Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Zero Tolerance and Lotus.... Keep me in mind will you!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Wasn't Zero Tolerance the game o1s1n had and wanted to test the two player aspect of it? Nobody else had a copy of it though. Maybe it was a proto of it he had that the Russians were after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Wasn't Zero Tolerance the game o1s1n had and wanted to test the two player aspect of it? Nobody else had a copy of it though. Maybe it was a proto of it he had that the Russians were after.

Yeah thats the one, afaik he has both the retail & a proto of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I've tried it. I had to clean my eyes out with a mix of Optrex and sulphuric acid. Needless to say I won't be using it until I get a RGB cable.

Due to a recent Ebay mixup I got two of them instead of one. Fancy swapping it for something?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just ordered some switchable scary adapters, five inputs each.
    They'll be RGB compatible and I can upgrade as I go, hopefully it'll improve my picture quality from all my devices, so that's good.
    Using parcel motel as well as shipping to Ireland was expensive.

• Advertisement

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Just ordered some switchable scary adapters, five inputs each.
    They'll be RGB compatible and I can upgrade as I go, hopefully it'll improve my picture quality from all my devices, so that's good.
    Using parcel motel as well as shipping to Ireland was expensive.

Tis almost Halloween I guess. Reminded me of this clip for some reason. :p

Good to hear you going RGB though.

I quite like Monsters Vs Aliens, a lot of fun in that movie.
    Colbert did a great job as the President.
    No sign of a sequel though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Achilles wrote: »
    Due to a recent Ebay mixup I got two of them instead of one. Fancy swapping it for something?

Yeah would be up for that although I've not got much to swap, hopefully I have something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Some random buys from The Rage's bargain bin

005-2.jpg?t=1350927854
    004.jpg?t=1350927900

also bought an original Xbox (just console, composite cable & Fable) in a charity shop for €20 to replace my current one which has disc read error.

and postie delivered a Dreamcast scart cable, might now get around to playing Shenmue & Skies of Arcadia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

and postie delivered a Dreamcast scart cable, might now get around to playing Shenmue & Skies of Arcadia.
    I just got SoA, knew I forgot to post something

• Advertisement

Raiden Trad for the MD arrived this morning. Got it from Jeff over at tokyoshmups.com, just before some high roller bought one of everything from his shop. :eek:

Was more for the collection rather than anything, have the PCB and actually I don't think I've anyway of playing the Jap cart - cba trying to wedge it into the Nomad slot. Have the rom on the Everdrive anyway.

Jeff is known to include KitKats with his sales but fair play he also threw in a couple of comics too. No idea what they are about though.

DucwZ.jpg

eKvWK.jpg

VZDgQ.jpg

8ecWK.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Jeff is known to include KitKats with his sales

brings new meaning to the term "keeping your customers sweet"

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Got these 3 today

IMG_2886.jpg

Also got 35 of those plastic game protectors steve recomended, they are great really strong and fit the games perfect, ill be getting more of these. You cant really see them here but the bottom row there is all in them. makes the games fit on a shelve better too. These are must if you collect any cardboard box type games.

IMG_2885.jpg

Casey120 wrote: »
    Wouldn't harm to reseat all the roms on a socket once .

Took out the chips, gave the sockets a gentle blast with an air-duster and cleaned the edge connector. Game still crashes before end of first level. :(

Perhaps, just perhaps, it's those feckin' pixies, the evil little b@stards, not the band.
    Hope this helps....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Took out the chips, gave the sockets a gentle blast with an air-duster and cleaned the edge connector. Game still crashes before end of first level. :(

Is it crashing at the same point in the game or after a certain amount of time ?

If its the same point in the game each time then I'd suspect you've a bad rom in there and when its accessed just returns garbage.
    No chance you can have the roms dumped and check-summed ?

Raiden looks the business though Andrew, well done on a lovely purchase.

The newest yield from the recent PAL cull of Snes games

13zo32r.jpg

Doom is horrifically bad, the Snes even with the SFX chip isn't up to it...but still, being a Doom nut, I had to own it if even for the red cart :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,692 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

At least the SNES version has the courtesy not to fart in your face like the 32X version.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    At least the SNES version has the courtesy not to fart in your face like the 32X version.

The frame rate though & muddyness of the whole thing make it damn near unplayable. Aladdin though, well thats just a cracking Disney platformer :cool:

• Advertisement

Aladdin on the Snes, great but not as great as the MD version surely?
    A 6/10 where the MD game is 8/10?

Aladdin on the Snes, great but not as great as the MD version surely?
    A 6/10 where the MD game is 8/10?

Well I've both, I think the MD version is superior, but I'd give the Snes version a bit more than 6/10...the soundtrack alone warrants more

Love the Cave Of Wonders theme

Sorry, after the 6/10 I should have put in a " ;) " just to make it clear.

We have to keep up with so many internal Memes here, sometimes people forget one or two... ;)

Sorry, after the 6/10 I should have put in a " ;) " just to make it clear.

We have to keep up with so many internal Memes here, sometimes people forget on or two... ;)

Edge? :D:D

I think the Megadrive version of Aladdin is a far, far better looking game than the SNES game but the SNES game plays an awful lot better. I liked the art in Dave Perrys games but never thought much of the gameplay in them.

Sweet jesus why did I bother watching that :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

EnterNow wrote: »
    The newest yield from the recent PAL cull of Snes games

13zo32r.jpg

Doom is horrifically bad, the Snes even with the SFX chip isn't up to it...but still, being a Doom nut, I had to own it if even for the red cart :o

totally worth it for the red cart alone :)

Just bought a CIB Mother 2 there for $30, the seller has one more left listed at $40 but accepted my offer of $30.

So, stage 1 of my Earthbound conversion is underway

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310445714935

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

Steve SI wrote: »
    totally worth it for the red cart alone :)

It's a perfect donor cart for an everdrive board if ever I saw one. 50 or 60 hertz makes no difference to this game, they're both dogs. Everything looks geat till you start moving, the things you have to do when you love Doom;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement