Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Have fun with the Turbo Everdrive, it's all sorts of awesome.
    I had to update mine to get it to work it right but all since have had the patch applied already, it stops issues with large sd cards.
    So many great games on that machine, make sure the little switch is in the right place according to the region of your console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

bought a joblot of Lego keyrings, had some Spongebob and a few other random ones, but really bought it for the Star Wars ones

002-5.jpg?t=1350331075
    001-11.jpg?t=1350331125

the bigger Vader one is also an LED torch btw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I was going to thank that but then I saw JarJar Binks.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I was going to thank that but then I saw JarJar Binks.

didnt realise he was in the lot til I got them, would have otherwise told them to keep him

was thinking of doing an experiment, fry him in the microwave see does he come out looking like Admiral Akbar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Have fun with the Turbo Everdrive, it's all sorts of awesome.
    I had to update mine to get it to work it right but all since have had the patch applied already, it stops issues with large sd cards.
    So many great games on that machine, make sure the little switch is in the right place according to the region of your console.

I see the deluxe version is coming along. They just need to work on the coating for the rest of the cart and it's done.

58054054096596231518956.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

No need for any of that if you've got a shuttle :)

systemsshuttle.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

The PC Engine Shuttle, how to take a perfectly great design and really work towards frakking it up!

The Turbo Everdrive Deluxe does not exist in this dojo!

What's the point?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

What does the deluxe one do differently to the normal one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

EnterNow wrote: »
    What does the deluxe one do differently to the normal one?

Functionally, absolutely nothing. Has a bit of a protective cover on it and probably a few labels/stickers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,893 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Yeah, Just a protective cover over the main electronics and I think they are coating the whole thing in some sort of plastic type stuff so it will look like a Hucard more than a pcb.
    Plus if they sell it as the deluxe you'll probably get a case, sd card etc.

• Advertisement

The one & only title I bought that had to be boxed

a45xld.jpg

t5kbjm.jpg

15etvuo.jpg

907w3b.jpg

I kept the map & secrets book from my PAL version I sold, so its cib again :)

Just got Gradius in the post for the Famicom and Starfox for the US Snes.
    Turns out the Starfox is both boxed and with instructions, which is nice!
    They arrived in work yesterday and only got them today, hopefully the rest will turn up today.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,964 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The maps and secret book are bordered and only run in 50 Hz.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Ye olde spoils from England. All current stuff as I mentioned before. Prices are still pretty much on par with the stuff over here so not a massive amount of bargains to be had.

2DADD96B-62F2-4925-9117-9CAC376EB5E2-541-000000CB03A382B8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Ye olde spoils from England. All current stuff as I mentioned before. Prices are still pretty much on par with the stuff over here so not a massive amount of bargains to be had.

2DADD96B-62F2-4925-9117-9CAC376EB5E2-541-000000CB03A382B8.jpg

You need to jailbreak that AppleTV and put XMBC on it... STAT!

Can't be jailbroken yet as it's the Apple TV 3. But will do as soon as a jailbreak is available! Mainly will be using it for airplay, tv and movies and all that jazz as it does 1080p.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The maps and secret book are bordered and only run in 50 Hz.

They have region & 60Hz switches so they're grand :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,291 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice! As much as Snes boxes annoy me, I really do love them.

I've been after ALTTP box for ages. Have absolutely all of the contents, including the tips book, but no damn box.

o1s1n wrote: »

I've been after ALTTP box for ages. Have absolutely all of the contents, including the tips book, but no damn box.

I seen a couple of empty LttP boxes for sale on ebay while I was buying that one...kinda pricey but to have a CIB LttP its a little bit worth it :)

• Advertisement

Would you not shell out for a complete copy then sell on the manuals and cart minus the box?

Would you not shell out for a complete copy then sell on the manuals and cart minus the box?

You could do that too yeah, I seen the map & secrets book also listed seperately & going for a few quid so I'd say youd do it without costing yourself too much

You could do that too yeah, I seen the map & secrets book also listed seperately & going for a few quid so I'd say youd do it without costing yourself too much

Yeah I'd say you could end up getting the box for a few euro by doing it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I'm the opposite of o1s1n, have LTTP game, box and manual, but no tips book or map.

We should duel sometime, winners takes all.
    (Do kids still duel these days?)

Master of the Universe

I'm the opposite of o1s1n, have LTTP game, box and manual, but no tips book or map.

We should duel sometime, winners takes all.
    (Do kids still duel these days?)

I tell you what, just give me the box and I'll spare your life. Sound like a deal? :pac:

Ideally I plan on doing just that, pick up a boxed/cart version and then sell on the cart.

Has to be the PAL gold box though, none of this NTSC sillyness :D

There's always this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/legend-of-zelda-link-to-the-past-pal-snes-replacement-empty-box-only-NO-GAME-/170915381090?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item27cb59bf62

bah, not real though!

Has to be the PAL gold box though, none of this NTSC sillyness :D

I went with the players choice version purely because I was sick of looking at the plain pal box I've had for years :D

Its a players choice edition or some other hogwash, I actually like it a lot more than the plain gold one :o

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

The gold one is just a pure nostalgia thing for me. My cousin got the game when it was released and that gold box is forever associated with it in my mind! :)

The gold one is just a pure nostalgia thing for me. My cousin got the game when it was released and that gold box is forever associated with it in my mind! :)

True enough, nostalgia value is through the roof with it thats for sure!

Just ordered a new 72pin connector for the US Nes I got, pricey enough little things arn't they? I couldn't get the discount code working with Rewind Bits either, it must be gone :(

Would it be possible to butcher a pal NES and mod it into a top loader?
    It might not look pretty but at least it'll play the damn games!

Would it be possible to butcher a pal NES and mod it into a top loader?
    It might not look pretty but at least it'll play the damn games!

Probably be possible to do something like that, it'd be ugly as hell though.

• Advertisement

I couldn't get the discount code working with Rewind Bits either, it must be gone :(

Tim just emailed there & said the code ran out early October, & has been renewed again now. Fair play to him, I didn't even have to ask about it & got a partial refund for the discount amount! Excellent service!

won't do pics coz they're not retro, but picked up Lollipop Chainsaw & Child of Eden today in HMV for the grand sum of €22.98

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

won't do pics coz they're not retro, but picked up Lollipop Chainsaw & Child of Eden today in HMV for the grand sum of €22.98

It's okay I only paid full price for that... what.. 4 months ago!
    That's a great price for both of those, Child of Eden is particularly good.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,964 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Looks like I'll be picking up lollipop chainsaw soon.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If Lollipop Chainsaw is around the 10-15 mark, I'll definitely pick it up. Game didn't sound interesting enough to pick up at full price, but Suda 51 and James Gunn is an unexpected combo worthy of at least a few hours.

Although really should start that copy of Yakuza: Dead Souls I picked up in there dirt cheap a few weeks ago first. And finish Rayman Origins and Dishonoured. And Tokyo Jungle.

:(

If Lollipop Chainsaw is around the 10-15 mark, I'll definitely pick it up.

LC was €17.99, CoE was €4.99

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Child of Eden was totally worth full price, so at a fiver 'tis a bargain.

While it may get more people playing it, it's also sort of a shame it received such radical price cuts both digitally and physically. It's gotten to the point where focused single-player experiences like it increasingly struggle at traditional retail prices.

all the better for us non COD fanboys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

FFS! Just bought a copy of Starfox for 9 euro posted and the money just got refunded because the guy apparently couldn't find the game

FFS! Just bought a copy of Starfox for 9 euro posted and the money just got refunded because the guy apparently couldn't find the game

€9 posted is a pretty good price, I think Cidona got the same price too. Maybe he realised he'd get a little more for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

It was a BIN on ebay so I dont know, pissed off though. The listing was only a few days old so he would have had to have taken the picture recently

I just tried out Starfox and I have to say I'm not that impressed.
    For some reason the tv isn't showing the colours right, and it's not even looking as good as the PAL Starwing through the same cable.
    Not a happy bunny.
    In other sad news, the Famicom controller no.1 needs soem TLC, not performing well with Gradius at all, so I'm going to either order a refresh pack from Rewind bits (thanks EnterNow) or cannibalise a good NES pad to do the same thing.
    Might do the latter as it's really bugging me.
    Also, the reset button on the Famicom isn't working, so I must have it looked at, although it isn't a crucial component.
    Also, while I'm griping, must see about extending the controller cables on the Famicom, those things are way too short, although some mods pop them out through the front as there is plenty of cable inside, tucked away as only a nutty ninty can.

I picked up the following this morning, all for the Gameboy, Millipede/Centipede, Cool Spot and Simons Revenge (Castlevania II).
    Cool Spot, has to be good, right?
    Cool_Spot_GEN_ScreenShot1.jpg
    Eh, no you're thinking of the MD game....
    This is the GB edition of the same thing...
    cool_spot.png
    Yeah, not bad...
    Unfortunately this is the version I just bought....
    Spot_The_Video_Game!_GBC_ScreenShot2.gif

Bugger!!!!

Also, I travelled to Islandbridge to collect this, NEVER AGAIN!
    I am not wasting my morning for games of the likes of these!
    Lifes too short!

I just tried out Starfox and I have to say I'm not that impressed.
    For some reason the tv isn't showing the colours right, and it's not even looking as good as the PAL Starwing through the same cable.
    Not a happy bunny.

Whats going on there? I tried mine out the other night & it was fine :confused:

If you're playing starfox through RF you will probably have problems. RGB it up!

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you're playing starfox through RF you will probably have problems. RGB it up!

Afaik Cidey has the room rigged with av points?

Only half of them are rigged with AV points, the other half are RF as far as I know.

Yeah, but the US Snes is going in via composite, so it should be at least serviceable.
    As I said, the picture from the Pal Snes is surprisingly crisp, through the same cable the US Snes, and Starfox, look like cr@p.

Yeah, but the US Snes is going in via composite, so it should be at least serviceable.
    As I said, the picture from the Pal Snes is surprisingly crisp, through the same cable the US Snes, and Starfox, look like cr@p.

The cable probably isn't the right job for the US Snes, they differ sever so slightly, at least when it comes to RHB Scart cables they do. Pick yourself up a scart switcher or two, & move the snes or the tv closer to each other

Oh, I'm using the port next to the TV.
    I'll see about picking up an RGB cable, see what happens.
    If I run Pal titles through the modded US Snes and an RGB cable will I see improvements?
    Also I found that Super Mario Allstars with SMW refuses, point blank, to work on the modded Snes, despite everything else, barring the Super FX titles, running fine.
    Any hints as to why this might be?

• Advertisement

Oh, I'm using the port next to the TV.
    I'll see about picking up an RGB cable, see what happens.
    If I run Pal titles through the modded US Snes and an RGB cable will I see improvements?
    Also I found that Super Mario Allstars with SMW refuses, point blank, to work on the modded Snes, despite everything else, barring the Super FX titles, running fine.
    Any hints as to why this might be?

RGB will give the best visuals, be sure to pick up the US version of the cable at consolegoods though, as it differs from the PAL one.

The console will run PAL titles fine through the US scart, no differences to the game its the console that needs it.

Regards All Stars & World, maybe it has extra protection in the cart? Try set the console to PAL & 50Hz as some games check the Hz setting as another form of protection

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement