Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I love Elfman stuff, especially the earlier gear, I have Batman Returns, Scissorhands, Music from a Darkened Theatre, Beetlejuice (had it on vinyl originally, no idea where it went!), Nightmare Before Christmas and Mars Attacks.
    Good glob I used to buy a lot of orchestral soundtracks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

marko93 wrote: »

Absolutely love the ticket table under the glass idea. Must do that myself.

Picked up a boxed F-Zero for GBA in perfect nick with all the bits at the weekend, looks like it's never been played.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I love Elfman stuff, especially the earlier gear, I have Batman Returns, Scissorhands, Music from a Darkened Theatre, Beetlejuice (had it on vinyl originally, no idea where it went!), Nightmare Before Christmas and Mars Attacks.
    Good glob I used to buy a lot of orchestral soundtracks!

Ever listen to his band Oingo Boingo?

If not, pick up the best of album 'Skeletons in the Closet'

Everyone probably knows their song 'Little Girls' due to the crazy subject matter, but there are lots of great tracks on that album.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Ron DMC wrote: »
    Absolutely love the ticket table under the glass idea. Must do that myself.

That's my bigger cabinet, the matching desk from Ikea I have actually has a lot more. When it's organised it actually looks pretty cool

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up Resident Evil Deadly Silence for a fiver in Gamestop. Not too bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

To open or not to open

tumblr_n79nw88aDH1tt0qkeo1_1280.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

In keeping with the tradition of this thread I'll be collecting something rather special in a few hours :D

So what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

In keeping with the tradition of this thread I'll be collecting something rather special in a few hours :D

So what is it?

Hyper NeoGeo-64 cab.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Ever listen to his band Oingo Boingo?

If not, pick up the best of album 'Skeletons in the Closet'

Everyone probably knows their song 'Little Girls' due to the crazy subject matter, but there are lots of great tracks on that album.

I came across them back in the day, they have a song on the Ghostbusters 2 soundtrack

and Weird Science.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

So, if you've got a lot of purchases and haven't gone through this thing you're missing out!
    I can't link from here but just Google Nintendo Network Premium and you'll find it.
    Is it only for Wii u or does it include 3DS?

• Advertisement

Sera wrote: »
    Is it only for Wii u or does it include 3DS?

Wii U only :(

Oh Yea!!!!
    Bout time too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Wii U only :(
    Boo! ( ; n ; )

Got myself a pinball!

20140616_214030_zpsmyb3hbnq.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,961 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Got myself a pinball!

You should have removed the price tag. €1? That's a real bargain. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Wasn't expecting that! :eek:

Nice one - where'd you source it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Got both of the Star Wars storyboard books today. The prequel $h1te one has been out a while I think but the original movies book only came out recently.
    I've not even opened the new movies book yet.

ndcln.jpgjszv.jpg
    9pmw0.jpgr8xw.jpg

o1s1n wrote: »
    Wasn't expecting that! :eek:

Nice one - where'd you source it?

From an arcade in Tramore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Got myself a pinball!

Plugged out?
    Sick of it already:eek:

Nope, just that game of thrones was on :D

• Advertisement

Welcome to the big boys league Jack ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Got myself a pinball!

Ah no way. Deadly, this sucked a few Quid's of me a few times. Nice one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Got this today for a ridiculous bargain price, still sealed in the original shipping box too. :)

94BGxSK.jpg

Got this on Friday:

MCRKtnt.jpg

So just Hyrule Historia to get now I think...

Ah yes your the culprit. I had completely forgotten how badly I wanted these until I saw your post last week. Bank balance just took another hit thanks to you!

Went way overboard this month, but got quite a few interesting items. I will slap up some picks when they start to trickle in. You know so that I can remind someone else to part with their hard earned cash, pay it forward if you will.

Dam my favourite/most dangerous thread on boards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

Good work! :D

I got Hyrule Historia last week so I think I have all of the hardback editions now? Unless there is one for A Link To The Past?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

STG.Otaku wrote: »
    Good work! :D

I got Hyrule Historia last week so I think I have all of the hardback editions now? Unless there is one for A Link To The Past?

Yeah I have the Historia myself, a real thing of beauty. I actually went looking for one for a link to the past but doesn't look like it exists I am afraid.

I have been after Infinite Space on the DS for a while now.
    But whenever I look online it tends to be pricy, boxed it typically runs at 30/40 or more, with cart only coming in around 20.
    That said the nice guys on the Nintendo forum found one for me for about 18 shipped.
    Anywho...
    I rang around a few Gamestop branches yesterday on spec, just in case someone had a copy, their online Portal suggested they'd never heard of it.
    Lo and behold GS in Blanchardstown had one, they agreed to hold it and I picked it up half an hour ago, in perfect nick and only €4.99!
    I'm pretty pleased with myself now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Picked up a carry case for the sfc, worked out at 18.50 with delivery from Japan. Always wanted one, just don't know exactly when I'm going to use it.

6db1aa19-fc1c-4301-80ed-c3043004191d_zps99784333.jpg

Also have a copy of ICO winging its way over to a Parcel Motel locker.

ico_zps2248088c.jpg?t=1402942793

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I have been after Infinite Space on the DS for a while now.
    But whenever I look online it tends to be pricy, boxed it typically runs at 30/40 or more, with cart only coming in around 20.
    That said the nice guys on the Nintendo forum found one for me for about 18 shipped.
    Anywho...
    I rang around a few Gamestop branches yesterday on spec, just in case someone had a copy, their online Portal suggested they'd never heard of it.
    Lo and behold GS in Blanchardstown had one, they agreed to hold it and I picked it up half an hour ago, in perfect nick and only €4.99!
    I'm pretty pleased with myself now!

Enjoy playing the tutorial, enjoying it, and then realising you haven't a notion what's going on afterwards :pac: (that being my impression of the brief time I spent with Infinite Space - I'm sure there's a great game there if you have the requisite dozens upon dozens of hours!)

Enjoy playing the tutorial, enjoying it, and then realising you haven't a notion what's going on afterwards :pac: (that being my impression of the brief time I spent with Infinite Space - I'm sure there's a great game there if you have the requisite dozens upon dozens of hours!)

Bugger.

Still, it was 5 euro and is normally around 30 or 40 so I can't complain too much.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,619 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Bugger.

Still, it was 5 euro and is normally around 30 or 40 so I can't complain too much.

Don't get me wrong, still well worth owning and a likely rarity and cult classic in years to come. But to get the most out of it you'll need a **** load of time and a willingness to dive into its unforgiving, deep systems!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement