Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

1326327328329330332»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Eh, Cloud?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

You got Zero Mission for pennies.

jack-nicholson-sticking-finger-flipping-bird.gif

Where d'you pick that up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I picked up a grandstand astro wars at a car boot sale over the weekend.
    No battery cover but for 3quid ya can't go wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Some chap off gumtree. Haggled him down to 30.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Fairly new to this game collecting stuff and im a poor 19 year old but finally found a decent deal on adverts and picked up the console of my childhood for €40, not a bargain but Im delighted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

€40 isn't bad for that little bundle. Welcome!

Picked these up today.

A19813F6-83DB-4D7A-93A9-49B922E04AC7_zpsrfiumuil.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Is there no end to the Tesco gets. Great to see all the Nintendo stuff making it into peoples collections.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

€40 isn't bad for that little bundle. Welcome!

Picked these up today.

A19813F6-83DB-4D7A-93A9-49B922E04AC7_zpsrfiumuil.jpg
    I'm mad to get Tomodatchi Life, just dunno if I want to spend €39.99

Sera wrote: »
    I'm mad to get Tomodatchi Life, just dunno if I want to spend €39.99

I got it for €37 in argos if that helps :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

An N64 being a console of someone's childhood makes me feel old...

Welcome to the forum by the way!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭badger57

Got GTA 2, 3 and Vice City, now have every GTA game for the PS2!!!

MrVestek wrote: »
    An N64 being a console of someone's childhood makes me feel old...

Welcome to the forum by the way!

My childhood console was the 2600, bet you don't feel that old anymore. I must be due to have a midlife crisis soon, sell of my collection to fund a hair transplant or something along them lines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube wrote: »
    My childhood console was the 2600, bet you don't feel that old anymore. I must be due to have a midlife crisis soon, sell of my collection to fund a hair transplant or something along them lines.

2600 for me too, was my first ever console. As for mid life crises, I think A&R collecting IS the mid life crisis for those that way inclined...recapturing lost youth/inner child etc etc :o

Myrddin wrote: »
    2600 for me too, was my first ever console. As for mid life crises, I think A&R collecting IS the mid life crisis for those that way inclined...recapturing lost youth/inner child etc etc :o

When you look back how far things have moved along in thirty years, I hope the next thirty will be just as good. I think it was Oisin who made a statement a while back about games being like movies. It would be like saying you're too old to watch a movie, it's a form of entertainment like many others. You're never too old to read a book or play the guitar, so why are you too old to play games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Monkeykube wrote: »
    When you look back how far things have moved along in thirty years, I hope the next thirty will be just as good. I think it was Oisin who made a statement a while back about games being like movies. It would be like saying you're too old to watch a movie, it's a form of entertainment like many others. You're never too old to read a book or play the guitar, so why are you too old to play games.

I'd agree with that, the 'adults shouldn't play games' thing is just a sociological perception that's wrong...it's a consumable media in my eyes & just as relevant as movies/books (assuming you're playing the right games obviously!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I'd agree with that, the 'adults shouldn't play games' thing is just a sociological perception that's wrong...it's a consumable media in my eyes & just as relevant as movies/books (assuming you're playing the right games obviously!)

True :0)

45223_front.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I started A&R collecting with a repeat purchase of an N64 by chance, back in '99, so I would have been 27, not quite old enough for a mid life crisis!
    And the likes of Super Mario World is a stunning game regardless of decade, as timeless perhaps as chess... maybe?

As generations go by I'm sure it will be the accepted norm. If you think about it, it's a form of entertainment in its infancy. How long have books be around, musical instruments or movies for that matter.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

33 posts and counting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got it for €37 in argos if that helps :P
    I think it's €36 on Amazon but you'd have to pay 3 to PM.
    If you've time to play, lemme know if it's worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I did actually get some gets this morning. Forgot I had even ordered these. Super Mario 3D World cd soundtrack and Nintendo Folder and Bookmark set.

10444342_10204418002512923_2267803387806296601_n.jpg?oh=8e9c5eac425d631133a339b8b56db5be&oe=542EFBBD&__gda__=1412434882_a8bf55606681f5b32c08d213aed54ae9

Edit: Forgot to mention that I got them from Club Nintendo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

but you'd have to pay 3 to PM.

It's actually three fiddy (gawd damn Loch Ness Monster!)

I think it's €36 on Amazon but you'd have to pay 3 to PM.
    If you've time to play, lemme know if it's worth it.

I've played a little and so far it seems interesting. It comes with a code to gift a free version of the game to someone so I'll message you it to try for yourself when I finish work.

Going to be too busy to do this later, at least no where near a computer, so closing this mother down and opening up da offsping....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement