Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's twinbee ain't it? I'm wanting to get that as well but my list is massive! includes Guardian Heroes

fyp ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hmm, that red dwarf model looks like a novelty condom! Much like a certain androids head!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    That's twinbee ain't it? I'm wanting to get that as well but my list is massive!

Yep and Magical Drop 3. I'm going for Jap format only on the Saturn. I don't think I will be going for anything too text heavy. I done the same on the Dreamcast and have no regrets, and there's always the option of playing an aquired version if the text is a problem.;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Hmm, that red dwarf model looks like a novelty condom! Much like a certain androids head!

it does.
    actually more like a half chewed christmas cracker!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

:mad:
    fyp ;)

Bugger off you.
    Monkeykube wrote: »
    Yep and Magical Drop 3. I'm going for Jap format only on the Saturn. I don't think I will be going for anything too text heavy. I done the same on the Dreamcast and have no regrets, and there's always the option of playing an aquired version if the text is a problem.;)

Let us know what you think of twinbee. I recently got Sonic Wings Special and enjoyed it a lot. Hadn't gotten anything for my jp Saturn before that since the intial burst and I think I have the bug again. Twinbee was always one I was looking at.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Dr Bob wrote: »

it does.
    actually more like a half chewed christmas cracker!

Who would want their penis to look like a half chewed Christmas cracker?

Oh, wait, I think we're at cross purposes....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got this today,

Street fighter 2 Champions Edition. the normal one i hope i havent tried it yet. Out of the cab comes hyper fighting and in this goes and thats my street fighter champions edition cab done.

IMAG0483.jpg

Well there is no sound off this pcb, otherwise its perfect. I dont think im ever going to own the normal champions edition!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

keithgeo wrote: »
    Well there is no sound off this pcb, otherwise its perfect. I dont think im ever going to own the normal champions edition!

Its a genuine board anyway, the clones are on a single pcb & the real ones are three tiered like that one.

Have you tried adjusting the volume on the pcb itself Keith yeah?

yeh tried adjusting the volume, nothing, the hyper fighting is working fine so its not the cab. you know the way there is 3 boards on it, can i swap one of those over to the hyper fighting one and that will work? eg, one of the boards must distinguish between hyper and normal street fighter CE. if i swap that one board onto the other will it work?

• Advertisement

yeh tried adjusting the volume, nothing, the hyper fighting is working fine so its not the cab. you know the way there is 3 boards on it, can i swap one of those over to the hyper fighting one and that will work? eg, one of the boards must distinguish between hyper and normal street fighter CE. if i swap that one board onto the other will it work?

Yeah it should do, try swapping the top two boards onto the HF one...the middle one with the socketed roms on it is thee game board

Cool thanks ill give it a go later on! cheers.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Got this chap in the post the other day, Fighting Hawk by Taito (1988). Was a cheap impulse buy after losing out on yet another DX board on fleabay. Board is tiny rather than that being a giant pen. :D

Interestingly enough it's another example of some old boards needing -5v for sound, I have the negatron adapter so sorted there. It came with some copied arts also.

Unfortunately the board seems to be faulty. :( Plays perfectly for a minute or two then the screen goes blank and the sound disappears. Tested on supergun and cab, my voltages look fine so I think it's something to do with the board itself. Got a refund anyway so going to see if it can be repaired.

TAij3.jpg

3p8b2.jpg

@Andrew -in the top picture, check the bottom left socketed rom...it looks like its sitting unevenly, cold be just the way it looks in the pic though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Cheers, I only noticed that too after posting up the pic. Picture makes it look worse than it is. Seemed socketed properly as it doesn't budge.

I've been reading up on posts over on AO & Jamma+ (where they treat folk right) and I'd like to learn more about repairing, maybe get myself a logic probe and a few other eeprom tools. Even if I can't repair it might be a useful learning exercise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 616 ✭✭✭Casey120

Wouldn't harm to reseat all the roms on a socket once .

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah it should do, try swapping the top two boards onto the HF one...the middle one with the socketed roms on it is thee game board

Swapped the bottom board over there, no joy still works fine but no sound, so the issue doesnt lie on the bottom board. there was also a socketed rom on the middle board that looked like it wasnt in right, you can spot it in the pic i posted a few back. i removed it straightened the pins but its still the same. everything fine except the sound.

Swapped the bottom board over there, no joy still works fine but no sound, so the issue doesnt lie on the bottom board. there was also a socketed rom on the middle board that looked like it wasnt in right, you can spot it in the pic i posted a few back. i removed it straightened the pins but its still the same. everything fine except the sound.

Maybe try swap the top board then, to rule it out? The sound chips are a Yamaha YM2151 & Oki OKI6295...if you can find them that that'll be where the sound board is :)

Maybe try swap the top board then, to rule it out? The sound chips are a Yamaha YM2151 & Oki OKI6295...if you can find them that that'll be where the sound board is :)

Cheers! ill take a look tomorrow, thanks a lot.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sorry for the poor quality but don't have a camera so had to use the Webcam. These arrived during the week:

225368.jpg

Been waiting over 2 months for the seller to post these. Rule of Rose, Secret of Mana and Ogre Battle 64 all NTSC. All three are very uncommon and I payed very good prices for them so the wait was worth it.

225369.jpg

My Mega Everdrive, the sticker in the top left hand corner signifies that it's a once off :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I love secret of mana.

That Mega Everdrive is going to look spiffing via RF Retr0! ;)

Sold my Megadrive 2 there last week or so, so needed to replace my Sonic 2. Helped myself to a boxed Road Rash while I was at it, courtesy of Infideals

2nsvtsm.jpg

The spoils of war from Rewind Bits. Bye bye flashing power led

29fuh4g.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    That Mega Everdrive is going to look spiffing via RF Retr0! ;)

I've tried it. I had to clean my eyes out with a mix of Optrex and sulphuric acid. Needless to say I won't be using it until I get a RGB cable.

My cheap as chips Balloon Fight for the Famicom arrived this morning, looking forward to trying it out this evening.
    Building a nice little collection of decent Famicom titles now, now awaiting Super Mario Bros 1&3 and Star Force/ Commando/ Raid of Bungeling Bay, that latter three ordered some weeks ago from the ever reliable French....
    Any other Famicom titles in should be watching for?

Oh and got the Imgur app for my phone so here is Balloon Fight in all its grubby glory!
    s55k9.jpeg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

IMG_20121022_130530.jpg
    Got this just now from infideals . Worth it for the manual alone!

Needs some cotton bud lovin' that one Cidey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

It's all pal, don't even ask me lol.

DSC_0618.jpg

Lovely haul! PAL makes no odds on the MD as its the console that matters, they can all become 60Hz at the flick of a switch!

Are you a Sonic fan or were they all just a bundle? You've got every Sonic game worth bothering with there :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Are you a Sonic fan or were they all just a bundle? You've got every Sonic game worth bothering with there :)
    you should know I'm absolutely mad about Sonic, it's mainly the reason I got the bundle (everything in the photo was part of it)
    have a spare MD now so going to put it up on the trades with some of the games I think

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement