Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »
    Cosmic Carnage is an interesting one. Its basically just a (bad) sprite scaling and zooming demo. Feels like they made the game in less than a week :D

Good craic to laugh at.

Metal Head is one game I still don't have yet strangely enough. Have been meaning to buy it for a long time. Visually one of the most impressive games on the system.

Yeah Cosmic Carnage isn't my type of game at all, but for €8 delivered it's another game off the 32x list so I said why not.

Metal Head does look interesting, it's pretty cheap too man

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My 32x advice. Buy a decent system. Like the Virtual boy...

or CDi......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,164 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah Cosmic Carnage isn't my type of game at all, but for €8 delivered it's another game off the 32x list so I said why not.

Just went to buy it there and it looks like boxed pal copies have shot up in price. WTF?! I remember the last time I was looking to buy that, it came in aroun 15 pounds or so.

Madness!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/METAL-HEAD-SEGA-32X-MEGA-DRIVE-GAME-GOOD-CON-/360456002256?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item53ecda1ad0

You're right, they really have shot up in price. I picked this up on adverts a couple of years ago for about 15 euro.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MORTAL-KOMBAT-II-2-SEGA-32X-MEGA-DRIVE-GAME-COMPLETE-/360457812075?pt=UK_PC_Video_Games_Video_Games_JS&hash=item53ecf5b86b

You've kicked off my interest in this system again. Think I'll go browse ebay for a bit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Really need to get the stick out with the 32x, saving for a holiday so I might build something and sell it for online for some paypal money. There's still a demand for candle holders shaped liked willies isnt there?

Master of the Universe

I have a friend who, whenever he came back from Holland, bought me back a wood carved ash tray with a big willy sticking out of it. He thought it was hilarious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well its either that or sell my second copy of Alien Soldier......

.......wooden willies it is so

In all seriousness I'm getting some nice timber next month when I have some time to get building one of these

041212_nes_coffee_table_1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Metal Head sucks, the most fun part is the buildings popping up right in front of your eyes.

You're right, they really have shot up in price. I picked this up on adverts a couple of years ago for about 15 euro

Yeah I mentioned there recently how crazy dear the PAL games seem to be going for, it's unreal. NTSC US & JP definitely have better value, & of course, 60Hz gameplay so that's where I'll be focusing my efforts.

The 32X Region mod is a single switch by the way, but it has to be in conjunction with a modded megadrive. Once both are modded, the system is universal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

32X, modded, not worth the effort imho.
    Such a rubbish device, with only a handful of games worth playing and they are relatively common too, VF, Virtua Racing.... not sure what else tbh.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Oh dear, early morning clicking has got to stop, just bought a PSP Go for €60....
    Hope it's easy to stick CFW on there!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

So this mystery box arrived on my desk yesterday morning (only getting a chance to post it now).

Can anybody guess what's inside? If not I'll post an unboxing & test vid later.

206948.jpg

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    32X, modded, not worth the effort imho.
    Such a rubbish device, with only a handful of games worth playing and they are relatively common too, VF, Virtua Racing.... not sure what else tbh.

It is true the good games are mostly common & cheap, however there are some that are worth playing but are too pricey in PAL. It's definitely worth doing, as it opens up the NTSC library to you, which from my experience, is far, far cheaper to collect.

It's also one of the few systems where it's within reason to own a complete set of games for the system

I reckon the CDi would easy to collect a full set for!
    Especially if you limit yourself to the good games, so that'd mean not owning any titles for it at all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

I reckon the CDi would easy to collect a full set for!
    Especially if you limit yourself to the good games, so that'd mean not owning any titles for it at all!

Oh cool! Guess I've had the choicest collection of CDi hardware and games possible for years then.

206952.jpg

Check it out! Its all mint!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

Oh dear, early morning clicking has got to stop, just bought a PSP Go for €60....
    Hope it's easy to stick CFW on there!
    I need to get hold of a psp meself at some point...never seem to find a cheap one though

Dr Bob wrote: »
    I need to get hold of a psp meself at some point...never seem to find a cheap one though

This site has a good selection

Master of the Universe

The 32X Region mod is a single switch by the way, but it has to be in conjunction with a modded megadrive. Once both are modded, the system is universal.

Yep, you put one on the back of my 32X about a year and a half ago :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭a5y

Achilles wrote: »
    So this mystery box arrived on my desk yesterday morning (only getting a chance to post it now).

Can anybody guess what's inside? If not I'll post an unboxing & test vid later.

Job lot of... hm... PS1 games?

Yep, you put one on the back of my 32X about a year and a half ago :D

Did I? Old age is catching up with me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,051 ✭✭✭Doge

G-Police is great but the draw distance is pants.
    On the other hand it gets around with some wire mesh visual gubbins, which is cool.
    Die Hard Trilogy, the light gun section deserved it's own game! Brilliant!
    Never liked the cab driving though.
    And Driver 2 is simply superb.

Yes yes, this is all obvious,

but what about the game we're all dying to know about....

PGA TOUR GOLF on the SNES? ;)

There's a trade-off option to change the horizontal draw distance, angled draw distance, and the frame rate in G-Police.
    So if you turn up the draw distance to full, you lose a bar for the frame rate.

I think this pretty cool and upfront from the creators!

These days you can't change things like this in console games, and for them to be upfront about the loss in frame rate is almost unheard of.

You can turn it all the way up without the frame rate getting choppy.

Was playing it last night, and love it just as much as I did when I was younger.

It's like Descent, but with a more sandbox environment, missions and objectives....

and you can bomb entire buildings too!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

This site has a good selection

Says the guy going on about 32X stuff :P

ghostchant wrote: »
    Says the guy going on about 32X stuff :P

I also have two PSP's :rolleyes::o

In all seriousness, the PSP only comes close to useful when it has CFW on it. And as for the 32X, I honestly don't get the hate. I mean it's basically a Megadrive 1.5, with mostly ****ty games but some good ones. It's more than can be said the the cd-i :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

I also have two PSP's :rolleyes::o

In all seriousness, the PSP only comes close to useful when it has CFW on it. And as for the 32X, I honestly don't get the hate. I mean it's basically a Megadrive 1.5, with mostly ****ty games but some good ones. It's more than can be said the the cd-i :D

With the PSP I think it comes down to what game genres you gravitate towards. I like my JRPGs and strategy-RPGs, and as a result the PSP library is packed full of games I like. There's a few more being localised this year too which I'm waiting to get my hands on

ghostchant wrote: »
    With the PSP I think it comes down to what game genres you gravitate towards. I like my JRPGs and strategy-RPGs, and as a result the PSP library is packed full of games I like. There's a few more being localised this year too which I'm waiting to get my hands on

Ah, fair point. I suppose it does cater to that market well at that :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,689 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The PSP is the Sega Saturn of this generation. All the crazy RPGs from Japan are making their way over to it and you can be assured some of it will be super rare in time. It's really gotten a second wind lately especially for JRPG fans.

I got rid of custom firmware on my PSP and not missed it. It's not even a great emulation machine due to the wonky controls.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I got rid of custom firmware on my PSP and not missed it. It's not even a great emulation machine due to the wonky controls.

The disc drives are amongst the worst I've seen. Also, Official Firmware as far as I can tell holds no advantage over CFW in the case of the PSP, as they can still go online I]I think[/I, but the main reason to have it is the shoddy umd drives

Master of the Universe

Custom firmware lets you boot games from a pro duo and allows you to be a big dirty pirate. What's not to like?!

Custom firmware lets you boot games from a pro duo and allows you to be a big dirty pirate. What's not to like?!

Thats true, but both of my PSP's are running CFW & don't have any pirated games on them, the main thing for me is saving the lasers. You can just dump your games to the memory card & run them from there :) Cuts down on loading times & won't break the console :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Thats true, but both of my PSP's are running CFW & don't have any pirated games on them, the main thing for me is saving the lasers. You can just dump your games to the memory card & run them from there :) Cuts down on loading times & won't break the console :p

That's where the psp go shines.

• Advertisement

That's where the psp go shines.

I hate that thing. A failed experiment by Sony to ramp up drm. Glad its cracked wide open. Anyway, the GO having no UMD drive means you have to pirate the games in the first place, even if you have the disc, as there's no way to transfer over the contents.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement