Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I is not pleased!
    Opened the box to gaze upon my Super Nintendo and what do I find but damage to both rear corners of the console, the damage on the power socket side is serious, hopefully only cosmetic.
    I don't know if some numpty in Royal Mail did it or the Night line shipping people did it or even that the seller just shipped it that way.
    I have fired off an email to the seller expressing my disappointment.
    Not sure what comeback I have tbh, we'll see.
    Anyone here have any tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I is not pleased!
    Opened the box to gaze upon my Super Nintendo and what do I find but damage to both rear corners of the console, the damage on the power socket side is serious, hopefully only cosmetic.
    I don't know if some numpty in Royal Mail did it or the Night line shipping people did it or even that the seller just shipped it that way.
    I have fired off an email to the seller expressing my disappointment.
    Not sure what comeback I have tbh, we'll see.
    Anyone here have any tips?

Item Not As Described

However, return post will be down to you. What was a the packing like, was it well protected?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »

Item Not As Described

However, return post will be down to you. What was a the packing like, was it well protected?

It was wrapped by someone at home but well, plenty of bubble wrap, newspaper.
    If it works I'll keep it.
    I would love a few bob back off of the price, cost around 70 euro including postage.

It was wrapped by someone at home but well, plenty of bubble wrap, newspaper.
    If it works I'll keep it.
    I would love a few bob back off of the price, cost around 70 euro including postage.

If it was well wrapped, & the outer packaging shows no signs of damage where the console damage is...then its safe to guess that it was shipped that way. Deffo be looking for a few quid back.

Mine cost €85 delivered from the states & it was yellow & damage free, so he should throw you back something

Well I didn't look specifically for cash back but I am leaving it in his hands. It looks like drop damage tbh, it seemed well wrapped up but, who knows, I'm not sure how this is going to work out, given that he will maintain it was fine when sent.
    I guess I could argue that it should have been properly packaged.
    I'm still waiting for my reply, fingers crossed!
    It works by the way,
    It plays everything I have throw at, jap Super BC Kid NTSC Jap, Godzilla NTSC US, Aladdin, Cybernator, Parodius and Super Probotector, all Pal.
    So, I ain't sending it back!

It plays everything I have throw at, jap Super BC Kid NTSC Jap, Godzilla NTSC US, Aladdin, Cybernator, Parodius and Super Probotector, all Pal.
    So, I ain't sending it back!

It's an easy mod to do, don't let it hold you back in any complaint action :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭pdbhp

Went buck wild today an bought for €7 one of the best DS games ever.....

Custom Robo Arena :D:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Saw Pandoras Tower for the Wii in gamestop Henry Street today. Wanted to pick it up as I think it'll be a future rare (plus it's also meant to be a great game) - but was far too expensive at 45 euro.

Decided against it...then went into HMV next door and they had two copies for 23 euro. Score!

Master of the Universe

Gave in and bought a Turbo Everdrive. Sick of looking at my PCE with only three games to play on the thing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

o1s1n wrote: »
    Gave in and bought a Turbo Everdrive. Sick of looking at my PCE with only three games to play on the thing!

Are you on the waiting list for the deluxe version?

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

Nope, just got the PCB version from Retrogate. I didn't know they were doing a deluxe version. Just gave it a google and the prototype looks interesting alright.

Not too bothered in this case really though, the PCB version will do be grand :)

Just picked up, on ebay, Starfox for my US Snes for 9 euro posted.
    Happy days.
    Looking forward to playing the game at the right speed at last!

Just picked up, on ebay, Starfox for my US Snes for 9 euro posted.
    Happy days.
    Looking forward to playing the game at the right speed at last!

Mmmonkey actually has a guide up about overclocking it too which I might look at some time

Master of the Universe

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You put a super FX 2 chip in instead dont you?

Anyone ever see the bonus stage from the unreleased Megadrive game ResQ?

This is running on stock Megadrive hardware without any extra DSP or Super FX type chips or anything. Pretty impressive.

Master of the Universe

o1s1n wrote: »
    Oh yeah, I forgot about that. You put a super FX 2 chip in instead dont you?

Anyone ever see the bonus stage from the unreleased Megadrive game ResQ?

This is running on stock Megadrive hardware without any extra DSP or Super FX type chips or anything. Pretty impressive.

I just gave that a go on real hardware, tis pretty amazing to see. Here are the codes if you want to access those stages and play it on an Everdrive -

3d Stage - PHGAC

3d Stage - IHIBA

3d Stage - SHCIB

That's Blast Processing right there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

A bit of car booty.

WDEID.jpg

The screen is better than the pic shows.

Also picked up a dozen GameCube games, nothing too exciting.

Just bought Gradius and Gradius 2 for the Famicom.
    With Salamander (Life Force) on the way and Gradius Gaiden, the compilation of Gradius 3 + 4 and the superb Gradius V already in the collection the only console games I'll be missing are the GB and GBA Gradius titles, I'm not likely to get the iOS or MSX titles anytime soon!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,963 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You're forgetting Gradius rebirth on Wiiware, and the X68000 exclusive game. There's also the arcade only solar assault. I also have to mention that the SNES version of Gradius 3 is much different to the Arcade version and, imo, muh better. The MSX games are also unique Gradius titles :P

• Advertisement

Hmm, I wonder if the Wiiware titles will make the move to the Wii U?
    Either way I have to wonder if there is the type of permanence in the digital download titles as there is inherent in the carts?
    I mean, given the Famicom titles in have ordered are over 25 years old.
    I may pick up the PSP compilation as well, but as I said the MSX versions are unlikely to appear in my collection any time soon.
    I have been surprised though at how expensive the gba titles are, folk are looking for 40 euro plus for that game

Either way I have to wonder if there is the type of permanence in the digital download titles as there is inherent in the carts?

I often wonder that too, can you see yourself being able to play digitally bought content in another 25 years? Then again, looking at current gen reliability, even if you could, I doubt very much you'll be able to play in on original hardware.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,963 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm pretty sure I heard that Wiiware will be available on the WiiU and will be much better implemented than DSiWare on the 3DS were only select games made it.

I just have to put the brakes on, buying way too many games.
    I will get Super Mario USA on that lovely pink cart and call it quits for little while.
    Unless Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi and Indiana Jones pop up for small money, then I might jump right back in!

I just have to put the brakes on, buying way too many games.
    I will get Super Mario USA on that lovely pink cart and call it quits for little while.
    Unless Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi and Indiana Jones pop up for small money, then I might jump right back in!

Super Empire & Jedi are for nothing if you go cart only

Not retro but I got Inazuma Eleven Strikers on the Wii today, a game I was worried didn't exist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not retro but I got Inazuma Eleven Strikers on the Wii today, a game I was worried didn't exist.
    I seen that locally and was very very tempted but its either that or finally grabbing resident evil 2+3 for the cube :(
    being broke sucks. I need advice :pac: Should I go for Inazuma hoping its an investment or buy The Residents knowing I'll play and keep forever...

Picked up Beyond Good and Evil and XII for the cube last week from a friendly adverts seller :D Also grabbed Zack and Wiki and it has been making feel very very stupid all day :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So... anybody got any copies of Star Trek The Next Generation on SNES or Mega Drive that they want me to get signed by Patrick Stewart next Friday? :P

No, but you can tell him he was great on The Daily Show the other evening.

Just got Illusion of Gaia, for free :)

Just got Illusion of Gaia, for free :)

How did you manage that, it's worth quite a bit?

• Advertisement

How did you manage that, it's worth quite a bit?

It's not really if its cart only. I made $26 profit on the sale of two Snes games even after replacing them with NTSC so.... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180954414767&ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:GB:3160

Loads of them listed at between $15 & $20, they only get expensive when you go down the CIB road. Boxed snes games are a pain in the hole

Got a GBA SP, cheers Steve SI and thanks for the free game!

My NTSC Nes is in Chicago now only :(

Plains, Trains & Consoles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Collected this piece of awesome today. In great condition and includes the VCD addon cartridge. Not sure whether to use it as a paperweight or attempt the gay adventures of Link..

8071102157_8471368194_c.jpg

the gay adventures of Link.[/IMG]

:pac::pac:

That the one in Tallaght yeah?

Collected this piece of awesome today. In great condition and includes the VCD addon cartridge. Not sure whether to use it as a paperweight or attempt the gay adventures of Link..

You did better than me. My CD drive was broke, all the games were in French and no VCD add-on.

I suggest never playing Adventures of Link.

Zenith is pretty damn good for a CD-i game. Unfortunately it's one of those awkward ones to copy and hardly ever comes up on ebay. Consolepassion do have a copy but it's a bit pricy.

Got a GBA SP, cheers Steve SI and thanks for the free game!

No probs, glad it eventually arrived.
    Did it have customs stamps from South America, Australia and Russia on it by chance :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

My NTSC Nes is in Chicago now only :(

Plains, Trains & Consoles

Least it not Wichita. "Train don't run out of Wichita... unlessin' you're a hog or a cattle." :cool:

No custom stamps :) I've found the post very slow lately, whatever is up with them.

No custom stamps :) I've found the post very slow lately, whatever is up with them.

I was on to An Post when your delivery and a few others were taking so long.
    They told me they had some sorting issues over the last 3-4 weeks and some post had been redirected around the country.

• Advertisement

Well they are delivering to Balbriggan...
    Many An Post men died to bring you the GBA SP...

Zenith is pretty damn good for a CD-i game. Unfortunately it's one of those awkward ones to copy and hardly ever comes up on ebay. Consolepassion do have a copy but it's a bit pricy.

Tried a backup of Zenith there (burnt with imgburn), no problems with it and mildy entertaining but if thats the best CD-i can offer then this will be spending alot of time of the shelf !!

Tried a backup of Zenith there (burnt with imgburn), no problems with it and mildy entertaining but if thats the best CD-i can offer then this will be spending alot of time of the shelf !!

Damn you, I couldn't get it working at all. Crappy OEM CD burner.

Give the first two zelda games a go but give them some time, you might end up enjoying them if you don't compare them to the rest of the series. At worst you'll get a laugh out of the cut scenes.

Hotel Mario isn't bad, it's more like the old mario bros game. Expect it not too hold your attention for two long either.

Other than that there's some decent adventure games. Burn Cycle is entertaining, Kether is meant to be good as well. Secret Mission was good but in French when I played it :rolleyes:

But, yeah, it might be on the shelf soon :P

Damn you, I couldn't get it working at all. Crappy OEM CD burner.

Give the first two zelda games a go but give them some time, you might end up enjoying them if you don't compare them to the rest of the series. At worst you'll get a laugh out of the cut scenes.

Hotel Mario isn't bad, it's more like the old mario bros game. Expect it not too hold your attention for two long either.

Other than that there's some decent adventure games. Burn Cycle is entertaining, Kether is meant to be good as well. Secret Mission was good but in French when I played it :rolleyes:

But, yeah, it might be on the shelf soon :P
    Are you burning at 4x or whatever the slowest speed your burner supports?
    Most things work on my burner at 8x (CDi, 3DO, GameCube etc).

Steve SI wrote: »
    Are you burning at 4x or whatever the slowest speed your burner supports?
    Most things work on my burner at 8x (CDi, 3DO, GameCube etc).

Burning at the slowest possible. The problem is that some of the later games have music tracks less than 4 seconds long which cheap CD writers can't handle. The one in my laptop and PC happen to be cheap it seems.

Burning at the slowest possible. The problem is that some of the later games have music tracks less than 4 seconds long which cheap CD writers can't handle. The one in my laptop and PC happen to be cheap it seems.

I have an old(ish) ide cd/dvd writer in an external enclosure that works really well.
    A lot of the older writers are better at burning backups for the old retro systems I noticed.

Well it's only CDi games that give me trouble and I've bought an original copy of Zenith which was the only game of the ones that wouldn't burn that I wanted so I'm good. Thanks for the offer anyway.

I doubt the burner in my aging Dell is what you'd call quality. But as Steve points out, older burners with old stock CD-Rs do work best with these aging consoles.

Surprisingly the image quality out of the CD-i over composite is excellent, I guess they had to get something right.

Yeah it's pretty good, just a pity the 450 doesn't support RGB.

• Advertisement

Give the first two zelda games a go but give them some time, you might end up enjoying them if you don't compare them to the rest of the series.

Thats more or less like handing someone a plate of steaming hot sh1te to eat & saying, yeah, give it some time. You might end up enjoying it if you don't compare to it food.

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement