Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

That's some mighty fine stuff :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Atlus better hurry up and bring Soul Hackers to the US, and Persona 2 as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Haven't posted here a while, I got a boxed snes off a chap who posts here sometimes from adverts. It's all in very nice condition, judging from the condition inside its never been used. He threw in DKC1, joe and mac and some other game I cant remember now along with the all stars cart for 70 quid which I thought was a really fair price

Shamelessly stealing his advert pics :pac:

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e263364997cdb397fc5c843026f1f1e0158be1.jpg

2ro2493.png

262maf9.png

It came with all the inserts and manuals and stuff aswell which is awesome, thanks montgomeryclift

I picked up NBA jam boxed and complete along with an NTSC super smash tv complete for cheap from a uk seller aswell, think i got them 12 quid including delivery

Forgot to mention that snes version is the same one I had as a kid, so added nostalgia :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No pics of Wild Guns. :(
    I see it's on on eBay now and is already up to €50 with €25 post.
    I don't get why though, as there is a merry good carr in Germany with no damage for €65 including post.
    Do people not search around on eBay before they start throwing down stupid money?

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    No pics of Wild Guns. :(
    I see it's on on eBay now and is already up to €50 with €25 post.
    I don't get why though, as there is a merry good carr in Germany with no damage for €65 including post.
    Do people not search around on eBay before they start throwing down stupid money?

Yeah I posted about it in the general thread, I guess there's no point being bitter towards the guy selling it but its fair annoying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just got Binary Domain, for the 360, for a mere 11.99 in HMV in Swords, brand spanking new.
    It's actually supposed to be quite good so I look forward to playing it soon... some time in 2013/2014...

nuxxx wrote: »
    Yeah I posted about it in the general thread, I guess there's no point being bitter towards the guy selling it but its fair annoying

Just seen the posts there now. I'm not frustrated at your guy trying to get the best price for his game.
    What is annoying me is people pushing up the prices of stuff by bidding without checking elsewhere first.
    That game will prob go for about €80 plus the mad postage price, when a bit of browsing shall bring up a better copy for €65 all in.

I should of just offered asking on Sunday when it came up and paid him by PayPal. Stupid me trying to haggle the price.
    Damn you gamechasers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just got Binary Domain, for the 360, for a mere 11.99 in HMV in Swords, brand spanking new.
    It's actually supposed to be quite good so I look forward to playing it soon... some time in 2013/2014...

Weird, weird game. Its like a chest high walls shooter mixed with motivational speaker/cheerleader simulator.

*team-mate does anything competently*

You: "Great job!" :)

Them: "Aww shucks. Thanks!" :o

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That game will prob go for about €80 plus the mad postage price, when a bit of browsing shall bring up a better copy for €65 all in.

You reckon it will go for 80e? I think it might go for alot more but maybe the ntsc version is more expensive

I seen NTSC copies going for mental money a while ago, thanks for the heads up on the German ebay though, will definitely get a copy from there at some point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I'll slowly get round to taking pics, but here's just an example of how amazingly good the condition of typical 2nd hand stuff is in Japan. Not so much as a crease in the instruction manuals or anything

76B8C894.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Its decent - not amazing by any stretch, but the combat is well designed and the story engaging the way only quirky Japanese games with overlong cutscenes and cliched characters can be.

nuxxx wrote: »
    You reckon it will go for 80e? I think it might go for alot more but maybe the ntsc version is more expensive

I seen NTSC copies going for mental money a while ago, thanks for the heads up on the German ebay though, will definitely get a copy from there at some point

US NTSC carts go for big bucks. As I said there's one for €65 in Germany and completed listings show that they can go for around €60. If it goes for more than €80 it's ridiculous! But then prices are ever creeping up.

That's pretty sick cause Wild Guns is a game I've been wanting for a long time. Never thought I would get my hands on it for that kind of price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Collected a NTSC boxed SNES ( thanks Dr Bob ):D......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

More moderns purchases today. Stuntman ignition on the 360 for €4 and house of the dead 2 & 3 return on the wii for €9. Really liked the first stuntman on the ps2 so interested to see what the sequel is like.

• Advertisement

Its decent - not amazing by any stretch, but the combat is well designed and the story engaging the way only quirky Japanese games with overlong cutscenes and cliched characters can be.

Its like the whole game's story - all the dialogue, body language, decision making, team chemistry and culture has a subtext that reads: "A message from the guys who made this: Our only research for anything foreign comes from foreign action films and existing assumptions about foreigners. :D" and you can't tear your eyes away from it.

Everything is seen through a lens consisting of no primary research whatsoever.

Its compulsive, unbearable, hilarious, genuinely offensive, tiresome, and exhilarating, and there is nothing in there whatsoever to suggest its cunningly informed satire.

They simply made it this way without realising how ludicrously off everything is before *any* sci-fi elements or drama gets introduced to the equation.

I love it so much when Sega goes full retard.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Collected a NTSC boxed SNES ( thanks Dr Bob ):D......

Buggerit!!!
    I wanted one of those!

Buggerit!!!
    I wanted one of those!

Millennium hand and shrimp.
    Quack

Forget Red Dwarf quotes, Pratchett references are where the hip cats are at!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Something else non games related, but feck it!

In celebration of the new Dredd film out this week, I thought I'd buy a prop from the old one.

This is a screen used/matched 'Hero' prop as they call them. It's from the bit in the court scene where Hershey is defending Dredd.

2w5ri4l.jpg

euipw4.jpg

Yep, that does mean it has been touched by mid 90s Diane Lane. :pac:

17889126-17889128-large.jpg

• Advertisement

I say you're sniffing it as we speak....

Forget Red Dwarf quotes, Pratchett references are where the hip cats are at!

I dunno, give a man a Pratchett quote and it only lasts for one moment, give him a red dwarf quote, however, and it's goes round and round for ever.

Master of the Universe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Not really retro but I finally picked up a mint copy of the Metroid Trilogy off advets and a new copy of Vanquish from gamestop during the week.

p1020404o.jpg

Metroid Trilogy is brilliant, the first two games work really well with the addition of the Wii controls and the third game, Corruption, is also good, if a little easy.
    But that's ok after the ball-breaker Echoes turned out to be!

Vanquish, I'm not best qualified to comment as I have yet to start it in anger but others here have good things to say.

That 'Turtles edition' NES box was the one I got as a kid, is it actually that hard to find? I imagine the packaging is long gone on mine though.

Master of the Universe

Saw this on ebay, had to buy it because it's just so damn weird.

Armed Police Batrider - but a PC version. Only released in Korea.

batrider.jpg

Those are just an old version of Mame on a disc and one game that auto starts , these are pirated games and in no way official .
    I ordered this :

http://www.ebay.nl/itm/PSIKYO-BEST-COLLECTION-GUNBIRD-2-1945-PLUS-TENGAI-NEW-PC-GAME-/261034347925

But he had send me this :
    DSCF5517.jpg

I contacted him and he will send me the right game on Monday, he let me keep this one but the quality is terrible .
    One disc was scratched and still sealed .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Saw them recently too and remember reading Mame mentioned somewhere. No sense paying for something that's already free. Unless you like the packaging. :)

• Advertisement

If I get the "Psikyo best collection" I will just keep it sealed, that way it still looks a bit impressive !

Master of the Universe

Awh well, only cost a tenner, so no loss! :)

Just picked up Akai Katana for the 360 from Amazon for 18 delivered.
    Not bad, Googling it I find Johnny U had a crack at it in May and liked it.
    Looking forward to being completely dumbfounded by the scoring and combat system yet again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Pickup FF7 for the Playstation, where oh where can I get the time for all these..

Master of the Universe

Do you currently have a job?

There lies your first problem :pac:

Pickup FF7 for the Playstation, where oh where can I get the time for all these..

Heed Retr0gamers advice on the matter. Get NTSC Versions.

Between the 50/60Hz speed difference and the length of RPGs of FF7's ilk you've probably enough time to complete another game as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Procured Mario Kart Double Dash today from Dr Bob, cheers dude.

Got a few games in exchange for some surplus GC games I had off a lad on Adverts, sound lad too into the Jap DC stuff.
    p1020406er.jpg

I love the Japanese GBA boxes, the artwork is great and they're a neat size too. Bought Rocket Slime for GBA the other week based on the box art (and the fact that it's a pretty great game of course!)

Does the guy off adverts have any other Japanese handheld stuff?

• Advertisement

ghostchant wrote: »
    I love the Japanese GBA boxes, the artwork is great and they're a neat size too. Bought Rocket Slime for GBA the other week based on the box art (and the fact that it's a pretty great game of course!)

Does the guy off adverts have any other Japanese handheld stuff?

I think he has one other GBA game on adverts, he was telling me he got stuff from Lik Sang in the past and may have some more games going on Adverts. I have to compliment you on your haul from Japan, the condition of the used games over there is amazing compared with some of the tat over here. The link to the seller,
    http://www.adverts.ie/search/user-614014/status_active/type_all

EnterNow wrote: »
    Procured Mario Kart Double Dash today from Dr Bob, cheers dude.

Great game, a must have Gamecube title.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Oh Lik Sang - perhaps amongst the cruelest things Sony has ever done :( Only people its closure hurt were the people who probably have given Sony the most money in the first place.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Oh Lik Sang - perhaps amongst the cruelest things Sony has ever done :( Only people its closure hurt were the people who probably have given Sony the most money in the first place.

:confused:

You just wake up from a coma or something recent in the news?

Andrew76 wrote: »
    :confused:

You just wake up from a coma or something recent in the news?

Nope, just saw Lik Sang mentioned in the post above and was recalling one of the most concrete examples that Sony are a shower of bastards.

I have refused to buy any Sony hardware since. Their prices were so much better than Play-Asia.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 697 ✭✭✭kevin2me

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I have refused to buy any Sony hardware since. Their prices were so much better than Play-Asia.

LIK-SANG!!! How I miss u, Bought all my GC Stuff off them, Panasonic Q and all.
    SONY ye are some asses!!! I also hated them since they killed great company
    just over bloody PSP Sales.

I couldnt care less if they went under with all the debt companys built up, xbox360 is 100 times machine PS3 is. Least MS trying to make great dashboards and give people what they want. Pity they charge Online, but worth it vs sony, Id love to see them fall to 3rd behind Nintendo\MS. Wishful thinking.

I'm not a fan of Sony these days, but the 360 dash has gradually refocused from playing games to selling you things, not fun.
    Only Nintendo have kept the focus where it should be.

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Got a few games in exchange for some surplus GC games I had off a lad on Adverts, sound lad too into the Jap DC stuff.
    p1020406er.jpg

Enjoy the games man :) It really was such a shame sony caused them to shut, they had fantastic deals on stuff. I got the majority of my DC collection there and some other stuff really cheap back in the day. Only real solution I've found since is taobao but can cost a bit when you add the shipping costs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sony took them out in the most asshole way possible, taking Lik Sang to court in every single country in Europe that would let them. Sony were totally in the wrong since what they were arguing went against every free market law going but since they took out a case in so many countries it meant that in some cases Lik Sang had to represent themselves in multiple places at the same time and didn't have the money to defend themselves. ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sony took them out in the most asshole way possible, taking Lik Sang to court in every single country in Europe that would let them. Sony were totally in the wrong since what they were arguing went against every free market law going but since they took out a case in so many countries it meant that in some cases Lik Sang had to represent themselves in multiple places at the same time and didn't have the money to defend themselves. ****.

Yep, pure a$$hole move on their part.

psnheader.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement