Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Picked these up today from that eBay auction yesterday
    IMG_3790.jpg

IMG_3791.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

they look in decent nick, think some people were over-reacting a bit yesterday at a couple of slightly torn labels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Are those Tengen games and F15 Strike Eagle US region NES games or is there some other reason their carts are a different design?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

They're all NTSC. Was tempted to snipe that auction but the only game in it I'm interested in was Megaman 2 and space is a bit of a premium at the moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭CathalDublin

Nice, they do look in decent shape, the auction photo was well blurred and thats the reason I didn't bid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    New 72-pin connector is all that's arrived today.

I bought Rule of Rose a while ago and it's still not yet to arrive, anyone else finding the US post taking forever, I'm hoping it's not lost?

Anything I've ordered from the states has always taken an age so I wouldn't worry just yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Anything I've ordered from the states has always taken an age so I wouldn't worry just yet!

The Snes I got recently took only a week and I ordered a book from sub press and had that inside the week as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Depends on the seller really, plus I found that anything from the east cost takes a lot lot longer

Depends on the seller really, plus I found that anything from the east cost takes a lot lot longer

then what you gotta do is

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Met up with Ciderman yesterday, top bloke that he is, & completed the trade for this beauty

33my87m.jpg

2ihns0l.jpg

35kilq0.jpg

faof11.jpg

It really is in brand new condition, aside from some shelf wear on the outer box sleeve...the whole thing feels & looks brand new.

He has one more of these left, I suggest someone pick it up because you really don't come across these being practically bnib at the best of times, certainly not for his asking price anyway.

Mine still has the original advertising poster inside for the Micro too, delighted with it. Thanks again Cidey!

EnterNow wrote: »
    Met up with Ciderman yesterday, top bloke that he is, & completed the trade for this beauty

33my87m.jpg

2ihns0l.jpg

35kilq0.jpg

faof11.jpg

It really is in brand new condition, aside from some shelf wear on the outer box sleeve...the whole thing feels & looks brand new.

He has one more of these left, I suggest someone pick it up because you really don't come across these being practically bnib at the best of times, certainly not for his asking price anyway.

Mine still has the original advertising poster inside for the Micro too, delighted with it. Thanks again Cidey!

Shhhhut up! I don't want anyone else to get the other one, waiting for the Ciderman to cave and post it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Turbo everdrive arrived, looking forward to trying it out, TBH it wasn't really packaged the best, taped between 2 bits of cardboard in an envelope, no anti static bag or anything.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Shhhhut up! I don't want anyone else to get the other one, waiting for the Ciderman to cave and post it to me.

I have to say, if its possible to travel up, I'd do it if I were you - they're that mint

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

faof11.jpg

Very nice. Have the exact same one myself.

I couldn't help but notice in the above pic - with anything involving Ciderman an SD card isn't too far behind! :P :P

Maybe he's the Walter White of the SD/emu scene.

• Advertisement

Ciderberg?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Ciderberg?

I like it. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

If he starts wearing a funny hat at the next beers, just run away and never look back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Couple of bits today.

An Amiga 600 Keyboard (I'm only after the blue membrane but the keyb was cheap anyway. It's the bottom yellowed one.)
    The top keyboard is my own A600 one and you can see the torn keyboard connector if you look close.
    dsc2756a.jpg

And this Zelda game case also arrived. It's a modified version of those universal games cases you can get for SNES/MD/N64 etc.
    dsc2768.jpg
    dsc2770y.jpg
    dsc2771.jpg

The case is ok but I'm a little disappointed that the cart does not click in and out.
    Instead it just sits on some soft foam. It's secure when the case is closed but it's not what i was expecting.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Thanks goes to Enternow for Super Swiv and Super Aleste, tonight is the night for serious snes shmup action!

And Mr OTT, pm me and we'll come to a postal arrangement, can't keep you and the Micro separate with this sort of love in the room!
    It's the one with the damaged outer sleeve, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Collected the Atari 7800 & carts from MalvinMcPot today and the Vectrex multicart was waiting for me when I got home.
    I'd played enough 7800 on emulator to know not to expect much from it but wanted one all the same. Rubbish console needs some love too :) - except the CDi, I do have my limits.

Got O1s1n's old Vectrex working again but needs calibration. This multi game cart is pre-programmed non-writeable but does have the much needed 'Test' application on it. Much cheaper than the flash versions as well.

7945330720_284614a7a2_c.jpg

I like to think I started the Vectrex madness here...
    Such a wonderful system, truly what retrogaming is all about, eclectic, unique, beautiful.

Master of the Universe

Now that I no longer own one, I am of the opinion that they are overrated, rubbish and annoying.

:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Havent got much lately gaming wise, picked up a new multimeter, a high voltage probe for discharging arcade monitors, Chrome and White tmolding and few lcd handhelds and these through trades

IMG_2592.jpg

Ive sent off the chassis off one my cabs to be fixed too. cant wait to get it back!

Tailspin nice.

Master of the Universe

That Atari 7800 really looks minty fresh by the way. Nice one. :)

Got my hands on the PC Engine today - no controller yet though. So I'm distracting myself by buying a few games.

Just got a nice condition Fantasy Zone. Have my eye on a couple more auctions ending soon.

fantasyzone.jpg

fantasyzone2.jpg

Some xbox love!

AFB094AA-19E6-4B79-9BF4-756941F29373-2600-000001DC9F93E465.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I like to think I started the Vectrex madness here...
    Such a wonderful system, truly what retrogaming is all about, eclectic, unique, beautiful.

Indeed, it really is a lovely piece of kit and should be preserved for as long as possible.

Master of the Universe

One more!

starsoldier.jpg

Hu cards rock :pac:

Grabbed By The Ghoulies really is one of those hidden gems

• Advertisement

Grabbed By The Ghoulies really is one of those hidden gems

I spotted i there and remebered hearing it was either really good or really bad. Took a punt at €3.50 though!

Also just ordered this (this was the game I was talking about at nom con retr0!):

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's on PSN. Must get it. The description on PSN is hilarious, even the publisher admits it's awful!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's on PSN. Must get it. The description on PSN is hilarious, even the publisher admits it's awful!

It's probably cheaper to buy it. Worked out at under a fiver posted from England.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Ive sent off the chassis off one my cabs to be fixed too. cant wait to get it back!

Out of curiosity Keith, who/where did you send it? I'm thinking of doing this with my own to get the flyback replaced, as the board itself is otherwise grand I only recapped it about two years ago it'd be a shame to just buy another 2nd hand one which could fail again before long

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Back from Tokyo and picked up a good bit of stuff, I'll take and upload some pics when feeling human again. Here's a PC-Engine one though:

B826A8B0.jpg

Master of the Universe

That's some PCE lot! Can we turn this console into the new boards.ie 'must have'? :D

Not games related, but our mighty mod will like this. One of my other addictions is collecting original art from 2000AD. I've always wanted something by Simon Bisley, but his work sells for thousands.

This just popped up in my ebay alerts and I bought it without thinking - It's my favourite comic ever (the Bisley artwork would make your eyes bleed in amazement) with a sketch by the man himself on the inside cover. Absolutely amazing to have. I are chuffed :)

Capture-10.jpg

snip2.jpg

A copy of Gigawing for the DC is winging its way from Spain as we speak, happy days!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

I'm loving the Fantasy Zone fanboyism that's been going the last couple of pages. I've got still indentations on my thumb from obsessively playing the NES/Tengen version this week.

Fantasy Zone, I had it on the Megadrive back in the day and just couldn't get into it at all.
    I remember bringing it back and picking something else.
    Felt too slow, I preferred Pop'n Twinbee and Parodius for my candy coloured Shmups!

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »

Capture-10.jpg

That's the picture I have a signed print of, except a moron many year's ago wrote on it in pencil.

I wonder what that would be worth trading for?

Must get it restored, if possible, and framed, then charge..... 1billion dollars!!!

Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That's the picture I have a signed print of, except a moron many year's ago wrote on it in pencil.

I remember seeing it in your attic alright :)

I do have another drawing by him, but it's not a very good one. Just a prelim sketch for some American football Minotaur character I've never seen before.

Super Fantasy Zone on the Megadrive is brilliant! It's one of the rare cases where a Megadrive game is a Jap/Eu exclusive. Never saw a release in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

Few more N-Gage titles along with the fabled PS1 I'm reliably informed is worth millions..... Zanzibari dollars perhaps.

Looks like I just bought a PS Vita for 100 on Adverts!
    Seems too good to be true but we'll wait and see!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭valleyoftheunos

cue total radio silence from seller and 100+ "Me next" posts.

Only messing, hope it works out for you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I was just about to stick in a "Next in line"...!

Looks slightly dodgy, but here's hoping it works out.

• Advertisement

Great find if its legit, wifi model too

Great find if its legit, wifi model too

not sure which adverts this is but wifi is the base model on the vita.

Steve SI wrote: »
    not sure which adverts this is but wifi is the base model on the vita.

As opposed to 3G? Personally I'd much prefer a wi-fi one

As opposed to 3G? Personally I'd much prefer a wi-fi one

You know the 3G also has wifi as well as GPS?

Steve SI wrote: »
    You know the 3G also has wifi as well as GPS?

Ah I did not know that! I thought it was one or the other

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement