Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I bid on this a while ago and could only afford to pay for it today. Not totally sure why I ordered the Japanese version... I think I had some drink on me at the time.

Anyway my Shenmue 1 disc hasn't worked in aaaaaaaaaaaages so I think I was looking for replacements online. Very nice that it comes with the soundtrack too.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/320982954594?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sonic Wings Special with spine card and bonus mini soundtrack. Now if only my Saturn wasn't in a box in another house! I wanna fly like a dolphin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Achilles wrote: »
    So I bid on this a while ago and could only afford to pay for it today. Not totally sure why I ordered the Japanese version... I think I had some drink on me at the time.

Anyway my Shenmue 1 disc hasn't worked in aaaaaaaaaaaages so I think I was looking for replacements online. Very nice that it comes with the soundtrack too.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/320982954594?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

Very nice, is the text in it in English?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

As far as I know if you want to have the english text and dialogue you have to invest a little more and buy US Shenmue.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQUNnAq8tEq39xvN7RV8P-f6cN6k-LumkIdKxgJLIT562J0VBlrrw

EnterNow wrote: »
    Very nice, is the text in it in English?

I don't think so, doesn't matter to me though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I don't think so, doesn't matter to me though.
    I speak and read a bit, I offer 5 euro for it :D

Steve SI wrote: »
    I speak and read a bit, I offer 5 euro for it :D

Do you work for The Rage now?

Do you work for The Rage now?

howdareyousi128586301989637951.jpg

howdareyousi128586301989637951.jpg

Ok I'm sorry....

I'd normally let it go for €100 but as it's you... you can have it for €99.99.

It is rare you know...

• Advertisement

Ok I'm sorry....

I'd normally let it go for €100 but as it's you... you can have it for €99.99.

It is rare you know...

You're being very mean to me :(
    Feck this, I'm off to Jamma+ where they know how to treat a guy right :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got a cps1 Jamma kick harness today. no need for pics its just wires. :D hooked it up and it works.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You're being very mean to me :(
    Feck this, I'm off to Jamma+ where they know how to treat a guy right :D

Miaow!

I wonder who that might have been directed at?

Careful now, don't want to upset any natives!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Miaow!

I wonder who that might have been directed at?

Careful now, don't want to upset any natives!

I know, twas a bit bold.
    I just want him back so I can slag him off a bit, and in turn get slagged :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I know, twas a bit bold.
    I just want him back so I can slag him off a bit, and in turn get slagged :(

We're all feelin' it man....

Time to derail the thread?

250px-RedDwarfShipOriginal.jpg

• Advertisement

Nope, a certain Red Dwarf meme has lost a lustre it once had.
    It may be sometime before musings on the nature of white holes becomes a source of much amusement.
    Perhaps the Beers tomorrow night will reinvigorate us!

Just picked up in GS Elite Beat Agents and a curiosity called Prey the Stars: Gabu Gabu Planet, for the DS and all for a tenner.
    Going now to collect another DC rumble pack and a DC controller extension cable for another tenner!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just bought a CDi game I was looking for for a while. I'll not say what it is to annoy people and bring back some memes :P

It's Zennith

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Just bought a CDi game I was looking for for a while. I'll not say what it is to annoy people and bring back some memes :P

[COLOR="White"]It's Zennith[/COLOR]

So, What Is It?

Oh, that's what it is....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had some money left over on the O2 card so bought this absolute classic from PSN:

• Advertisement

I was about to buy Spelunky for my son, who has just finished the demo, but it's 1200 points!!!
    Is it worth that sort of pointage?
    Seems a tad steep tbh.

I was about to buy Spelunky for my son, who has just finished the demo, but it's 1200 points!!!
    Is it worth that sort of pointage?
    Seems a tad steep tbh.

It's a huge game, randomly generated levels, it can last forever. I'm still playing the free PC version and supposedly the 360 one is even better.

Sorry Retr0, regarding uncovering your massive.... GET!
    My quoting seems to have uncovered your secret and the surprise, and I don't think I'm over stating the way we all feel, purchase for the CDi was spoiled somewhat.
    So,
    Sorry Retr0.
    I feel like reporting myself to the mods as, well, how often are you going to get to do a GET when it comes to a machine so bereft of anything worthwhile to GET?

So, apologies again, I shall not sleep for some seconds this evening over this... ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

jvs17-connectors.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

This is what I got today <3
    DSC_0252.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Yay.
    IMG_0351.jpg
    My first N64. Now I have to go and sample this supposed terrible quality thee keep talking about.

Well terrible video quality through the composite cable. A lot of the N64's library has aged really badly, particularly Rare's games but you have two ageless classics with Lylat Wars and Mario 64.

You'e only problem is you bought a PAL machine. If you are considering collecting N64 games in anything other than a casual manner you really need to collect NTSC. Better library, no slowdown and cheaper games that offset the cost of shipping the console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Dale Parish

Well terrible video quality through the composite cable. A lot of the N64's library has aged really badly, particularly Rare's games but you have two ageless classics with Lylat Wars and Mario 64.

You'e only problem is you bought a PAL machine. If you are considering collecting N64 games in anything other than a casual manner you really need to collect NTSC. Better library, no slowdown and cheaper games that offset the cost of shipping the console.

It gets worse... it's RF :pac::pac:
    Fair enough, I'll have a look at getting a NTSC one... (no doubt I'll be converted to NTSC then and forced to replace all my consoles :pac: )

You know, I think you've said something like that before Retr0 :)

http://www.boards.ie/search/submit/?query=aged+badly&forum=94%2C94&user=7371%2C7371%2C7371&date_from=03-11-2002&date_to=28-09-2012

If you are going to go the PAL route then a must to get is the modified PAL s-video cables from Consolegoods.co.uk. A normal S-video cable won't work and this is the only place to get the modified ones. It will give near RGB levels of video quality.

Of course with NTSC you get s-video out of the box and can modify most models to RGB.

I'm only recommending NTSC because most of my collection is PAL and it's a big regret of mine that I never went for NTSC until recently because I feel I have to replace my PAL collection since NTSC offers such big advantages especially considering the low framerates of most N64 games.

• Advertisement

You know, I think you've said something like that before Retr0 :)

What can I say? I'm a videogaming prophet of the truth.

What can I say? I'm a videogaming prophet of the truth.

prophet1.gif

More like...
    Heydt_42stProphet_1995-Medium.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

demonssoulsarrival.jpg

YAY my copy of demon's souls arrived today and in way better nick than it was described :D

Also my friend knew I "was into those ****ty castlevania games" so handed me his copy of SON when I was down in his house :eek:
    Missing the manual, he said that its probably in another case somewhere but the game and inners are perfect. Plastic case needs replacing though.

Danonino. wrote: »
    Also my friend knew I "was into those ****ty castlevania games" so handed me his copy of SON when I was down in his house :eek:

He got everything he deserves by giving that game away for what he said about Vania!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

I have the great looking Pal 2 disc SOTN version but when I played it on my PS2 it had huge stinking borders .
    Is there any way to play it full screen or am I screwed because of Pal ? :(

I think I have the Japan version also somewhere but that didn't work on my PS3 , should probably work on my modded PS2 but I have to dig out that one sometime to check .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

He got everything he deserves by giving that game away for what he said about Vania!

Oh i said it to him that he could sell it for a fair bit but he said he knew i would appreciate it and if I did sell it to give him some of the profits :) He also said it was nearly binned too many times to count.
    I didn't have the heart to just take it from him without letting him know it was rare. If it was a stranger though ;)

Wonder if he will find the manual, as I was thinking of using it as a bartering tool against some Cube games I'm needing and not having it complete is driving me nuts anyway :rolleyes:

Casey120 wrote: »
    am I screwed because of Pal ? :(

Pretty much.

Well, I find myself an owner of a ps3 again.
    And exchange with Alphaeagle for my under appreciated but rare as EnterNow at a Beers Samsung Nuon.
    So, spent the morning wrestling with cables and getting it to integrate with you network.
    Now to wait a fortnight while it downloads everything that was attached to my account!
    Also giving PSN plus a shot, another three months while it downloads the games there, 6gb for MotorStorm Apocalypse!

• Advertisement

Here's my few bits from the last week or so.
    Got from adverts, still can get decent stuff from there, gumtree and the eBay. Looking forward to playing both games, pity one was only rated 6/10.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Here's my few bits from the last week or so.
    Got from adverts, still can get decent stuff from there, gumtree and the eBay. Looking forward to playing both games, pity one was only rated 6/10.

Welcome to the boxed Micro club!

EnterNow wrote: »
    Welcome to the boxed Micro club!

Pink, green and grey. Stupidly going for a full set of boxed ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I've a couple of boxed ones (blue and Famicom), and unboxed grey, black/grey and pink. I buy them without even thinking. Micros are just amazing!

I picked up Ico/Sotc for the ps3 today in Smyths for 20, only reason to own a ps3 tbh!

I picked up Ico/Sotc for the ps3 today in Smyths for 20, only reason to own a ps3 tbh!

Download Journey and revise that statement.

You forgot Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Download Journey and revise that statement.

You forgot Valkyria Chronicles and Demon's Souls as well.

You forgot Tokyo Jungle :eek:

If one has a PS3 in their home, there's no convincing reason not to have played Journey (unless one is truly broke). It's the kind of game that reaffirms one's love for an entire medium.

Are they not Ps2 games, doesn't say much for the ps3 :D

Ico looks nice but SotC looks stunning in HD.
    I have downloaded Journey but have yet to play it.
    There isn't a lot I want for the system tbh. Maybe GT5 for old times sake.
    Perhaps this Dust /Eve Online thingy will be good.
    The Last Guardian is vapourware at this stage, isn't it or is it to be released after all?

Oh, Gigawing for the DC was awaiting me this morning and, upon opening the intact game case, I find a dodgy copy of Gigawing 2! Thanks Spanish Ebayer, wherever you are!
    Also got my Arcade mag cover disk of the soundtrack to Wip3out, which is mighty nice.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Make efforts to play Journey with as few distractions as possible, and make sure you're online. You only get to experience Journey once: it's two hours long and playable in one session, so make sure you make the most out of it.

Even Retr0gamer believes the hype, so you know its good!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement