Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

This arrived today. :D

ii0B03eWoH54E.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Monopoly booster pack?

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Monopoly booster pack?

Close! Magic: The Gathering (Shogun Total War Edition). :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Waited ages since the seller went on holiday or something I dunno, anyway I got these today
    2012-07-05+21.15.08+-+Copy.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Did you get a USB HD yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Did you get a USB HD yet?
    one of the Pauls was meant to sort me out, I'll try ask again tomorrow

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Got the bestest controller in the WORLD today from a nice bloke on adverts!
    th_IMG_20120705_214251.jpg

Also weird motion control PS2 system thing in gamestop for 4 quid new.
    th_IMG_20120705_214534.jpg
    Weighs a ton..except, despite being marked as new, some f£$ker has taken the gamedisk out ...FERK YOU GAMESTOP SWORDS for not checking your games before putting them out .(before any smart arse says it , the game box was inside a closed second cardboard box so I didnt think I needed to check it myself), I'll give them a buzz tommorrow to see if they have it , and I'm getting an iso of it at the mo' (hey I paid for the bloody thing , that should make it legals).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have the game, it's pants.
    There is an easy to find golf game for it, it's pretty good, for a golf game.
    The good thing is the golf game that came with the peripheral is only packaged with the peripheral, but the updated version of the game is handy to pick up, or should be.
    It's very accurate as well.
    This is how we did things before Wiimotes and Kinects!
    It's all spools of cord and potentiometers!
    But it works!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Pyongyang wrote: »
    This arrived today. :D

ten thousand yen, me love you long time :pac:

Pick us up a copy of Gal Gun for 'research' purposes.

• Advertisement

Pick us up a copy of Gal Gun for 'research' purposes.

Alas I cannot. This is going in the suitcase. :D

img_144577_717854_0?1301774190

ten thousand yen, me love you long time :pac:

moneycount.jpg
    SteveSI yesterday Source: File photo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Doesn't he do his money counting in his counting house, out behind his mountain lodge?
    O1s1n does his in his pantry!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Pyongyang wrote: »
    moneycount.jpg
    SteveSI yesterday Source: File photo

No, that's a pic of the head or Ulster Bank Ireland counting his bonus.

Right, now I'm off to breakfast and then on to Super potato and a few others and a trip to Hey to be embarrassed by my lack of gaming skills. Then on to check out those candy cabs and see what the story is. Them I'll be shipping my days purchases home and wandering around for hours in Akiba as usual.

englishakihabaramap.jpg

akihabaramap1.jpg

Nice! I've been looking for that map for ages, thanks a mil! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Jaguar CD - working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Collected this yesterday. Have to say this CD is like new, and I have made a solemn promise that I will look after this item.
    The box is @ 9/10 slightly faded, and the rest is 10/10. Still has the orginal bag on the system, Manuals are in perfect condition and are the games.....Very happy with this.:D....Thanks Man.....;)

http://www.adverts.ie/1827485

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Jaguar CD - working.

Are you looking or do you have one ?????:confused: or have I missed the plot completely.....:pac:

Are you looking or do you have one ?????:confused: or have I missed the plot completely.....:pac:

Got one on route, wish parcelforce would update the tracking info a bit more frequently though :)

If it does ever break then replacing the laser is very easy. There's a good youtube tutorial and it's the same one I referenced when I fixed my CDi, it's pretty much the same thing.

• Advertisement

If it does ever break then replacing the laser is very easy. There's a good youtube tutorial and it's the same one I referenced when I fixed my CDi, it's pretty much the same thing.

Don't expect it will get a huge amount of use to be honest but would like to keep it working all the same.

Fixed a CDi ? Missed those Zelda cartoons that much eh :D

I got shot of my promo copy of Battlefield 3, surprisingly hard to do, as it happens.
    HMV and Smyths didn't want it but Gamestop gave me 11 for it.
    I picked up Vanquish and the recent franchise reboot of Medal of Honor, a tenner each.
    Also a copy of True Grit, new version, for 3.99, which is nice!

Fixed a CDi ? Missed those Zelda cartoons that much eh :D

The first two Zelda games are the best thing about the machine... doesn't really say much for it.

OK, 1 and a bit days to go before I leave for Nihon and a stack of GET! action arrived today! One of these items I've been after for a LONG time. :)

1. Gunlord [SEGA Dreamcast, Region Free, BNIB]
    Released on the Dreamcast last week and MVS/AES a couple of months ago. The awesome Turrican inspired... Gunlord.

ibn8oUdRoGsXDQ.jpg

2. Fast Striker [SEGA Dreamcast, Region Free, BNIB]
    Part of the NGDEV series of games. This is an excellent danmaku SHMUP that you'll find me at #7 on the World Leaderboards for Omake mode (on iPod and acheived on New Years Day in Doolin with a raging hangover). Now I can go for the Dreamcast scores hopefully!

ibppYlFjSQdD6l.jpg

3. Last Hope: Pink Bullets [SEGA Dreamcast, Region Free, BNIB]
    My blog is named after this game, so yes, I like it. A lot. :)

itXVS4e7iGkfD.jpg

4. Last Hope OST [CDA, BNIB]
    Awesome game with an awesome soundtrack. What's great about this OST is you get the original OST plus the arrange mixes. Lovely stuff and a welcome addition to my SHMUP OST collection.

i9F2iHsb6EyMn.jpg

5. Arcadia [December 2010 issue, BNIB]
    I only wanted this for the Zuntata Darius Burst Another Chronicle OST CD included free with the magazine. Even the CD sells for a silly amount of money without the magazine. I've been after this for an eternity and finally landed a clean, brand new, unused copy of the magazine complete of course with a sealed CD. This, is sheer heaven. Delighted to have this in my Darius collection at last. It will be playing on the approach to Narita on Monday. :o

iR759vEXrrrcy.jpg
    iIygprMcadW93.jpg
    in4CgUApeCpfv.jpg
    izymu3xmubIy7.jpg

Finally, here's the NGDEV complete catalog of games all piled together. :)

iLopMR7EUi92T.jpg

In a final twist to my last day at work before the hollybobs today, a great friend and co-worker popped in to my office this morning and out of nowhere handed me ¥7000. Got to love that. :)

Nihon here I come! #Japan2012

Was a busy day yesterday. Grabbed a good few hundred games in Super Potato so way to many to list buts it's a mix of famicom, super famicom and Saturn games with a small mix of other consoles. Also picked up a job lot of famicom consoles from a private seller that were priced really well and only a few of them have yellowing.
    All of the stuff already on the way home to Ireland thanks to my fixer over here.

Now, today I'm hoping to get to meet with the candy cab seller and see if we can sort out some arrangement as he's been messing me around for months via email and I hope another face to face will be all that's needed.
    He's a very strange man and no mistake.

Now, breakfast and a friend is bringing me to a maid cafe later which should be an experience!!! Apparently this cafe offers a lot of options like playing video games with the maids as well as ear cleaning service, WFT Japan!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

mad-jealous-meme.jpg

Well I was feeling good after my 2 little things arrived today but thanks Steve SI for completely making me feel horrible and vomiting with rage

Anyway, these 2 arrvied today

Nice little plush, because Adventure Time is amazing, thanks to Sera for putting me onto it
    IMG_20120706_222227.jpg

And THE POWER GLOVE! Huge thanks to Waveform for sending me a link to an ebayer with very decent shipping rates to Ireland. Thanks so much, been wanting one of these for ages and so hard to get them at a decent price with shipping

IMG_20120706_222142.jpg

Came with the sensors and is fully working.....

...its so bad!

Sorry about sh1t quality pics aswell, uploaded from my phone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Steve SI wrote: »
    Was a busy day yesterday. Grabbed a good few hundred games in Super Potato so way to many to list buts it's a mix !

spock.gif

Can you get a left and right hand power glove?
    Two gloves and a cape would be the business come Halloween time :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Saw one of these (monitors) go for good money on eBay today (about £45) so naturally I found another one which is on its way to my house :D
    rm.jpg?w=287

• Advertisement

Saw one of these (monitors) go for good money on eBay today (about £45) so naturally I found another one which is on its way to my house :D
    rm.jpg?w=287

Dale, I gotta ask. Do you collect/play consoles and games as well as old computer systems?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement