Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

the baby universe, hmm rarest ps1 game there, haven't seen that one 2 often.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Flaregon wrote: »
    the baby universe, hmm rarest ps1 game there, haven't seen the 2 often.

She's a bit rare alright but can be had for cheap on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BABY-UNIVERSE-PS1-PLAYSTATION-1-PS2-COMPLETE-GAME-BUY-IT-NOW-/121167121214?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item1c361f8b3e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

waveform wrote: »
    Ace Combat Assault Horizon Limited Edition [/B] is new and sealed inside, it won't stay sealed for long though! ;)

Awesome game. Is it like the XBOX veraion with an OST CD and notebook?

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Awesome game. Is it like the XBOX veraion with an OST CD and notebook?

I watched an unboxing video quickly yesterday and saw the notebook but didn't actually know there was an OST CD also!

Just had a look there and it's included!

So I'm actually stoked with that, not bad for a tenner!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

eddhorse wrote: »
    In relation to the WD Live, you might need a firmware update.

I have b rad's custom firmware installed. Defo more reliable and stable than the original.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have b rad's custom firmware installed. Defo more reliable and stable than the original.

Thanks, I google and give it a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

These arrived last night :)

DSC_0168_zpse2aabff9.jpg

I'd like to thank Sera for putting me in contact with the seller!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Wipeout on the Saturn, an interesting thing that, seeing a quintessentially Sony game on foreign hardware, poor efforts with the systems 3d capabilities as well as "lack" of transparencies made it a poor third to the PS and PC editions.
    Far more interesting was the N64 version, which was tailored to the consoles hardware, new tracks and so on. Still not perfect but different.
    Similar to Ridge Racer when it popped up on the N64.

Just picked up this lot, will post my own pictures when I get home xD .

http://www.adverts.ie/5630126

My lovely pearlescent pink DS phat arrived with the first Layton in the slot.
    Also, Tokyo Road Race, hopefully this one will work!
    Hope to be picking up a PS cart that let's you play dodgy games tomorrow as well, though my machine is already chipped, it means I can't properly test it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Two CAVE kit posters :

DSCF6191.jpgDSCF6187.jpg

Just need Esp.ra.de now :D

Is last Gen retro yet? :P

Here's todays gets as promised...

309943.JPG

And of course there isn't any point in having almost 30 games without a console to play them on:

309944.JPG

Looking especially forward to playing Far Cry 3 and GT5 for the first time, and to a lesser extent COD MW3. :P

Not a bad deal for €140. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Not the best bargain in the Great Tesco Sale of 2014, but picked up a copy of Rythym Paradise for 3 euro in Tesco Bray. Tagged as 5 or 10 on different boxes, but scanning in even lower :) Worth checking your local if you're interested, I've seen a few stray copies around and would have jumped earlier had I known the lower price (testament to Tesco bargains that a tenner seems unreasonably high :p)

Yeah, it's kind of strange to look at a game in a shelf in Gamestop or elsewhere and think "hmm, €19 for that game, seems a little steep"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Gone a little 3DS mad lately. Tidy little collection I have now although Ocarina still eludes me. :o

PXVlysG.jpg

Couple of pickups from Argos and Tescos.

ut2nQly.jpg

Both DQ's are for a trade (no profiteering going on here :P).

R4tz7of.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I picked up this cute maganetic board to make pixels with on my birthday trip to Galway, nothing else game related yet - but I did get some games on the Namco Bandai eshop sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I took a trip to Paris yesterday to visit the pop up Pokémon centre which was a little bit anti-climactic TBH. They had a very limited selection of merch and kids t-shirts only. It opened on the 4th of this month and had to close 2 days later due to the place being mobbed and had sold out of stock. Thankfully they got a little bit more stock in and it was re-opened. It was a 2 hour queue to get in and strictly limited to 1 plush per person. They did have a nice art exhibition downstairs though, but it's not a patch on the Pokémon centres in Japan.

Trip wasn't a total bust though as as well as meeting up with friends I hadn't seen in ages, we went to fnac which is like HMV but 20x better and book-off which is the same chain of stores in Japan. There's 3 in Paris, 2 which stock mostly French stuff and 1 which stocks exclusively Japanese import stuff including games. They had everything from famicom to PS4. Definitely worth a look if you're there. Anyway, my GETs!

68D45865-F741-4290-BEA5-6A56AA463DBE_zpsm99rdmuj.jpg

7B7DD306-E426-4009-9E35-2976DB970A47_zpsbmmpu6lo.jpg

1EB4F07E-5E87-4227-8DD0-D1C2C733EF2A_zpsqgtx5wyc.jpg

8543167B-7F65-473A-B0A6-7AFB896B5953_zpslvrepjdf.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

Never heard of that Taxi 2 ps1 game. Is it a PAL exclusive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Donatron wrote: »
    Never heard of that Taxi 2 ps1 game. Is it a PAL exclusive?

Neither had I. I'd say it is being a french film and all. Could possibly be a French exclusive too.

I seem to have just bought my first NTSC Vita game, Muramasa Rebirth, an enhanced remake of Muramasa for the Wii, by Vanillaware, the creators of Dragons Crown and Odin Sphere.
    Price was about 13 euro posted.
    Is that a good deal?
    What issues are there with playing US games on a EU Vita?

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I seem to have just bought my first NTSC Vita game, Muramasa Rebirth, an enhanced remake of Muramasa for the Wii, by Vanillaware, the creators of Dragons Crown and Odin Sphere.
    Is that a good deal?

Wii game is about 18 wish so I think 13 for an enhanced hand held version has to be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Is that a good deal?

DLC if any is from the US store I believe is the only issue, was a great game on the Wii.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is that a good deal?

The game was free on PS Plus up until Wednesday!

Vastly superior game to Dragons Crown. The art is truly spectacular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Picked up Goldeneye 007 for DS in Tesco for €1, Is nowhere near as good as the N64 Pierce Brosnan version, still good for a euro.

My copy of Kirby and the Amazing Mirror seems to have a persistent graphic glitch, making me think it might be a bootleg.
    After buying a jap copy to replace it from a guy on Adverts, together with 4 of the Simple series carts for the DS and a jap copy of Beatmania 2nd Mix.
    All for €20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Collected an Atari 2600 yesterday complete with some games, two joysticks and two paddle controllers. Was told it was faulty, but for forty euro considered it worth the gamble. However, after hooking it up to my TV found no issues whatsoever. Gave it a quick clean and it's turned out to be in immaculate condition, it's also a six switch woody so looks Incredible next to the PS 4 in the living room, now to get some decent games for it, first up, ET ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 730 ✭✭✭Hygro

Get yourself a copy of The Smurfs and Asterix!!

Hmmm, seems the real name of the game is "Smurf"...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Das89

Found Final Fantasy 7 for €1.50 in a charity shop in great condition....not too bad.

Damn you Tesco!
    I think I'm free then you wrap in your tendrils and drag me back in!
    Picked up the Megadrive Tee, I don't mind the dodgy cart.
    And then I bought five packets of 3000 Wii Shop points for €3 each :(
    Or should that be :)
    I'm so conflicted!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

these wii points, are they kept with the gift cards, itunes vouchers etc, or with the games?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement