them.

Can someone give me a poke with a pointed stick?

Poke..... :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,783 ✭✭✭eddhorse

In relation to the WD Live, you might need a firmware update.

Yeah, did that when I plugged it in, no dice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Picking up a mega ps1 hall tomorrow, ill post once I have em in my hand xD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

pdbhp wrote: »
    Poke..... :)

As soon as a I read that I got up reluctantly and said "Ah f*ck it anyway!"

Here's today's haul from a really nice adverts seller I dealt with before:

309779.JPG

Time Crisis Razing Storm includes all 3 games compatible with the Guncon 3 - Time Crisis 4 (Arcade) and Deadstorm Pirates which looks like a very fun Railshooter.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Limited Edition is new and sealed inside, it won't stay sealed for long though! ;)

309780.JPG

309781.JPG

Baby Universe is a quirky visualizer for Audio CDs. Going to play some Boards of Canada with it, who have used a kaleidoscope effect in some of their videos and album art, so should go well with it. :)

Colony wars Vengeance completes the trilogy for me.

And Worlds Scariest's police chases was such a fun late PS1 driver & shooter, can't wait to play that again!

7 of the PS3 games in the last 2 pics have reprinted covers as was stated upfront, but include original discs and manuals and were only a fiver each.

The total damage came to €140 which works out as less than €6 on average per game, so I'm well pleased that. :)

Getting more from another seller tomorrow. :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement