Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just been woken up by the postman. My Mega Everdrive arrived. Pics later. I think this calls for an unboxing video :P

Postman also woke Sauron and had a game of 'so what is it?' with her.

Sauron: If that's a game you bought I'll ****ing kill you!
    Me: It's the thing I won on Facebook.
    Sauron: What thing?
    Me: I told you ages ago I won something on it.
    Sauron: What is it?
    Me: Something you're not interested in.
    Sauron: What the hell is it?
    Me: A videogame thing
    Sauron: Ah get out of my ****ing sight!

I've a day of programming lectures ahead of me that doesn't finish until 10pm, a megadrive in the attic and I've only a RF cable and no way to tune the TV in since my dad broke the remote for my TV so might be a while before I can test it :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Retr0, using RF?!?!

My god......

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just haven't hooked up the megadrive in years. My collection is pretty meager and I played the crap out of all the games so I just emulated. This will have to change!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

So it's a case of do as I say, don't do as I do. :pac:
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    More people need to listen to me. I might be obnoxious but I'm always right! RGB all the way!

No it was more a case of I can play the MD games in RF and at 50 Hz or else I can play in 60Hz with better visual quality through emulation. The MD stayed in the attic as a result since I had no reason to play it and space formy consoles that I play is at a premium (Sera will attest to that, it's a mess with consoles piled on top of one another). Also some of the games I really like were absolutely butchered for the PAL release, stuff like Streets of Rage 3, Contra Hard Corp and Castlevania Bloodlines are not only in 50Hz but have significantly worse cuts and changes in PAL land. I'll be looking into getting the MD modded, getting a RGB cable and a new 6 button pad since my 3 buttons are knackered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,181 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I just haven't hooked up the megadrive in years.

GTFO!

No christmas card for you.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Gradius II was here this morning, and just won Super Mario Bros and SMB 3 for the Famicom, completing the set with SMB USA that's winging it's way from Japan.
    Also, the two only cost 14.50 posted.

Which is nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Gradius II was here this morning, and just won Super Mario Bros and SMB 3 for the Famicom, completing the set with SMB USA that's winging it's way from Japan.
    Also, the two only cost 14.50 posted.

Which is nice!

You're not going for Mario Bros. 2/The Lost Levels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Mystery package arrived on the stairs for me in work, looking like a drug package...
    Mystery-Package-1.jpg
    Mystery-Package-2.jpg
    Mystery-Package-3.jpg

All three are in great(ish) condition. I was only buying Zelda but the Seller on adverts offered me the lot at a good price so I went for it. I already have a loose Ocarina of Time cart but like the earlier LTTP discussion, it is nice to have a few more CIBs on the shelf... when I do get around to putting up a shelf that is...

Also got these a while ago:
    Vegas-Treasure-comes-home.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Isn't Super Mario Bros 2: The lost levels disk only? I mean, I have it on the Snes on the allstars and allstars with smw, don't think it got a cart release and I'm not buying a disk system to try it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Well, I learned something today.

Love the chest by the way, as the Bishop said to the actress, do you make the sound in your head, or even out loud when you open it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

My Wife picked it up for me in McCabe's Pharmacy of all places during a January some year. It's deadly looking and came with a smaller chest as well.

Yeah, my wife came with a chest too, not a small one either... Oh, wait, don't think we're talking about the same thing....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,181 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Yeah, my wife came with a chest too, not a small one either... Oh, wait, don't think we're talking about the same thing....

You sure you've never starred in a Carry On film?:p

Yeah, always fancied myself as a bit of a Kenneth Williams, less the homosexuality and the bipolar disorder...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Yeah, always fancied myself as a bit of a Kenneth Williams, less the homosexuality and the bipolar disorder...

I'm imagining you looking more like Sid James though...if the stories of your ancient-ness are anything to go by anyway :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

ghostchant wrote: »
    I'm imagining you looking more like Sid James though...if the stories of your ancient-ness are anything to go by anyway :)

Both had/have a fondness for the ladies too. Although rumour has it Ciderman prefers his wearing school uniforms and carrying a bag full of CD-Rs. :p

No, Retr0 is the school uniform wearing one 'round here, just they're girls school uniforms he dons!
    Sid James, yes a durty b@stard if ever there was one...

I have a saying....
    We all want to be Bugs Bunny, but we wind up being Daffy Duck :(

And, and with regard to the OP,

Gradius II is brilliant, an amazing improvement over Gradius and carries a lot of the refinements found in Gradius Gaiden, the selectable weapon load outs for example.
    It is really nice and I am happy to now have a pretty nice Gradius collection
    Gradius, Famicom
    Gradius II, Famicom
    Salamander, Nes
    Gradius Gaiden, PS
    Gradius 3+4, PS2
    Gradius 5, PS2
    not to mention
    Nemesis on the GB
    Parodius on the GB
    and
    Super Parodius on the Snes.

I will get the other Parodius titles on the Fami, Snes/Saturn/PS.
    The Otomendius titles look like fun too, but my 360 isn't multiregion.

Also, when you look into the Paroius titles you wind up wanting the Twin Bee games as well, so theres Twinbee's 1 thru to 3 on the Famicom and Pop'n Twinbee on the Snes.
    There are also a series of strikingly good looking Twinbee titles on the PS/Saturn as well.

I swear, just in terms of Konami shmups, you could lose yourself collecting them.

• Advertisement

Konami Shmups > Darius :P

It's not the same when he isn't here :(

You should pick up Pop n' Twinbee Rainbow Bell Adventures on the SNES as well. Not a shmup but a damn good platformer that plays very like rocket knight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Isn't Super Mario Bros 2: The lost levels disk only? I mean, I have it on the Snes on the allstars and allstars with smw, don't think it got a cart release and I'm not buying a disk system to try it!

Saw this pop up the other day and it caught my eye. I don't think I saw one before, it's not too cheap though.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Super-RARE-Super-Mario-2-The-Lost-Level-Famicom-Japan-/261115113172?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3ccbac6ed4

Wow, I didn't know it was released, I saw some pricey repros in transparent NES cart cases alright.
    Too rich for my blood however!

Looks like a repro to me. Probably is considering it never got a Famicom release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Got my first Saturn games from Japan in the post today.:) Picked up some other games from Adverts and Ebay. Project Zero 2 on the Wii is only 23 euro in HMV, picked it up in the Pavillions last Sunday after meeting Ciderman.
    p1020433h.jpg
    p1020437i.jpg

Super Mario Bros USA was here this morning, a pink cart for some reason in contrast to the yellow of the SMB and SMB3 carts, which are also on the way to me.

No sign of Lollipop Chainsaw for 18 in the local HMV unfortunately

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

not retro but kind of appropriate here ..no "so what is it?.." comments though:)
    IMG_20121020_160114.jpg
    (thought I lost this a few years back but it turned up in a box here)

Also nabbed a copy of tekken 1 (in the original card box) and not pictured Soul blade (boxed as well)
    IMG_20121020_160141.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I must know where to get that model of Red Dwarf! :cool::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Monkeykube wrote: »
    Got my first Saturn games from Japan in the post today.:) Picked up some other games from Adverts and Ebay. Project Zero 2 on the Wii is only 23 euro in HMV, picked it up in the Pavillions last Sunday after meeting Ciderman.
    p1020433h.jpg
    p1020437i.jpg

That's twinbee ain't it? I'm wanting to get that as well but my list is massive!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement