Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Parklife, one of those things everyone should own, like kidneys and a copy of Man in the High Castle.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Won Parodius for the Nes today, the plan for total Konami shmup domination continues!
    Now to find a 360 that'll play the Otomedius games!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,565 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Two Snes boxed goodness from postman today.
    My first, and last, sealed Snes game and I can't wait to play it in its 60hz glory. Big blue well sound awesome!

The other is Rainbow Bell Adventures in all its 50hz glory. Not released in the Americas at all. It's one of the few games, bomberman 3 being another, that use Euro dopes got from Nintendo that the US didn't get.

All in all two great games, in great condition and for less than the cost of one loose Sunset Riders.

[IMG][/img]1D6BDDED-5215-40C8-9CFF-6F4D0E3AB8F0-7191-000007E16FF2977A.jpg

'Whack a bed guy...'

From the back blurb on Rainbow Bell. Not sure if its a misprint or their all bed guys.

Why do the bed guys always get the girl?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well after an extremly busy and tiring weekend I managed to get something new, not retro or game related but still awesome

550896_10151241147290349_2022302514_n.jpg

I won the gold medal at pretty much the all Ireland of BJJ competitions :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,965 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I won the gold medal at pretty much the all Ireland of BJ competitions :D

:eek:

I knew that one was coming :O

I knew that one was coming :O

Well, you would have a better view from where you'd be kneeling! ;)

Come on now, you had to know you were going to get abuse!

Wait until the photoshop fiends get done with that photo!
    You saw what happened to Retr0 and Atavan and their ill judged postings!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Congrats Jack. Although I have no idea what BJJ stands for. Bleedin Jayzus Judo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

You mean your not actually Jack Burton? Fukc this, I'm off to Jamma+

• Advertisement

Oh I know the photoshops are coming, I have braced myself.

Andrew, it stands for Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,965 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    The other is Rainbow Bell Adventures in all its 50hz glory. Not released in the Americas at all. It's one of the few games, bomberman 3 being another, that use Euro dopes got from Nintendo that the US didn't get.

Love that game, never realised it never got a US release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Managed to get a few bits from FrancoB before he took his break. Only posted last Friday and I used Parcel Motels NI address. Just picked up today.

Apologies for crap photo.

IMAG0328-1.jpg

IMAG0329-1-1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,295 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Bleedin Jayzus Judo?

You made me choke on my lunch. :pac:

Nice stuff Techno. The quality of FrancoB's work is top notch, only down downside is the long wait time with him being so busy.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice stuff Techno. The quality of FrancoB's work is top notch, only down downside is the long wait time with him being so busy.

Yeah. His work is excellent alright. High attention to detail. Luckily I had my order even before the cab arrived so the wait wasn't so bad. He also is taking a break until the new year at least. i was one of the last orders he completed.

Andrew, do you have a one player or 2 player panel in your cab?

Yeah. His work is excellent alright. High attention to detail. Luckily I had my order even before the cab arrived so the wait wasn't so bad. He also is taking a break until the new year at least. i was one of the last orders he completed.

Andrew, do you have a one player or 2 player panel in your cab?

Right now it's the original one player cp. Have a two player but took it out recently, only so I could sit centre screen.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Love that game, never realised it never got a US release.

Bomberman 3 is another one. Euro exclusivity over US, isn't a very long list. Few name changes as well contra being an obvious, a little less well know is Super Pang which became Super Buster Bros.
    And of course Zombies lost their appetite for your neighbours in Europe as well. I understand that when I see my neighbours.

Well if European exclusivity is a near guarantee of high prices it would suggest that the GAA games must really suck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So I just bought this:
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/140883470348?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

I'm not really sure why. The PC version back in the day was pretty good if you're a Star Trek fan... wouldn't mind giving it another go on the PS2 just to see what it's like.

*notsoninjaedit*

Also that video now makes me want to kill people. Thanks for that... the guy's an idiot.

• Advertisement

Sorry but the PS2 version is supposed to be utter rot while the PC version is quite good.
    The sort of compromises they made with the character models make it look like you are being persued by Minecraft inspired Star Trek characters.
    Now that may be fitting for the one dimensional and wooden Harry Kim, but it's nowhere near enough polys in the curves on Seven of Nine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Well MDK on the PS1 hasn't all that great to be honest, struggled with the controls. So picked up MDK & MDK2 on GOG for less than a fiver :)

Not sure how much longer that particular sale lasts though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

Master of the Universe

Oh you lucky man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,076 ✭✭✭safetyboy

my xmas bronntanas, no more till next crimbo...

relentless bullet hell, I love it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Sorry but the PS2 version is supposed to be utter rot while the PC version is quite good.
    The sort of compromises they made with the character models make it look like you are being persued by Minecraft inspired Star Trek characters.
    Now that may be fitting for the one dimensional and wooden Harry Kim, but it's nowhere near enough polys in the curves on Seven of Nine!
    I figured as much. It was only £3 postage included so I'm not loosing out on much. I mist try and track down copies of both games for the PC.

I remember Elite Force II being quite good although bloody hard at the same time.

Very nice safetyboy! :cool:

Master of the Universe

Just bought Halo 4 in work. I'm really not a fan, but it was only €20!

How did you manage that?
    I'm hoping to pick up Doom 3, Lollipop Chainsaw and Ridge Racer Unbounded for 40, the seller is considering my offer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,726 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up that broken US Saturn on adverts. Fuse blown, dropped in a PAL power supply and woohoo another working Saturn :)

Some genuine Taito parts

IMAG0338.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

won't bother with a photo, but got myself an NTSC-J copy of Fighter's Megamix for the Saturn

Great game, but I always wish they released a Racers Megamix as well.... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Big Box Final Fantasy crystal chronicles for the Cube arrived :D woohoo. Delighted. I was needing a replacement GBA link cable but went for the Game+Box for completions sake. Very very close to finishing my Gamecube collection but I'm horribly broke.
    Four sword's adventures is the plan this weekend, been waiting a long time to get this played.

Not retro but Finally picked up my copy of Forza Horizon. Game is very very nice to look at I must say, its also strangely addictive for a Forza game, cant put it down. First Forza since 2 that I've actually really enjoyed online and stripped down to basics the game is far more balanced and fun. Gotta say the limited edition doesn't seem to be worth it. Forza 2/3 and 4 gave great physical extras but Horizon is pretty much metal box+VIP membership. I only bought it so it would look nice on the shelf beside 2/3/4 which are all Limited which made me feel like a sucker. Its actually the first time I've ever bought a LCE and not used the dlc codes so I can decide whether I will sell it on or not O_o. Pretty sure there is a chap selling Forza 4 LCE codes on ebay for a fortune.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

I'm not normally a fan of racing games but I agree with you about forza horizon, it's fantastic. It feels like an old school racer that is accessible to all player types. I particularly love the open world aspect to it. The radio stations are great so it's fun to just aimlessly rip around the (massive) open world roads for nothing more than the fun of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭Danonino.

Gotta agree, I actually find myself trying to take the longest route to the next race so i can hopefully find some discount signs and just "cruise to the sounds of Fenix Fox on Horizon rocks" :D

Going to flip a coin tomorrow to see if I'll use the VIP codes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

GIve me a shout if you don't want the dlc codes :P

Almost finished the main "story" in horizon if you know what I mean. Fantastic game but would have liked a few more races. After I'm done with that going to hop into multiplayer some more and try out the free roam activities. Let me know if yous want to play!

Well, having forgone the madness of buying unboxed PS3 games for more than preowned prices I spent the the money on Ntsc copies of Supers Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
    I feel much better, cleaner in fact.
    Rejecting modern games for classic fare has been quite cathartic in fact!
    I have Super Star Wars all ready, a pal copy, but it works great and in full screen on the Ntsc Snes.

Well, having forgone the madness of buying unboxed PS3 games for more than preowned prices I spent the the money on Ntsc copies of Supers Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi.
    I feel much better, cleaner in fact.

Thats better, much better

EnterNow wrote: »

Yes, I lost my way for a little while but have returned to the one true path now...

So, Fifa13, worth getting or what? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

So, Fifa13, worth getting or what? ;)

Best game evar!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

safetyboy wrote: »

Wow , Doj .
    Congrats mate :D

I myself got a Doj BL PGM conversion cart recently .

DSCF5644.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Rejecting modern games for classic fare has been quite cathartic in fact!

EnterNow wrote: »

I thought he was at the gin bottle again with all his newfangled purchases:p

Today I received an email from FrancoB telling ne that one of the looms he wired for my arcade cab was wired incorrectly. Have to return it for a replacement.

No biggie though as I hadn't gotten around to needing the loom yet.

Ah!
    Parodius is now residing in the local Parcelmotel, awaiting my pin!
    It is amazing what they were doing on the Nes/Famicom.
    Gradius II is really impressive

Master of the Universe

I did the unthinkable, I just knowngly bought a boot! :D

In my defense, it's a Punisher CPS1 boot. The real board has a double suicide battery (!), is crazy hard to come across in a working condition and sells for a fortune.

Really looking forward to getting this, it's probably my next favourite arcade beat em up to AVP.

punisherboot.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Finally got these this morning, what is it with me ordering stuff from the US and these people moving causing weeks of delay. I got them in the end it's the main thing, DS2 is sealed as well.

DSC_1092.jpg

And Retr0 will only love you all the more with the sight of those new arrivals!

Caught a dose of Cidey Syndrome today {buying modern gen games}

Bioshock 1 - €10 in HMV
    Bioshock 2 - €5 in Smyths {both used}

2l8d7hs.jpg

Assassins Creed 1 - €5
    Brink - €5
    Command & Conquer Tiberium Wars - €0 {Xtra Vision 3 for 2 offer}

kesmrd.jpg

16a78es.jpg

Not a bad little bit o' games chasing plunder from retail shops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

o1s1n wrote: »
    I did the unthinkable, I just knowngly bought a boot! :D

In my defense, it's a Punisher CPS1 boot. The real board has a double suicide battery (!), is crazy hard to come across in a working condition and sells for a fortune.

Great game !

How is the sound ?
    I heard you usually experience just some of the original music in an endless loop on most Q-sound boots .

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement