Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »

Looks a beauty. The finest looking console and joypad of them all imo.

Yet another slight on the CDi, when will it be its turn to be the belle at the ball?

And, as for NTSC, I do have an unboxed copy of Super Godzilla here!

Unfortunately it does sell for 3.50 on ebay :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Monkeykube sent me Super Monkey Ball 2
    just got it this morning, very much appreciated, thanks loads and loads!
    th_tumblr_lzu09g1tTw1rpu9qpo1_500.gif?t=1332341356

DSC_0405.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Few bits today.

A non working Astro Wars (doesn't power up) complete in box with cardboard inserts, manual, reg card and receipt. I already have a fully working boxed one but not the inserts and other stuff.
    I'll have a go at fixing it up and if it cant be fixed I'll convert it to a Raspberry Pi box with some sort of screen. It only cost .99p and 8 quid postage.

dsc2933b.jpg

Final Fantasy for the Wonderswan Color(to go with my Final Fantasy edition Wonderswan Color):
    dsc2924b.jpg

And a new mug:
    dsc2925b.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

That's a damn fine mug son.... damn fine.....

Shouldn't it be like 100 ft tall, so you have to scale the exterior to get at the tea inside?
    Some may think it's impractical but I think it's a runner!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That's a damn fine mug son.... damn fine.....

Shouldn't it be like 100 ft tall, so you have to scale the exterior to get at the tea inside?
    Some may think it's impractical but I think it's a runner!

Yeah, its quite nice.
    Makes a tasty cup of tea anyway :)

• Advertisement

Played Salamander on my Nes, it's okay, played on the Famicom though, it's awesome!
    It's full screen and I swear the music sounds better!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Careful now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

where's the 2nd mug?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Played Salamander on my Nes, it's okay, played on the Famicom though, it's awesome!

Ah another convert to the house of NTSC. Now we just have to convert him to the house of RGB.

where's the 2nd mug?

357sj6.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Picked up StarWars, Empire and Jedi on the snes off some lad on adverts ;) Loved these games when i was a kid, played them to death. cant wait to play them again.

IMAG0477.jpg

I got these on Monday i think in Rage, mentioned before but took a pic there now. Good condition and good price from rage on these ones.

IMAG0475.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Bet that guy from adverts try to pull a fast one. Can't trust anyone using adverts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

I love Super Star Wars on the SNES, great game and nice to see them all boxed up.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Yep, they are in good nick, and look great, love these games. Couldnt let them pass by, i spent the last few days looking at them on adverts deciding to put a offer in or not! haha.. cheers Enternow.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Bet that guy from adverts try to pull a fast one. Can't trust anyone using adverts.

:confused:
    keithgeo wrote: »
    Yep, they are in good nick, and look great, love these games. Couldnt let them pass by, i spent the last few days looking at them on adverts deciding to put a offer in or not! haha.. cheers Enternow.

Not a bother man, as I said, glad they're gone to another collector. They really are great games & am gonna buy 'em again cart only & play through them :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

EnterNow wrote: »
    :confused:

Someone's sarcasm detector is broken this afternoon.

Off to Jamma+ now are we? :p

o1s1n wrote: »
    Someone's sarcasm detector is broken this afternoon.

Off to Jamma+ now are we? :p

Oh it was directed at me? Of course not everyone on adverts is a chancer, lets just say though that the good doesn't outweigh the bad on it. Still though, I've shifted a bit on it recently without any hassle or drama so I can say its decent at times. Its the wild west though, when you read some of the feedback & all on it about people getting the guards involved etc it opens your eyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,173 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Oh it was directed at me?

It was a humorous comment directed at yourself well knowing that you're not a chancer. :p
    Of course not everyone on adverts is a chancer, lets just say though that the good doesn't outweigh the bad on it. Still though, I've shifted a bit on it recently without any hassle or drama so I can say its decent at times. Its the wild west though, when you read some of the feedback & all on it about people getting the guards involved etc it opens your eyes

I've met some great folk through adverts. If you're a seller it seems to be grand.

The problems only really arise when you're a buyer and you're being outdone by people with off thread dealing/scamming etc

o1s1n wrote: »
    It was a humorous comment directed at yourself well knowing that you're not a chancer. :p

Blame me getting up at 5am this morning for the F1 qualifying...grogg city :o

Blame me getting up at 5am this morning for the F1 qualifying...grogg city :o

No, your a pure cowboy! I bet when keithgeo looks more closely at those 'star wars' games, he will notice a few things.
    First, he will notice a slight inky residue on his fingertips and upon closer inspection of the boxes he will see smudging of the artwork.
    Second, upon opening the boxes he will not find classic Snes games based on the Star Wars franchise but rather he will find a copy of the failed franchise, Bubsy. He will then proceed to discover rival turf and FIFA 96.
    If he is really unlucky it he will find Rise of the Robots or Darius Twin.
    :)

Seen Taken 2: Taking it a bit too far, tonight.
    What do you get from diminishing returns on a cheesy classic? Comidic gold.
    Neeson: listen to me. Get out of the car, enter the chocolate shop next door to the man who plays the fiddle all day, once inside notice the spiralling yellow stained pine staircase, go up it, backwards.
    On reaching the top, proceed to the third door on my right, not yours. Open it. And enter.
    Then climb out the third window from the right and throw a grenade.
    You should eventually come to wear two circles intersect.
    Try to fit in by stealing a maids clothes and hijacking a yellow taxi.
    Drive eastwards towards where the birds are.
    Turn right at the white stool and drive in third gear for precisely 7 seconds.
    You should be at the ferry. Drive into in reverse.
    Stay on the ferry for exactly 4 minutes and then drive off.

Best clip. 'Can you get out of the closet?'
    *overly long dramatic pause
    'Yes I can.'

Highly recommended film, forget Looper, if you go see any film before the Hobbit, go see this.

• Advertisement

I went to see Lawless last night, it was not bad at all, almost got a good performance out of Lebouf, and went to see Madagascar 3, which surprised completely by being very entertaining indeed, after 2 poor offerings previously.

I went to see Lawless last night, it was not bad at all, almost got a good performance out of Lebouf, and went to see Madagascar 3, which surprised completely by being very entertaining indeed, after 2 poor offerings previously.

Nearly went to see Lawless as the missus was choosing the film, hench Taken 2 tonight.
    Decided agaisnt it as she was completely mixed up about who was in it. She didn't realise LeBeouf was in it at all.
    Also got Hardy and that Tatum guy confused. She wanted to see it because Hardy was such a great actor. I asked what was he in that she apart from Batman, she said he was good in Haywire, Tatum, and the last Bond movie. I said he wasn't in the bond movie. The one with snow, the last one. Pointed out the last one was based in Nassau and Chilean desert, likely no snow.
    I said that he in Brothers that she saw, she thought I was talking about the tv show Luck because Nivk Nolte was in both.
    Realised that she was thinking of Inception and the bit in the snow as well not bond.
    So got wrong actor in wrong films, in non-existent films and made up her own film with bits of bond, haywire and inception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Taken 2.
    There was one point in the movie where Liam said something about being good at killing. I can't remember the exact words he used but it was so very close to:

"I'm the best there is at what I do. But what I do best isn't very nice."
    (Wolverine quote)

They should have included that line. It would have been worth the lawsuit.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Nearly went to see Lawless as the missus was choosing the film, hench Taken 2 tonight.
    Decided agaisnt it as she was completely mixed up about who was in it. She didn't realise LeBeouf was in it at all.
    Also got Hardy and that Tatum guy confused. She wanted to see it because Hardy was such a great actor. I asked what was he in that she apart from Batman, she said he was good in Haywire, Tatum, and the last Bond movie. I said he wasn't in the bond movie. The one with snow, the last one. Pointed out the last one was based in Nassau and Chilean desert, likely no snow.
    I said that he in Brothers that she saw, she thought I was talking about the tv show Luck because Nivk Nolte was in both.
    Realised that she was thinking of Inception and the bit in the snow as well not bond.
    So got wrong actor in wrong films, in non-existent films and made up her own film with bits of bond, haywire and inception.

So, what is it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Highly recommended film, forget Looper, if you go see any film before the Hobbit, go see this.

I heartily disapprove of this comment.

Excuse me while I go and weep that no-one is going to see Holy Motors while everyone watches Taken 2 instead :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I had a nice butter and raspberry jam croissant for breakfast this morning.

(Yep, bout as relevant to the thread as the above ramblings. :p)

I had plum jam on my toast.

Fukc this, I'm off to Jamma+

So, Jamma+, What is it?

oh, and just picked up Super Mario USA for €12 posted on ebay, when all these Famicom games start turning up at work I may have some explaining to do!

• Advertisement

The first of the replaced Snes games landed today.

Pilotwings

3480phy.jpg

Super Mario Kart

2iaxt6s.jpg

Starwing Star Fox

2vlpk4j.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement