Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Today's haul so far:

iXQlhJmCjwadX.jpg

ieybf59mcQjOi.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Not much to show today as customs are holding onto my stuff until Wednesday.

Anyway, "Rescue on Fractalus!" arrived for the C64. That thing beside it is a batch of 500 gauge Clear Polythene Bags.
    I've been testing different types of plastic, bags and gauge to try and find the perfect bags to store and display all the different types of games and consoles and I found a company in the UK that makes the best stuff I've found so far in the sizes I'd need.

All pics clickable.
    dsc1805b.jpg

Not really meant for tapes but you get the idea.
    dsc1807b.jpg

Here it is on a PS2 game and full size Mega Drive case.
    dsc1808b.jpg

This size also holds double CD cases really well like Wing Commander 3 for 3DO.
    dsc1811b.jpg

This particular batch of bags is very tough and probably to thick to use for displaying games in a shop as they kind of desaturate the colours a bit and take away from the look (maybe 300 or 400 gauge for shop display?). But as a means of storing and protecting games they are perfect.
    They are damn tough and can hold boiling water without melting or losing shape. I'll be using these kinds of bags when sending out stuff via post if the items fit in them in the future. The cost is minimal and worth it as the items will have that better protection during transit and the people/customers will get a free protective cover for each game.
    I've put an order in for a few larger and smaller versions today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Are the bags expensive?

safetyboy wrote: »
    Are the bags expensive?
    Not really for what you're getting.
    I think they go for about £7 sterling for 100 of the ones I got in this test batch (6"X9"). It was a bit cheaper for me as I got them at wholesale prices.
    They sell them on amazon as well but I'm not sure if its the exact same quality or what name they use there.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah Steve, protect that Rise of the Robots cart, no sense in gamers in the future having all the fun, introduce some misery into their perfect lives!

Also, great to see Wing Commander III again, man I really enjoyed that game!

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Yeah Steve, protect that Rise of the Robots cart, no sense in gamers in the future having all the fun, introduce some misery into their perfect lives!

Also, great to see Wing Commander III again, man I really enjoyed that game!

If the truth be told I only got the bags to protect my ROTR collection :(

Wing Commander 3, I loved that game as well.
    That one in the bag above is my original copy from when it was released. It shall never leave my collection.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

My fave 3DO game is a tie between Return Fire and Star Control II, such brilliance and still played today, the former at least, along with Maps O'Death.
    Sadly I no longer own Star Control II, but it is a dream I have that I will own it again, some day!

My fave 3DO game is a tie between Return Fire and Star Control II, such brilliance and still played today, the former at least, along with Maps O'Death.
    Sadly I no longer own Star Control II, but it is a dream I have that I will own it again, some day!

Return Fire, pure class that game. I used to play it sometimes just to go out to sea and wait for the subs and try and escape them.

At least with games you really like/want but don't have you can play them on the 3DO after a quick download. Keep you going until you get the real deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I really want a 3do and thats just to play Road Rash on it but you guys aren't helping with talk of other great games on it.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I really want a 3do and thats just to play Road Rash on it but you guys aren't helping with talk of other great games on it.

I'd get one before the prices go up if I were you.
    A Panasonic FZ1 of course :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I need a rake of those bags Steven Emmanuelle. Did you get them in the UK? I got some from HK before on eBay but I've used them all as my entire collection is cello wrapped. :o

I bought poly bags yesterday at the ¥100 shop, as ye can see above. They are protecting my OST's nicely but I want cellos for when I get home. Have you any tips for discount stationary gafs here?

Pyongyang wrote: »
    I need a rake of those bags Steven Emmanuelle. Did you get them in the UK? I got some from HK before on eBay but I've used them all as my entire collection is cello wrapped. :o

I bought poly bags yesterday at the ¥100 shop, as ye can see above. They are protecting my OST's nicely but I want cellos for when I get home. Have you any tips for discount stationary gafs here?

Yeah I got them in the UK. They might not be what everyone wants to wrap your games in as the plastic is 500 gauge, so quite thick. But damn will it protect them :)
    No tips on where to get stationary over there.
    Well, my tip would be not to and use every ounce of baggage allowance for more retro stuff :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    I'd get one before the prices go up if I were you.
    A Panasonic FZ1 of course :)

In the process of trying to get one. Struggling to find a decent price on one though. Best boxed ones are around €200 with shipping. That a good price or?

Seeing as how it's going to be played I wouldn't get hung up on a boxed example.
    The biggest killer will be the sheer weight, that's going to mean big postage.
    Try and locate an Irish example that you can collect.

Seeing as how it's going to be played I wouldn't get hung up on a boxed example.
    The biggest killer will be the sheer weight, that's going to mean big postage.
    Try and locate an Irish example that you can collect.

Only Irish one I can find is €100 for just a bare bones pal one.

I also meant to say €200 which includes post is the best I can locate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

In the process of trying to get one. Struggling to find a decent price on one though. Best boxed ones are around €200 with shipping. That a good price or?

Have you asked the guy you got the AES from ? I think he'd one for sale as well.

Have you asked the guy you got the AES from ? I think he'd one for sale as well.

Excellent memory there Mr Bandito. Brain training did you well.

Woo Hoo!

I just won Raiden DX for the PS!

Bidding was slow over the last few days, BIN examples were selling for 45 without postage.
    I threw on a bid of 12 pounds this morning and was immediately outbid.
    With just 2 hours to go upped it to 19 pounds and watched....

To be truthful I expected to be sniped as it counted down but no, I won Raiden DX just now for a combined price of 26 euro!

Bargain!

Can't wait for it now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Congrats , which one did you get , the first 1997 NSI release or the 2000 Hamster Re release ?

I wonder if there are any differences in the two !

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I threw on a bid of 12 pounds this morning and was immediately outbid.
    With just 2 hours to go upped it to 19 pounds and watched....

What the hell were you doing! Snipe that ****, none of this early bidding crap!

• Advertisement

Not sure which version it is, it's item number 140794787621, only difference appears to be some demo, anywho I'm a happy boy today!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,181 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    What the hell were you doing! Snipe that ****, none of this early bidding crap!

I didn't want to say, seeing as he was so overjoyed with his new purchase - but yeah, Ciderdude, didn't we teach you how to bid properly?! :pac:

Master of the Universe

How many do you have? I've 19 AES carts and they are a nuisance space wise or even a hindrance.

20 mini boxed ones, but I've a further 15 or so to get mini boxes for.

For anyone who doesn't know how big MVS carts are, here are some comparison pics!

neo_geo_pocket_5_dsc_0303_r.jpg

SNKneogeomvs.jpg

Neocart.jpg

You have a top loader?

Master of the Universe

No, no no no. They're not my pics - just Googled 'MVS comparison' :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

They are tiny :pac:

DSCF5353.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

You have a top loader?

That's an AV Famicom, notable due to it allowing composite rather than rf. Looks very similar to the US top-loader, biggest cosmetic difference being the flat top which allows Disk Systems to be used with it. They both have those neat looking 'dog bone' controllers though :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭RNB

I've got a FZ-10 in storage somewhere. Excellent condition. Have all cables, controller, 5-10 original games.

*edit* no discussion of sales or trades including backed up material allowed. Ciderman: Mod

What would you be willing to offer? :)

RNB wrote: »
    I've got a FZ-10 in storage somewhere. Excellent condition. Have all cables, controller, 5-10 original games and a good 20 back-ups.

What would you be willing to offer? :)

Now lads, this is not a sales or trading forum, if you are making a private arrangement do it off thread.
    Otherwise use the appropriate forums.

Buyer beware and all that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement