Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

marko93 wrote: »
    Was in Manchester yesterday, thought to myself, oh yeah their CeX's will be way better. Well, I was prettttyyy wrong. Absolutely feck all :(

They're inconsistent alright. Recall one in Shepard's Bush a couple year back that dealt in pretty much everything NES onward, then dropped into one on Goodge St, expecting similar, and being deflated as it was current-gen only, not even the token Gen-6 section. Johnny Ultimate pointed me to the excellent arcade next to it, so it was an awesome jaunt nonetheless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Mr.Saturn wrote: »
    They're inconsistent alright. Recall one in Shepard's Bush a couple year back that dealt in pretty much everything NES onward, then dropped into one on Goodge St, expecting similar, and being deflated as it was current-gen only, not even the token Gen-6 section. Johnny Ultimate pointed me to the excellent arcade next to it, so it was an awesome jaunt nonetheless.

I was so gutted, I hoped to pick up maybe a few DS/3DS or anything older.

Looking at GAME over there, I remember why it didn't survive here. More shiíte

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Gamestation in the UK used to be great. They had a specific retro section until they were taken over by game, re branded and disposed of the retro stuff. Some of the cash converters/cash generator pawn shops can be worth a look too. If you're still in manchester there's one just beside the Arndale (I think) shopping centre that used to have a decent selection of retro stuff. Not sure if it's still there though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,013 ✭✭✭marko93

Gamestation in the UK used to be great. They had a specific retro section until they were taken over by game, re branded and disposed of the retro stuff. Some of the cash converters/cash generator pawn shops can be worth a look too. If you're still in manchester there's one just beside the Arndale (I think) shopping centre that used to have a decent selection of retro stuff. Not sure if it's still there though.

Didn't get a chance to go there, had it up on maps and just didn't get time to get over :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭Parawind

Latest gets:

288th1u.jpg

raaixd.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

That megadrive collection is an absolute must-have, worth it just for Shining Force 2 & Dynamite Headdy (and Streets of Rage)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Parawind wrote: »
    Latest gets:

288th1u.jpg

raaixd.jpg
    Klonoa, Do wont.

That megadrive collection is an absolute must-have, worth it just for Shining Force 2 & Dynamite Headdy (and Streets of Rage)

Yeah I have a large chuck of the games on it but some of the more rare ones that I don't own have gotten very expensive, so I decided to be sensible for once.

Flaregon wrote: »
    Klonoa, Do wont.

Found it on adverts, being completely ignored and grabbed it for 25 euro. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Flaregon

Yeah I have a large chuck of the games on it but some of the more rare ones that I don't have have gotten very expensive, so I decided to be sensible for once.

Found it on adverts, being completely ignored and grabbed it for 25 euro. :D

not to bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭STG.Otaku

t5Auf6J.jpg

Oh. And an SD2SNES.

vu2JRiI.jpg

Just the Famicom N8 and Gameboy Everdrive to go for a full set. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up World Rally pcb recently, only getting around to firing it up now..

14470695104_3b4e8192c3_b.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Not retro but treated myself to a belated birthday present of a PS3

Sera wrote: »
    Not retro but treated myself to a belated birthday present of a PS3

Oh it can be retro, just you go take a look through the ps1 classics on the psn!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

927993_419115351564074_801353484_n.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Oh it can be retro, just you go take a look through the ps1 classics on the psn!

Just make sure you use an american account or you'll end up with the awful PAL versions.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just make sure you use an american account or you'll end up with the awful PAL versions.

Oh yes indeed, not to mention you can get Chrono Cross and other non PAL releases.

Been watching ebay for the last few weeks for this lad for not silly money,
    finally got it for 15e + PM.Its Marv from sin city and are 60e new :eek:

2014-06-22+16.38.12.jpg

After a good bit of cutting he fits in here nicely!
    2014-06-22+17.15.54.jpg2014-06-22+21.49.19.jpg

His eyes light up red during the "electric chair" mode.
    Pretty happy with how it turned out altho you cant really see his eyes.
    A fella on pinside remade his head in clear resin and got it to flash white so I might go down that road!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

10270767_284583995057235_2714187537178328464_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Gamestation used to be the best. After the release of the first DS, all unboxed GBA games were £5, regardless of what they were, and it was buy 3 games for £10. Good times.

The er, the.... the back cover of Senran Kagura Burst for the 3DS is a bit urgent isn't it? :eek:

jwdrp.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Meant to stick up a photo of this, doubled my PS1 collection in a single go, these are all new games :D

IMG_20140622_141658367_zps8403e6be.jpg

Thanks Los Lobos :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

o1s1n wrote: »
    Meant to stick up a photo of this, doubled my PS1 collection in a single go, these are all new games :D

IMG_20140622_141658367_zps8403e6be.jpg

Thanks Los Lobos :)

I still have that melamine stuff around somewhere if you still need it.

you got south park,
    you lucky bastard.
    top game that is........

Master of the Universe

MrVestek wrote: »
    I still have that melamine stuff around somewhere if you still need it.

Oh yes please! Definitely. The backwards shelf still mocks me every time I look at it :(
    urbanledge wrote: »
    you got south park,
    you lucky bastard.
    top game that is........

I've never actually played it. Did play the N64 version. They anything similar? Both FPS games I think?

Had a great day yesterday flipping through loads of them. Re-Loaded is as god awful as I remember :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Nice lighting though, in Re-Loaded, the first one was part of the original demo disk that came with the PS, had a definite Amiga thing to it.

Senran Kagura Burst is definitely a bit Waa-hey alright, I still haven't bought it, don't want my boy picking it up in error and being "corrupted", so back to GTA: Chinatown Wars instead!

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Nice lighting though, in Re-Loaded, the first one was part of the original demo disk that came with the PS, had a definite Amiga thing to it.

Loaded and Re-Loaded are a great example of early PS1 games where developers weren't really sure what to do.

You have 3D environments showing off the PS1's lighting effects, but then character models made out of dodgy prerendered sprites. The two don't gel.

Barely any enemy variation - the first two levels (they were all I could stick!) have two enemies. One of them is a tan coloured human shape with no definition and almost blends in with the background. Snoozefest.
    CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Senran Kagura Burst is definitely a bit Waa-hey alright, I still haven't bought it, don't want my boy picking it up in error and being "corrupted", so back to GTA: Chinatown Wars instead!

Once you strip (!) away the novelty factor in Senran Kagura then the remaining game will not be to your tastes at all.

It's really made for a stick (!) and not a game pad. Either that or my thumbs might just be getting a bit old and arthritic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

o1s1n wrote: »
    Once you strip (!) away the novelty factor in Senran Kagura then the remaining game will not be to your tastes at all.

Side scrolling beat-em-up, doesn't CiDeRmAn love those? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

airmax87 wrote: »
    10270767_284583995057235_2714187537178328464_n.jpg

How they managed to push this one through QA without anyone piping up that the save feature is missing is amazing. I wonder if Microsoft managed to score some odd PAL exclusivity deal that saw 3rd Strike ripped off the PS2 version in Europe. The AI is the usual Super Turbo 'f**k you if you wanna play this' level of difficulty; it's beatable, but you won't like what you've become by the end of it. The tidbits like the soundtrack and intro selection are fun little playarounds for a bit.

This and Capcom Fighting AllStars was the early 00s nadir for Capcom fighters, where the release philosophy was based more around 'let's milk the diehards before sticking this out to pasture' than giving anything to the community, which were still supporting 3rd Strike in abundance.

Well, the front cover is a bit 'Juggs McHealthy', with an acceptability factor of approximately 6.3752222 (to the nearest decimal point) out of 10. But the back cover is not exactly material for the likes of Ireland's Own... :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

All this for €30 :cool:

tumblr_n7mk0pN4HW1tep2leo2_500.jpg

tumblr_n7mk0pN4HW1tep2leo1_1280.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement