Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh, and the Famicom sits beside me in the car, on the passenger seat. With what looks like a dodgy av mod already done!
    Will investigate and report back later!

Ok,
    Interesting things afoot!

Turns out the pics the seller put up were very misleading!

Those snowy, grainy pictures?

Yeah, well I don't know what he was doing but it works perfectly on my TV!

Seems to have been successfully AV modded already! (sorry Enternow!)

Not as neat as Atavans but grand.

The dodgy chinese card contains Bump'n Jump, which is nice too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pics of gtfo

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Sera wrote: »
    Afaik no, from what I remember seeing. Happy out now, kinda have enough GB games to not buy anymore for awhile.
    Not really sure, can say what I don't want, which is what I have (Sonic Advance 1 & 2, Rampage Puzzle Attack, YGO Sacred Cards and Harvest Moon FoMT) and cleared SA3, Sonic Battle and the PKMN games when I borrowed them so not looking for them yet, want new stuff that I'd play. My knowledge of GBA games is really bad.
    SCURRILOUS LIES!!
    ;)
    I did too, about 4 mins in (GBC one is about 6 mins in, GBA about 7-8 mins in)

(thank God! I thought I was going to have to look at another one!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up a
    NES to FC adapter, will this let me play Pal games right off the bat?

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just picked up a

I presume so? Though you may run into timing issues as Retr0 was explaining yesterday given that the Famicom is 60Hz.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Hmm, it might. I think the lock out chip was only in the NES and not the famicom. As said watch for timing issues.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hmm, it might. I think the lock out chip was only in the NES and not the famicom. As said watch for timing issues.

I'll run through my pal collection and see how it goes.
    Might mod one of my Zapper guns to work with it too.
    Must pick up Super Mario Bros USA as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,962 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Must pick up Super Mario Bros USA as well.

Go full Famicom with Doki Doki Panic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Collected this the other day: So here are some pics of my Atari XEGS:

20121001_204414-1.jpg

Came with a Keyboard:

20121001_204442.jpg

and a Light gun:

20121001_204519.jpg

Connected togeather they are an atari 8bit xe computer:

20121001_204542.jpg

All boxed:

20121001_204745.jpg

20121001_204739.jpg

20121001_204759.jpg

• Advertisement

Oi you've something else to post up too :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Go full Famicom with Doki Doki Panic.

You'll be needing a Disk System for that :cool: Mind you I haven't bothered playing the game since I took this pic over a year ago. Sorry if the pic's a bit big. Also SMB2/USA is an upgrade of DDP, with extra animations and the ability to run.

DSC00298.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just picked up a

Indeed it will as the Famicom doesn't have any region lockout chip or anything like that and I use one all the time.
    You will run into timing issues with the music on some games but the games will play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Dr Bob wrote: »
    SCURRILOUS LIES!!
    ;)
    I did too

Just ordered a few bits for the Famicom.
    Star Soldier, Commando and Bungeling Bay or something, anywho I'm also watching out for a cheap Super Mario USA.

Just ordered a few bits for the Famicom.
    Star Soldier, Commando and Bungeling Bay or something, anywho I'm also watching out for a cheap Super Mario USA.

You could always take a risk and get a job lot. I've gotten quite a few of them and you do get some decent games.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/WHOLE-SALE-FAMICOM-170-GREAT-LOT-JP-IMPORT-/310461893029?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4848f889a5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Yeah I second the job lot, get some good titles in them if you get the right bundle.

I got 90% of my Jap saturn games from a lot and I cleaned up. It wasnt from a regular ebay lot seller though but still worth the risk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

A package just arrived into work for me from Japan...

Waiting for the phone to charge so that I can take pics and unpack... cus I know you guys love unboxings. :P

Achilles wrote: »

Waiting for the phone to charge so that I can take pics and unpack... cus I know you guys love unboxings. :P

Yeah, just as much as we love Mystery GET!'s

Hi,
    You must be new here, welcome :)

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah, just as much as we love Mystery GET!'s

And the now sadly defunct and misunderstood "So, What Is It?" thread....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Two other items I collected over the last few days.....

Sega Genesis 3 -Thanks Enternow....;)

20121004_202242.jpg

And my swap with Ciderman for a spare PS3 I had, which I had swapped for a Laptop.:rolleyes: Wheeling and dealing......

Samsung Nuon:

20121004_202305.jpg

Came with two games and a joypad.

20121004_202341.jpg

That is all.

Philistines

Here we go:

OpPuX.jpg

nzwma.jpg

NTSC/J copy of the original Shenmue with original sound track on CD.... noice!

It'll be interesting to hear the Japanese for 'can you tell me where the sailours like to hang out?'

:D

It'll be interesting to hear the Japanese for 'can you tell me where the sailours like to hang out?'

:D

Erm.... thanks? :P

No probs, was it as interesting as you hoped?

Steve SI wrote: »
    No probs, was it as interesting as you hoped?

Now we wait to see if it has the desired effect down the pub! ;)

Now we wait to see if it has the desired effect down the pub! ;)

Cheeky bastard! :P

Incidentally:
    私は誰には、先生の前に1を持って見たことがないが、私はそれはホワイトホールだ推測している。

Cheeky bastard! :P

Incidentally:
    私は誰には、先生の前に1を持って見たことがないが、私はそれはホワイトホールだ推測している。

I don't think Red Dwarf works in Japanese :)

• Advertisement

I don't think Red Dwarf works in Japanese :)

Yeah I pasted that here after I translated it back from Japanese. Talk about gibberish.

Excuse me did you see a black car on the night the rain turned to snow? No? Smeg!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,818 ✭✭✭Relikk

Even though I've got loads of stuff since my last post in here I've been really lazy with with regard to showing them off. This one is different, though. :)

It got to the house yesterday but, I wasn't at home to receive it. :mad: (Bloody An Post. I'm in the house until 9:45 every morning and usually they're banging the door down at 8 trying to deliver stuff and the one thing I've really been waiting for in months happens to be late)

33m97wy.png

I've yet to test it but, it's in great condition if a little yellowed. AV modded, also, which brings me to ask EnterNow a question... The Famicom AV mod you did in the past, was it stereo or mono? I haven't read up on if it's possible to output stereo but, I'm sure it is. Mine is mono it appears and if it can indeed output stereo I'd like to fix that.

Hey!

I've one of those!

I must say, mine looks a lot less yellow in a photo!

The Famicom does too! ;)

TyTi6.jpg

WooHoo, Famicoms for everyone.
    At least I might have some local customers for my massive stash of Famicom games when I eventually stick them up for sale.

At least I might have some local customers for my massive stash of Famicom games when I eventually stick them up for sale.

Massive stash of Famicom games? Your shop will ruin me.

ghostchant wrote: »
    Massive stash of Famicom games? Your shop will ruin me.

Well, I've been building up some stock as things came my way.
    I didn't realise the number of famicom games had gotten so high. I'll probably start selling them on ebay in the next while to get the number down a bit as it ridiculous.

I must say, mine looks a lot less yellow in a photo!

Yeah mine too. You can see it's original glory just lying underneath the power and reset stickers. :rolleyes:

Can one restore the metal finish on the controllers?
    That's the one thing that lets it down.
    But otherwise it's a beaut.
    I seem to be bidding on Famicom carts all over the place!
    A job lot would be ideal but I'm not spending that sort of money on a gamble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Can one restore the metal finish on the controllers?
    That's the one thing that lets it down.
    But otherwise it's a beaut.
    I seem to be bidding on Famicom carts all over the place!
    A job lot would be ideal but I'm not spending that sort of money on a gamble.

I'd go halves on you with a job lot if you wanted? Need to boost up my famicom collection too.

• Advertisement

@Relikk -Yep the one I done for Atavan was mono. They can be stereo modded but its a totally different mod :)

What, and we end up fighting over the one copy of Rockman!

No, I think I'm pretty happy slowly building up a little collection as it is tbh.

And, unusually, my pal Nes has started working again, somehow....
    At least those titles that don't work on the Fami work on something!

EnterNow wrote: »
    @Relikk -Yep the one I done for Atavan was mono. They can be stereo modded but its a totally different mod :)

Cheers. I'll leave it as it is, so.

Just picked up this non working Astro Wars for silly low money.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110960509627&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

$%28KGrHqF,!iMF!yVF-WY3BQbddD%28S2!~~60_1.JPG$T2eC16FHJI!E9qSO8HHQBQbddHu,T!~~60_1.JPG

If I can fix it great, if not its Raspberry Pi fodder :)
    I already have a boxed and complete one in minty condition but that was the problem, only one.

Non working, so it's just marginally less fun than a working one!
    I have one here, some numpty tried to do a home made mains wire into the body of the machine, presumably after the original socket was damaged.
    Never mind, batteries power it just fine.

Oh, and just won Balloon Fight for the FC for 1cent!
    Okay, so it's $7 shipping, but that's still only around €5 all together, which is nice for a classic.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

@Relikk: Nice Duo-R peeking out from the shadows. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

note to self: don't buy a famicom if you want to keep your job

Incredible!
    Fastest shipping from the UK ever!
    My US Super Ninty, bought the other day and shipped yesterday morning is NOW in Parcel Motel for collection ALREADY!
    Mental and I reckon I'll be using this service a lot more, with performance like this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Just picked up this non working Astro Wars for silly low money.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110960509627&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:GB:1123

$%28KGrHqF,!iMF!yVF-WY3BQbddD%28S2!~~60_1.JPG$T2eC16FHJI!E9qSO8HHQBQbddHu,T!~~60_1.JPG

If I can fix it great, if not its Raspberry Pi fodder :)
    I already have a boxed and complete one in minty condition but that was the problem, only one.

Astro wars, my first every game as a kid. got it for christmas one year. ive a complete working one and a non working i tried to fix. what can you do with rasberry pi? but a pc in it??

There are two versions of it, one has red Astro Wars across the top, one with white, i think the red was the earlier version.

Oh, and just won Balloon Fight for the FC for 1cent!
    Okay, so it's $7 shipping, but that's still only around €5 all together, which is nice for a classic.

Very good price for a great game. Goes for a good deal more than that in Akihabara at least

keithgeo wrote: »
    Astro wars, my first every game as a kid. got it for christmas one year. ive a complete working one and a non working i tried to fix. what can you do with rasberry pi? but a pc in it??

There are two versions of it, one has red Astro Wars across the top, one with white, i think the red was the earlier version.

Yep, computer and screen and probably a decent amount of storage.
    I'll have to see what options I have once I get it open.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement