Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Dundrum, 'twas the only copy. I'm probably going to blast through it, pillage the pokemon for my copy of X and then I'll stick it up for trade/sale here.

Dammit, looks like I'll have to trawl through some Tescos tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Couldnt resist these 5 in Cex today, I think i may have an addiction! :/

310789.jpg

I'm too burned out to resize the pic so just be glad i posted it at all! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

So stumbled across this thread, got chatting to Atavan about some Gameboy Advance SP 101 goodness, just ordered one there... God damit. Will post pics when it arrives from MERICA. I don't even have many GBA/GBC games. Damn you all :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Metroid Zero mission is a decent place to start :) Not quite in the same mould as super metroid but still a very enjoyable game

Links awakening DX would be one of my fave gameboy colour games, full of magic and charm

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

marko93 wrote: »
    So stumbled across this thread, got chatting to Atavan about some Gameboy Advance SP 101 goodness, just ordered one there... God damit. Will post pics when it arrives from MERICA. I don't even have many GBA/GBC games. Damn you all :o

The AGS:101, truly a god amongst consoles.
    Everything looks better on it, from ancient Gameboy releases to more recent GBA titles.
    If you are importing, Wario Ware Twisted is a nice one to pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Donatron

Been meaning to try pick one up. Has anyone here had experience with the GameBoy Advance to SNES adapter? (called the 'SuperRetro Advance' I think). How does it compare to the gameboy player on the gamecube?

There are a load of handheld games I love but I always end up wanting to play them on a big screen!

nuxxx wrote: »
    Metroid Zero mission is a decent place to start :) Not quite in the same mould as super metroid but still a very enjoyable game

Links awakening DX would be one of my fave gameboy colour games, full of magic and charm
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    The AGS:101, truly a god amongst consoles.
    Everything looks better on it, from ancient Gameboy releases to more recent GBA titles.
    If you are importing, Wario Ware Twisted is a nice one to pick up.

I'll keep an eye out for the Metro games. I had Fusion a long time back but I don't know if it's in the attic or long since gone. If I'm right theres a collection of games in the attic that I had, if I'm wrong, my mother binned them or gave them to a charity shop.

The SP might need a re-housing and a clean. What would be the best way to clean the case and board, alcohol on a q-tip?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

If you see Zero Mission going reasonable, hop on it. It seems to be heading upward in price month-to-month having held steady for a long while.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'll keep an eye out for the Metro games. I had Fusion a long time back but I don't know if it's in the attic or long since gone. If I'm right theres a collection of games in the attic that I had, if I'm wrong, my mother binned them or gave them to a charity shop.

The SP might need a re-housing and a clean. What would be the best way to clean the case and board, alcohol on a q-tip?

You can pick up a new casing easy enough, though the quality can be hit and miss. I'm happier to have a perfect screen but worn everything else, maybe refresh the button contacts if required. Worn casing = Loved Gameboy!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Michigan on PS2 arrived from France since I've been away. Have nothing to take a picture of it with though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Michigan on PS2 arrived from France since I've been away. Have nothing to take a picture of it with though!

Lucky lol , trade yah for it. Joke *shifty eyes*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

aJYu3TB.jpg
    y9Snweu.jpg
    QtrUYwH.jpg
    f9Kq6ph.jpg

Today' get:

310884.JPG

€35 in gamestop new.
    This is my first time buying a new game from a store for the previous gen consoles!

Bought it solely because I wanted to play Blood Dragon the minute I got home, and because I never finished Far Cry 1.
    I finished Far Cry 2 but this is handy to have so I can go back to it again!

And also, I thought it might make a nice collectors item a few years down the line....

....that is until I realized when I got him that Blood Dragon and Far Cry 1 weren't appearing on the PS3 screen.
    Turns out they're digital downloads with codes provided in the manual, so that ruins the collectors value. :(

The guy in gamestop was real nice, and suggested just buying the Digital Version of Blood Dragon to save money!

So despite that little let down, can't wait to play it!

And for people that don't know, Blood Dragon is an entirely different Far Cry game that uses the Far Cry 3 engine, a spin off if you will.

Anybody who grew up in the 80's, or love futuristic 80's movie or love's 80's style music needs to play this game!

Check out the awesome trailer with has 80's style animation, and gameplay towards the end of the video:

The best thing about the game is probably the soundtrack.
    Full of atmospheric, 80's synth goodness!

There was a double vinyl pressing released in April limited to 1000 copies, and is worth at least £50 now (I think!).

One of the Arcade and Retro regulars bought it he liked the album cover so much.

Who was that again lads?

Something weird has happened.
    Just a little flashing lights on the WiiU touchpad.
    Then a quick press later I'm informed I have a free gift from Nintendo console consisting of a free copy of Brain Training, the DS version, released via the VC!
    I have it running here, with the touchpad split in two, acting as the pair of DS screens.
    Unexpected doesn't cover it.
    I'd no idea DS games were being added to the VC on the WiiU, brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

eqkJhge.jpg

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    f9Kq6ph.jpg

Where did you get that? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Woah, **** gotta hop on that. How long do they hold for? I wouldn't be able to get down tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Woah, **** gotta hop on that. How long do they hold for? I wouldn't be able to get down tomorrow?

If you reserve one it'll be held until closing time the next day.

• Advertisement

Damn you Tesco, you did it again!
    Ghost Recon on the 3ds was only a fiver!
    And Duke Forever was three euro, I know, I think about the crisps I could have bought with that and it would have been better value for money but, hey, what can I say.
    Now Tesco, for globs sake, stop now!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Damn you Tesco, you did it again!
    Ghost Recon on the 3ds was only a fiver!

Which Tesco was that?

Just got a free €5 of credit on my Eshop account, as a result of the Nintendo Network Premium promotion.
    It tots up your Eshop purchases and conjures points and these add up to grant you periodical Eshop voucher codes.
    So, if you've got a lot of purchases and haven't gone through this thing you're missing out!
    I can't link from here but just Google Nintendo Network Premium and you'll find it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

088b5078e31546dbc603f0ae89323154.png

Couldn't resist the Keyboard! Found the Zelda game in CeX for 12 quid, no idea if that's a decent price (club code is also unused) but never played a Zelda game before so decided to give it a bash.

33behsh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

Copping on saturday :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:
    Got a big stack of ps2 games along with Street fighter EX+A & The original TEKKEN of a mate too.

tumblr_n75xtjjIVd1tt0qkeo1_1280.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

waveform wrote: »

The best thing about the game is probably the soundtrack.
    Full of atmospheric, 80's synth goodness!

There was a double vinyl pressing released in April limited to 1000 copies, and is worth at least £50 now (I think!).

One of the Arcade and Retro regulars bought it he liked the album cover so much.

Who was that again lads?

Two of us grabbed the vinyl, both in Waterford I think :D I cracked when i seen the post and had to pull the trigger myself. Its lovely and was without a diubt worth grabbing. Its been a slippery (but enjoyable) vinyl covered slope since then. You'd be looking at €60+ easily to get a copy now, think there was one around that on discogs, and people being silly on eBay.

Would love a pressing of power gloves other stuff and will buy without hesitation. Motorcycle cop, streets of 2045 on vinyl.... Mmmmmmm

Picked up a copy of m.o.o.n particles last week and will snatch and grab his next ep as soon as its out. He recently announced the repressing of his first ep too. Most here would recognise it straight away as the hotline Miami soundtracks first few levels.

Perturbator (amazing carpenteresqe synthness) also just had an instant sellout of his first vinyl release, which I missed. Good news is his past EPs are being pressed over the year. A lot of people would recognise Miami Disco from hotline Miami, that game really had some serious tracks on it.

Kind of strange how I'm so obsessed with these slabs of music. There's something great about finding something like The Escape From New York soundtrack whilst flicking through a pile of records in a shop and bringing it home that a download can never replace.

That was quite the rant :pac: (tried to make it a little more readable) I may be a little drunk ha ha

Danonino. wrote: »
    Would love a pressing of power gloves other stuff and will buy without hesitation. Motorcycle cop, streets of 2045 on vinyl.... Mmmmmmm
    I think safetyboy posted some of his other tracks on fb before, but I never followed the artist closely, will check them out.
    Kind of strange how I'm so obsessed with these slabs of music. There's something great about finding something like The Escape From New York soundtrack whilst flicking through a pile of records in a shop and bringing it home that a download can never replace.

Theres a great italo / club version of The Escape the Escape from New York theme, and Assault on Prescinct 13 too, love them along with the originals! :)

Can't find the club version of Escape from new york on youtube. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Two of us grabbed the vinyl, both in Waterford I think :D I cracked when i seen the post and had to pull the trigger myself. Its lovely and was without a diubt worth grabbing. Its been a slippery (but enjoyable) vinyl covered slope since then. You'd be looking at €60+ easily to get a copy now, think there was one around that on discogs, and people being silly on eBay.

Picked up a copy of m.o.o.n particles last week and will snatch and grab his next ep as soon as its out. He recently announced the repressing of his first ep too. Most here would recognise it straight away as the hotline Miami soundtracks first few levels.

Perturbator (amazing carpenteresqe synthness) also just had an instant sellout of his first vinyl release, which I missed. Good news is his past EPs are being pressed over the year. A lot of people would recognise Miami Disco from hotline Miami, that game really had some serious tracks on it.

That was quite the rant :pac: (tried to make it a little more readable) I may be a little drunk ha ha

Twas myself who got it aswell!

Yeah vinyl is a really slippery slope. I ****ing love Power Glove and wished they would put some stuff out on vinyl

Big into the who New Retro Synth stuff, check it out

That sure beats listening to **** xfactor or some plop with a guitar singing about drinking cider

Anyone into it aswell keep an eye on mondo, they release some seriously good osts on vinyl. There's a load of cool little sites producing limited runs of OST's and albums so anyone who likes it well worth keeping an eye out

http://www.mondotees.com/VINYL_c_19.html

Not much there at the moment but look at this stuff that they had out
    tales-from-the-crypt2-661x400.png

HalloweenCarpenterVinylMondfull01.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

That Tales from the Crypt sleeve/vinyl design is absolutely brilliant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement