Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I dont think theres a left handed one, and if there is I wont have the money to get it. After a quick google is seems the only one ever seen was on the cover of the dvd for "The Wizard". Turns out its not just a mirrored image because the words "Power Glove" are the right way around. And I've seen AVGN wear 2 before but it was just that he put a right handed one on his left hand.

I would like to wear this at Halloween but this is a power glove were talking about, it could only lead to one result....meeting a ghostbuster with a working proton pack and if you thought crossing the streams was bad, you dont want to know what happens when this level of power gets involved

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've tried to play Last Hope but I just find it a bit crap.

Jack Burton, you're a legend. I hope there won't be pictures of you on facebook wearing nothing but the power glove!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Steve SI wrote: »
    Dale, I gotta ask. Do you collect/play consoles and games as well as old computer systems?

Yeah but bearing in mind I'm 20 and therefore missed out on thee golden era (:pac:) so the collection of stuff is slow as I work out what I need next.. looking at picking up a NES tomorrow; most of this stuff (like RGB being of the better quality) is new to me.. :pac:
    I don't think I've posted images of consoles I've collected; mainly because they've been done to death but I have all the obvious ones like the C64, SNES, 2600, A1200 etc (not to mention sinclair +2)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Casey120 wrote: »
    spock.gif

Well, they aren't all for my personal use. A lot are for my collection but I'm also slowly building up stock (and also contacts) for my retro online/offline store. It's a long way off but with retro pricing the way it is it'd be unlikely that I'd lose money on them even if they sit in storage for an extended period of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've tried to play Last Hope but I just find it a bit crap.

I have it myself (the original, not the pink bullets one) and really don't like it either. Plays like a slow Neo Geo Shmup or something.
    Steve SI wrote: »
    Well, they aren't all for my personal use. A lot are for my collection but I'm also slowly building up stock (and also contacts) for my retro online/offline store. It's a long way off but with retro pricing the way it is it'd be unlikely that I'd lose money on them even if they sit in storage for an extended period of time.

1156151_o.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Not really retro but hey. Picked up a lot of ds/3ds stuff today.

Zelda 3ds console
    Ocarina of Time 3ds
    Resident Evil Revelations Circle Pro Pad edition
    Resident Evil The Mercenaries
    Zelda Phatom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks
    Metroid Prime Pinball and Hunters
    Resident Evil Deadly Silence
    Okami Den
    Rhythm Paradise

Also have a few packages to open in work tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    I have it myself (the original, not the pink bullets one) and really don't like it either. Plays like a slow Neo Geo Shmup or something.

1156151_o.gif

Will you be supporting your local retro store then? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

And THE POWER GLOVE! Huge thanks to Waveform for sending me a link to an ebayer with very decent shipping rates to Ireland. Thanks so much, been wanting one of these for ages and so hard to get them at a decent price with shipping

Came with the sensors and is fully working.....

...its so bad!

So glad it's working man, I think I can stop sweating now! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

Dj0Nl.jpg

Picked up alpha anthology for 2 euro and the first digital devil saga for 3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Where did you pick them up?
    That Street Fighter title looks nice indeed.

I picked up Space Invaders Extreme 2 for the DS, which I am happy with, I have the two of them now and nice shooter they are indeed.

I'm thinking they may be compatible with the Taito Paddle controller for the DS, must have a look and pick one up. It'll work on Arkanoid for the DS for sure at least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭megaten

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Where did you pick them up?
    That Street Fighter title looks nice indeed.

I picked up Space Invaders Extreme 2 for the DS, which I am happy with, I have the two of them now and nice shooter they are indeed.

I'm thinking they may be compatible with the Taito Paddle controller for the DS, must have a look and pick one up. It'll work on Arkanoid for the DS for sure at least.

Second hand shop in lucan. Didn't see much else of interest.

IMG_20120706_222142.jpg

BTW Jack,

have you tried doing this with the Power Glove yet? :D

powerfap.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I thought the 'Power Fap' was a term reserved for occasion(s) when you were in the middle of 'wrestling your bald champ' and someone arrives home so you have to speed up in order to 'put milk on the cornflakes' before you get 'startled by midgets' :confused:

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I thought the 'Power Fap' was a term reserved for occasion(s) when you were in the middle of 'wrestling your bald champ' and someone arrives home so you have to speed up in order to 'put milk on the cornflakes' before you get 'startled by midgets' :confused:

That sounds more like a danger fap! teehee!

waveform wrote: »
    That sounds more like a danger fap! teehee!

Ah OK, in Eire you called them 'Danger Fap'. As Vincent Vega once said to Samuel L. Five Star "it's the little differences":

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

443465d0.jpg[/IMG]

1fb6013a.jpg

[IMG][/img]IMG_1295.jpg

Also got Cave Story 3D.

Paper Mario would make an ideal 1st anniversary gift for my wife... if she gave a **** about video games. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Thanks to Logie for this cab (on the right)

12.jpg

Got it going and everything!

2.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

keithgeo wrote: »

2.jpg

wow thats a nice Cab Keith, is that another MAME?

Ur up to 3 now now, that didnt take that long,
    Keith in 2014, you'll be up to 10 cabs:) haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Nope, its a jamma cab, im done with mame, one mame cab is enough. Im going to change it so its just a 3 button cab. there are six buttons cut into it at the minute.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Some recent gear which arrived.

An MVS unit which fits in my feckin cab! It's in great condition too, couldn't be happier with it. Also rediscovered how amazing Shock Troopers is. It's such a polished game.

IMG_0109.jpg

Here it is sitting on a piano

IMG_0111.jpg

Also got this little beauty. I love the marquee! Reminds me of the Powerpuff girls.

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0120.jpg

IMG_0121.jpg

The board itself is super clean.

IMG_0119.jpg

Also got a faceplate to pimp up the 360.

IMG_0114.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

A pantry, solid gold wallpaper and a piano?!

Master of the Universe

You mean to tell me you don't have a piano?

I also have a fine, aged mahogany drinks cabinet I'm sure you'd love :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

o1s1n wrote: »
    You mean to tell me you don't have a piano?

I also have a fine, aged mahogany drinks cabinet I'm sure you'd love :p

Whilst not a wood Lover I can appreciate any alcohol containment unit. Although what's in it that matters!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

In the absence of a "Post Here Every Time you re-Discover Something via going into the Attic" thread, I will post the following image here:

IMG_20120707_143015.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Its gonna be a long day in work
    IMG_20120709_103549.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Its gonna be a long day in work
    IMG_20120709_103549.jpg

I clicked on your Bear Adventure link, good stuff. I did something similar before and although you do get weird looks from passer-bys, the photo are always worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

I clicked on your Bear Adventure link, good stuff. I did something similar before and although you do get weird looks from passer-bys, the photo are always worth it.

Definitely got the oddest in the Guinness Storehouse. Definitely worth it. The fcuker comes on every trip now :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just order by Turbo Everdrive for my TG-16!
    Can't wait now to receive my SD-Card enhanced piece of Turbo Grafx loveliness!
    In a couple of weeks I'll have the entire HuCard library at my finger tips!

Of course, this is purely so I can play the legitimately owned HuCard titles I have without having to damage the originals....

Remember kids,

Piracy is wrong!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My mam was in a foul humour at lunch which could only mean one thing, a big box of 10 NES games arrived from the US. Roll on 5.30!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement