Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

th_IMG_20120709_141052.jpg
    Right got this last week , and it was actually working fine , but due to a slight problem with the PSU adapter I made I didnt actually switch on till this morning!
    (details over in the retro repair thread btw).
    Got it boxed from RAGE for a suprisingly decent price.Tested it with my PAL/NTSC cartridge adpator and its playing everything fine, all 60hz and full screen! :)

Just have to work out exactly which RGB cable US SNES's work with and get one .(the trinitron works fine with it on AV , but the portable in my gaming room doesnt 'do' NTSC on AV so its black and white)..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's always worth asking if Rage have anything that's NTSC. They can't shift them so think nobosy wants them so sell them cheap. 40 euros for a US N64 and Conkers Bad Fur Day NTSC was a nice bargain I got :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Was in the RAGE the other day, when have they started to write 'rare' on the price labels? Wanted to get a Super Smash Tennis boxed but the guy at the counter was too busy chatting to someone about their Street fighter Turbo competition at the end of the month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Conkers Bad Fur Day NTSC was a nice bargain I got :P

We knew you loved it all along...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I owned all the other Rare games on N64, my OCD wouldn't let me leave a gaping hole in the collection.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I owned all the other Rare games on N64, my OCD wouldn't let me leave a gaping hole in the ....

Snigger.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,181 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

WTF, Retr0gamer buying **** games for collector's sake?

Hypocrisy+Certificate.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dr Bob wrote: »
    th_IMG_20120709_141052.jpg
    Got it boxed from RAGE for a suprisingly decent price.Tested it with my PAL/NTSC cartridge adpator and its playing everything fine, all 60hz and full screen! :)

How much is "a surprisingly decent price" these days?

o1s1n wrote: »
    WTF, Retr0gamer buying **** games for collector's sake?

Hypocrisy+Certificate.jpg

Hey there's exceptions to those rules! I own Legend of Dragoon (as a 'never forget, ground zero type memorial), Overblood 1 and 2 and own a CDi!. I've also got Turtles for the NES in that lot that just arrivedd :)

I file them in the same cabinet as Silent Night, Deadly Night 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Finally got the Mega Drive 2 out of my gf's attic... it's a bit beat up and dusty (compared to the Sonic & Knuckles cart I have) but it still plays very well.

Should have a VGA cable on the way for it soon too.

IMAG0617.png

Also I hear that two packages have turned up at home also. I wonder what they may be...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    How much is "a surprisingly decent price" these days?
    a smidge under 20 quids.No PSU or controller but boxed.(I have a US coloured controller, and as I mentioned , knocked up an adaptor to run it off a Meg 1 PSU)
    yeah I could probably snipe one cheaper on teh ebays , but I never seem to be much use at that. plus shipping from the US (and even the UK) is horrible

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Gosh that wasnt bad at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

Got ****ed over by an ignorant French Seller on ebay today.

Talk about a negative stereotype.

More details and pics to follow...

Master of the Universe

waveform wrote: »
    Got ****ed over by an ignorant French Seller on ebay today.

Talk about a negative stereotype.

More details and pics to follow...

Just to balance that out, I got 100% refunded by a French seller yesterday and he let me keep the supergun for free - and he's giving me detailed instructions as to how to fix the thing. :D

Just to balance that out, I got 100% refunded by a French seller yesterday and he let me keep the supergun for free - and he's giving me detailed instructions as to how to fix the thing. :D

Glad you had a more pleasant experience!

We both stand to lose 100% feedback, he hasn't left any for me yet.

I have to curb the temptation of leaving him a negative.

Will post more later.

Master of the Universe

Is it on ebay? Sellers can't leave buyers a negative now, they haven't been able to ages.

So feel free to leave a negative without a 'payback' negative being left for you.

Is it on ebay? Sellers can't leave buyers a negative now, they haven't been able to ages.

So feel free to leave a negative without a 'payback' negative being left for you.

Hmmmm....

funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg

:D

My banjaxed CDi came from France... conincidence?

My banjaxed CDi came from France... conincidence?

Not sure, my soon to break 3DO came from the UK but it did smell of garlic...

Okay.

I was the only bidder on auction number:
    160826[B]Delete_Me[/B]097695

A few days before the auction ended, I e-mailed the seller as to what condition the overlay was in, as you can only see a picture of the box in the auction.

The seller completely ignored my e-mail and never replied.

If you notice in that page the seller says to ring a phone number to "avoid any claims."

So I ended up paying 20 euro + 10 euro postage and packaging for the piece of **** that arrived:

GLwip.jpg

55pme.jpg

nfqZR.jpg

cDlT3.jpg

ULi0t.jpg

71qOG.jpg

It actually looks worse than it looks in the pics.

Refund TBH I'd say or else....

a first upside down smiley face for the seller.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

What an Ass , in the original ebay ad the box looks pretty nice .

Ask for a (partial) refund , if not open a paypal dispute and threaten him with negative feedback if he doesn't respond .

Thanks Casey.
    The one worry I have is that you're claim is valid if an item is "different from described".

The problem is it wasnt ever described in the first place, and not even after I asked for a description.

I've just sent the seller a polite e-mail and asking to have this resolved or else I'll be filing a paypal claim.

Space Wars is actually the last non homebrew game I intended buying for the Vectrex.

The flipping thing is like Eleanor from Gone In 60 Seconds!

Sauron was pretty mad when 10 NES games showed up. Here's the current collection:

212413.jpg

So top to bottom, left to right

Castlevania 3, Simon's Quest, TMNT, Super Mario Bros standing in for SMB/Duck Hunt that's in the machine, Mario 2, Mario 3, Karnov, Magic of scheherazade, Zelda, Zelda 2, Guardian Legend, Faxanadu, Blaster Master and Legacy of the Wizard.

60 Hz baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Guardian Legend, very nice. Have been meaning to pick that up

It sometimes goes cheap, last I looked it's a bit expensive but if there's an auction it doesn't go for much.

Sauron was pretty mad when 10 NES games showed up. Here's the current collection:

So top to bottom, left to right

Castlevania 3, Simon's Quest, TMNT, Super Mario Bros standing in for SMB/Duck Hunt that's in the machine, Mario 2, Mario 3, Karnov, Magic of scheherazade, Zelda, Zelda 2, Guardian Legend, Faxanadu, Blaster Master and Legacy of the Wizard.

60 Hz baby!

Swap you my RARE filthy copy of Space Wars for that NES lot!

It's RARE that you'd see one that filthy! :D

L@@K L@L L@L L@L L@L L@L L@L L@L L@L L@L L@L

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

waveform wrote: »
    Thanks Casey.
    The one worry I have is that you're claim is valid if an item is "different from described".

The problem is it wasnt ever described in the first place, and not even after I asked for a description.

I've just sent the seller a polite e-mail and asking to have this resolved or else I'll be filing a paypal claim.

Space Wars is actually the last non homebrew game I intended buying for the Vectrex.

The flipping thing is like Eleanor from Gone In 60 Seconds!

Pretty rough condition that. If he didn't post pics of the contents nor describe them, and also didn't reply to your email then no way would I have bid on that item. Bad form not replying to emails, if they're on hols or whatever then they usually say so in the auction.

Received this today, got a pretty good deal on it I think. Been looking for a Jaguar CD now for a while and most come up at daft prices so jumped at this one when I seen it.
    Seller actually had 3 units for sale but I was outbid on the other 2 auctions and got this one for a good bit cheaper than the others sold for :)

2 games still in plastic wrap (although not for much longer), genuine Atari RGB cable as well.

7537424746_a3424676ab_c.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

My faulty Mega CD mk II got delivered earlier today...

9VXi9.jpg

Hoping it works with the universal power supply that I just purchased... if not then I'll have to try and source a model one Mega Drive PSU from the bay... which I really don't want to have to do as alot of people seem to want to rape you on postage charges due to the weight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Received this today, got a pretty good deal on it I think. Been looking for a Jaguar CD now for a while and most come up at daft prices so jumped at this one when I seen it.
    Seller actually had 3 units for sale but I was outbid on the other 2 auctions and got this one for a good bit cheaper than the others sold for :)

2 games still in plastic wrap (although not for much longer), genuine Atari RGB cable as well.

7537424746_a3424676ab_c.jpg

Just want to say welcome to the Jag CD club. We are few and far between.:)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement