Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

pdbhp wrote: »
    You can use your existing NNID providing you ave one.
    It should just give you the option to update from where you are in the registration menu, at least thats what happened to me but I already had mine set up and was retrospectively adding my NNID

Yeah I put in my NNID details but it just came back with an error saying I needed to do a system update to avail of online features.

Looked like I was forced in to creating a new user but I managed to transfer my Mii from the 3DS. That got me past it. Running updates now will then connect up the NNID. Long gone are the days of popping in a game cartridge and just pressing the power button. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Yeah I put in my NNID details but it just came back with an error saying I needed to do a system update to avail of online features.

Looked like I was forced in to creating a new user but I managed to transfer my Mii from the 3DS. That got me past it. Running updates now will then connect up the NNID. Long gone are the days of popping in a game cartridge and just pressing the power button. :D

It wasn't all just popping in cartridges, my old tv in my parents had to be fiddled with constantly to keep the console tuned in, it was a pain in the hole.
    At least with handhelds it was always properly straightforward, if you couldn't figure out how to get the cartridge into a Gameboy you didn't deserve to be gaming.

We're probably lucky with the Wii U, just imagine how hard it would be on the PS4 or the Xbone to log into the account.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Have a great time with Super Mario 3D World by the way, it really is sublime.
    And the DK game on Nintendoland is a worthy game in and of itself.
    MK8 will make you grin like an eejit, promise

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Have a great time with Super Mario 3D World by the way, it really is sublime.
    And the DK game on Nintendoland is a worthy game in and of itself.
    MK8 will make you grin like an eejit, promise

Glorious game 3D is alright. Was just testing out how it plays in another room via the gamepad, a little jumpy now and then but pretty good overall.

All I've seen of Nintendoland is that Chase game so looking forward to playing that with the gang here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

I just downloaded pikmin 3 that I got free with mario kart 8. not played a pikmin game yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Took a spin to a local cex as I saw they had pokemon dash In stock which I'd been looking for. Picked up some other stuff too

17753641-DE34-48D0-B7A6-A7595888D49F_zpsizczvmpn.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Picked up a ps2 guitar hero guitar (wired) in CEX earlier as I lost the adapter for my wireless one (nothing but a fancy prop now). Grabbed some cheap ps2 dancing game and a buzz quiz off the shelf while I was there.

Wandered past Rage on the way home and they were clearing old stock into a free stuff bucket out front so I got some crappy snes carts, three random cheap Saturn titles, a few third party snes controllers and Madden 08 for psp.

Fairly ok for a total spend of twelve Euro today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

A little late to the Wii-U party but better late than never I guess. Was going to wait until later in the year but didn't want to miss the Mario & Luigi bundle.

Gamestop have an offer when buying any Wii-U bundle you can get any other 1 game for €40, so nabbed 3D World. They also have a Summer Sale deal, buy any Wii-U console and get two free games from the following: Wind Waker, Fifa, Sonic Racing and Nintendoland. Went with Zelda and Nintyland.

I'm not actually sure the Summar Sale deal is supposed to work with bundles but the lads in the shop put them through anyway, fair play to them. Nabbed a Pro controller while I was there as I needed a 4th controller. Just need to get MK8 from Amazon and Pikmin 3 with it and that'll be it for the time being. Happy out. :)

nTzGPww.jpg

I am so jealous!

You're so lucky! :pac:

Really hope I can get this offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Took a spin to a local cex as I saw they had pokemon dash In stock which I'd been looking for. Picked up some other stuff too

Grrrr, been looking for the original State of Emergency in CeX recently (we probably share the same local), would have taken that had I seen it.

Grrrr, been looking for the original State of Emergency in CeX recently (we probably share the same local), would have taken that had I seen it.

That's state of emergency 2. I may have a disc only copy of the first one on xbox if you're looking for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A little late to the Wii-U party but better late than never I guess. Was going to wait until later in the year but didn't want to miss the Mario & Luigi bundle.

Gamestop have an offer when buying any Wii-U bundle you can get any other 1 game for €40, so nabbed 3D World. They also have a Summer Sale deal, buy any Wii-U console and get two free games from the following: Wind Waker, Fifa, Sonic Racing and Nintendoland. Went with Zelda and Nintyland.

I'm not actually sure the Summar Sale deal is supposed to work with bundles but the lads in the shop put them through anyway, fair play to them. Nabbed a Pro controller while I was there as I needed a 4th controller. Just need to get MK8 from Amazon and Pikmin 3 with it and that'll be it for the time being. Happy out. :)

nTzGPww.jpg

How much did it work out as Andrew76?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

This ^^

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    How much did it work out as Andrew76?

€290 - Mario & Luigi bundle.
    €40 - 3D World (you can pick any game, I'm getting MK8 from Amazon as I wanted 3D straight away)
    Free - Zelda & Nintendo Land (some folk are getting refused these with a bundle)

€50 - Pro Controller

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Just received this http://www.ebay.ie/itm/200878511728?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It has to be the worst printed piece of crap I've seen. The refunded me within minutes of the complaint though.

Pity I dont remember buying it even :confused::pac:

i ordered some pinball decals from a pin shop in germany about two weeks ago.
    they were 11 quid.
    they were so bad I couldn't use any of them,
    the decal i wanted was even cut off buy 3/4 mm on one side and they werent even cut out.
    just laser printed on a sheet of sticker paper.
    Had to post them back for a refund.
    The neck on some people

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Pickedup Twisted Metal and Kane & Lynch Dead men in gamestop yesterday for the PS3 but forgot to take a pic.

I only got to play Twisted Metal for about 20 mins besides the tutorial and I have to say it was really fun.

The controls are awesome, and theres actually too many weapons and vehicle controls in the game!

So it will take a while to master them, but makes the game a lot more deep!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Muramasa Rebirth arrived this morning, and very very nice it is too.
    The whole lot, Princess Crown, Odin Sphere, Muramasa and Dragons Crown really feel like one series of games, with pretty much the same mechanics running through the lot.
    I'm going to "find" an english translation of Princess Crown and give it a blast on the modded Saturn, I have played a little bit on the PSP version and it's nice, though the port is exceptionally lazy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

€290 - Mario & Luigi bundle.
    €40 - 3D World (you can pick any game, I'm getting MK8 from Amazon as I wanted 3D straight away)
    Free - Zelda & Nintendo Land (some folk are getting refused these with a bundle)

€50 - Pro Controller

Technically couldn't you get the Mario Kart 8 bundle outright and the use the download code for Super Mario Bros U

Technically couldn't you get the Mario Kart 8 bundle outright and the use the download code for Super Mario Bros U

He has already he's getting Pikmin as his free game.
    Anyway you look at it it's a good deal.

Yes you could. I didn't because I wanted Mario U + Luigi U + 3D World + Nintendo Land as cheap as I could find. So I got all of them & Zelda for the bundle price + €40 (€330).

Mario Kart 8 is last on the list priority wise for this household anyway so it could wait. It's also slighty cheaper on Amazon + Parcel Motel than buying full price in store (seeing as I went for different bundles/deals). Also wanted to use the free download for Pikmin 3. Felt like I was trying to solve a puzzle at one point tbh! :pac:

• Advertisement

The combined Mario U and Luigi U disk looks like it's going to be worth a few bob.
    It's already one of the most expensive preowned games as it hasn't gotten a standalone release, as a combo.
    So it may well be one of those games that goes on to be worth quite a lot indeed.
    Luigi U is an absolute b@stard though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

It's ****ing glorious. Enemy placement in sometimes hilarious in its cruelty, just in case anyone thinks they can transplant their NSMB tricks wholesale.

Revisiting DKC: TF to 100% it and discovered the Bopopolis level, which is one of those that remind you just why you play games; it's hard as a copper's heart, but so fair and so satisfying when you clock it.

The combined Mario U and Luigi U disk looks like it's going to be worth a few bob.
    It's already one of the most expensive preowned games as it hasn't gotten a standalone release, as a combo.
    So it may well be one of those games that goes on to be worth quite a lot indeed.

Looking forward to tackling Luigi U at some stage. 3D World and Mario U first though. Christ, getting all the green stars and the gold flag is addictive as hell in 3D World. Irritating not getting them first time in a level. :D
    Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    It's ****ing glorious. Enemy placement in sometimes hilarious in its cruelty, just in case anyone thinks they can transplant their NSMB tricks wholesale.

Revisiting DKC: TF to 100% it and discovered the Bopopolis level, which is one of those that remind you just why you play games; it's hard as a copper's heart, but so fair and so satisfying when you clock it.

How does Tropical Freeze compare to Returns on the Wii - just as good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

safetyboy wrote: »
    Just received this http://www.ebay.ie/itm/200878511728?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It has to be the worst printed piece of crap I've seen. The refunded me within minutes of the complaint though.

Pity I dont remember buying it even :confused::pac:

He grabs flyers from http://flyers.arcade-museum.com/, inflates them to A3 and then prints them on cheap paper, he already sold a ton of them .
    Easy money !!

Looking forward to tackling Luigi U at some stage. 3D World and Mario U first though. Christ, getting all the green stars and the gold flag is addictive as hell in 3D World. Irritating not getting them first time in a level. :D

How does Tropical Freeze compare to Returns on the Wii - just as good?

Looks miles better on the Wii U of course, plays the same.
    Game is stupid hard in places, like controller smashingly hard.
    Fun game though good laugh in co-op also.

Still need to go back and complete the last levels as it got me so frustrated I rage quit (that was over a month ago :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'd rate Tropical Freeze an A- to Returns' A. Retro seem to have overlistened to the audience in terms of the lack of water levels in DKCR. They're back in Freeze, but overstay their welcome in terms of bringing to pace down ever so slightly. There's one in the last 10% of the game that isn't so much difficult as it is awkward and outright tedious in its punish for dying. Gets bonus points for jettisoning Returns' already minimal motion controls.

When will the tesco madness end.

F62856D9-F7A4-432C-8A2F-348485E1EA59_zpsbvkkgir3.jpg

Pokemon Black for €3, I want me some of that.
    What Tesco you get it in?

No, no more damn Tesco gaming goodness!
    I have more than I can play as it stands, no more dear god, no more!

• Advertisement

Dundrum, 'twas the only copy. I'm probably going to blast through it, pillage the pokemon for my copy of X and then I'll stick it up for trade/sale here.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement