Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Nope, just that game of thrones was on :D

Looks awesome, just watched this, this guys pretty annoying, he's also got my machine too

I want,
    That guy is annoying alright.
    but he does some informative vids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah he knows his stuff but hes irritating.

Didnt have time to take any pics tonight but I had a few games and it really is a balls hard game!

Have to order up some bits, rubbers, bulbs (so many of them out) and cleaning stuff. Going to just get a LED kit for it id sa

I'll make a list of whatever plastics I need aswell

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So the guy who sold me that Sony BVM got back and that said Parcelforce refuse to refund as 'monitors aren't included under their insurance policy' - apparently it's actually mentioned in their terms and conditions.

So if you're ever going to get a CRT shipped internationally, avoid them like the plague.

Thankfully the seller was a really nice guy and refunded me 100% anyway.

Still waiting to hear from Parcel Motel. I've a feeling they may come back again with the same no CRT policy but might give me a refund on some of their charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

o1s1n wrote: »
    So the guy who sold me that Sony BVM got back and that said Parcelforce refuse to refund as 'monitors aren't included under their insurance policy' - apparently it's actually mentioned in their terms and conditions.

So if you're ever going to get a CRT shipped internationally, avoid them like the plague.

Thankfully the seller was a really nice guy and refunded me 100% anyway.

Still waiting to hear from Parcel Motel. I've a feeling they may come back again with the same no CRT policy but might give me a refund on some of their charges.

That's good to know about parcel force. Thanks.
    You're like our CRT Canary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

On a sort of side note.
    I don't think I've gotten a medium or large box in parcel motel in the last few months that wasn't bashed in or damaged in some very visible way!
    So far nothing inside the boxes has been damaged but it's only a matter of time I think :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Steve SI wrote: »
    On a sort of side note.
    I don't think I've gotten a medium or large box in parcel motel in the last few months that wasn't bashed in or damaged in some very visible way!
    So far nothing inside the boxes has been damaged but it's only a matter of time I think :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's good to know about parcel force. Thanks.
    You're like our CRT Canary.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's also mentioned in the terms and conditions for other couriers.

Really frustrating, I thought Parcel Motel was finally our solution to importing fancy CRTs for cheap :(
    Steve SI wrote: »
    On a sort of side note.

The 9 inch monitor I got through them (which works fine) had a lot of damage to the box. What do they be doing with them :confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Last of the Wii U gets for the time being. Downloaded Pikmin 3 as the free MK8 game so looking forward to giving that a play.

bfWb7l6.jpg

kiIHhEL.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Try doing that with a CRT. Gwan I dare ya.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Back from Tokyo a couple of days now, didn't go as crazy as usual (no consoles!), as I was primarily watch shopping. Picked up lots of Persona stuff too but will just post the retro stuff. Not in picture is Street Fighter 2010, found it CIB for a reasonable price in Mandarake Galaxy.

00019e1c-eded-40d0-a166-6363f6a8687f.jpg

Here's my Famicom & SFC collection now (crappy pic I know)

55815b03-a6e3-4f94-b89c-cad501429084.jpg

Finally, the warm glow of Hebereke/Ufouria :)

D5D77493-10A8-45A7-B73F-B74F5ED19CD5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

The FC and SFC gear, box and carts, just has that level of sexy unobtainable by any of its regional variants. Huzzah on the haul, fine sir.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    The FC and SFC gear, box and carts, just has that level of sexy unobtainable by any of its regional variants. Huzzah on the haul, fine sir.

Couldn't have said it better myself, ntsc-j box art is a thing of beauty.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

ghostchant wrote: »
    00019e1c-eded-40d0-a166-6363f6a8687f.jpg

Rhythm Tengoku!
    WANT!

Nice get!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Rhythm Tengoku!
    WANT!

Nice get!

DoReMi has to be one of the nicest looking games on the sfc. I have to make do with an aquired version :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

ghostchant wrote: »

Here's my Famicom & SFC collection now (crappy pic I know)

Finally, the warm glow of Hebereke/Ufouria :)
    I can see Haruhi on the upper shelf lol cute.
    I love Hebereke! So jelly, liked the snes games the puzzle one and fighting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

It turns out that pokémon typing game going in argos is actually a lovely bluetooth keyboard and it works with any tablet, phone, pc etc.

So naturally, with it being only €11.99, I picked up one to play on the ds, a second to have as a bt keyboard, and a third to keep unopened for a few years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Ron DMC wrote: »
    It turns out that pokémon typing game going in argos is actually a lovely bluetooth keyboard and it works with any tablet, phone, pc etc.

So naturally, with it being only €11.99, I picked up one to play on the ds, a second to have as a bt keyboard, and a third to keep unopened for a few years.

The argos site is strange.

Some items won't show up in search by description.
    That pokemon game is only searchable by the item code. (No matter if you type pokemon or pokémon)

Its in stock everywhere
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=+240%2F9843

But the normal joe will never find them.

Its the same with Pokemon black & white, you need the code to find them.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=205%2F6540
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=205%2F2654

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭Ron DMC

Proco Jr. wrote: »

Great, now you have me wanting to pick up both of those as well. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,430 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Proco Jr. wrote: »
    The argos site is strange.

Some items won't show up in search by description.
    That pokemon game is only searchable by the item code. (No matter if you type pokemon or pokémon)

Its in stock everywhere
    http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=+240%2F9843

But the normal joe will never find them.

Its the same with Pokemon black & white, you need the code to find them.

http://www.checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=205%2F6540
    http://checkargos.com/StockCheckPage.php?productId=205%2F2654

Ye wha? Just go to Argos.ie, click Video Games top middle and select the relevant system on the left. Or just search for Nintendo and go from there.

• Advertisement

They have things stashed in weird places, like they weren't tagged properly.
    A regular browse through the DS stock will not reveal everything.
    You actually require the cat. code to get a price and availability from the stock check device.
    Though a simple check for "Nintendo" might do the trick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

A search for 'typing' brings up that pokemon game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,146 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

2v7uxps.jpg
    Sold as working, I haven't tested it yet but its very rusty which is disappointing, I hope a scrub with electrical circuit cleaner/toothbrush and a reflow on some of the solder joints will keep it alive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Missed the posty yesterday but he came back today to collect them custom fees :pac:

IMG_0316.jpg

Very nice, everything seems to be opened by customs lately. Fed up seeing the green and white tape on packages, how much did they screw you for this time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Not much as I took the risk and had it valued at $ 100,- this time !

Still € 35,50 could have bought me some Fosters to accompany the game play .

Casey120 wrote: »
    Not much as I took the risk and had it valued at $ 100,- this time !

Still € 35,50 could have bought me some Fosters to accompany the game play .

Glad it arrived safe and sound, it's a nice one to scratch of the "to get" list.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Was in Manchester yesterday, thought to myself, oh yeah their CeX's will be way better. Well, I was prettttyyy wrong. Absolutely feck all :(

marko93 wrote: »
    Was in Manchester yesterday, thought to myself, oh yeah their CeX's will be way better. Well, I was prettttyyy wrong. Absolutely feck all :(

Did you know, Game shop history fans, that Gamesworld, the wholly Irish owned shop chain that was bought up and rebranded as Gamestop, we're originally built specifically around the CeX model.
    The guys who founded it were impressed with the business model and decided to replicate it here. Did a good job too.
    This really took off with the 2nd store on Liffey Street, which is still open.
    The first store was a counter in the back of Chapters, which is a pub now, actually I think Super Hoshi works out of roughly the same spot as Gamesworld started from.
    Good times working there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Got Cubic Ninja on 3Ds for € 4.95 in Gamestop. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement