Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

EnterNow wrote: »
    Just bought a CIB Mother 2 there for $30, the seller has one more left listed at $40 but accepted my offer of $30.

So, stage 1 of my Earthbound conversion is underway

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310445714935

Make sure you keep us informed on your progress. Do you think it would be feasible to mod an Dreamcast xarcade lead to fit a Saturn? I'm having no luck tracking down any joypad adapters and I have a spare Dreamcast lead and Saturn joypads seem handy enough to pick up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I really need to buy something! But I'm saving up!

Dont think the 15 in my paypal could get me much though haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I really need to buy something! But I'm saving up!

Dont think the 15 in my paypal could get me much though haha

€15 might get you one or two half decent titles in Lukiegame...just don't expect them to be delivered quickly.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

My ebay account shows I've not bought anything for over a month. Saving sucks :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

EnterNow wrote: »
    €15 might get you one or two half decent titles in Lukiegame...just don't expect them to be delivered quickly.

Never saw that site before, must see whats on offer

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Never saw that site before, must see whats on offer

He's on ebay as well. He usually has games at very reasonable prices but what's more his postage from the US is the best on ebay for games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

These arrived today from a nice lady on adverts.
    All in excellent nick, complete with manuals.

crDnL.jpg
    mlXud.jpg
    FbCyG.jpg
    FJZ2u.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Nice one with Forgotten Worlds, probably in my top 3 shmups, along with Biohazard Battle & Gynoug.

Me and the brother would always do 2 player, with us fighting to get the big blue orbs worth 10,000 of the currency

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,180 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Nice haul! Thunderforce III and all! Can't believe I missed that :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 743 ✭✭✭ahyeahok

o1s1n wrote: »
    Nice haul! Thunderforce III and all! Can't believe I missed that :eek:

The listing description was vague, initially she declined to sell to me because she wouldn't post but after a while when no one else made an offer she changed her mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Just nabbed a copy of Kid Icarus on 3DS! Been after it for ages, the only problem is that it's been posted from within Ireland, so god only knows when it will arrive.

Hand pre Kid Icarus:

102032403_b385d89510.jpg

Hand post Kid Icarus:

hanson.jpeg

Just finished playtesting Aladdin there, such a vibrant, colourful, & well thought out game...if a little simple. Rich soundtrack, tight controls, & the game flows along at a lovely steady pace.

Went onto Doom them. Jesus christ, what were they thinking. It doesn't sound too bad, given the constraints...but its a horribly scaled & blurred mess. The Snes just isn't up to it, & Monkeycube is spot on, 60Hz makes no odds to this game...its just as poo in 60Hz as it is in 50Hz. Still though, the cart rocks :o

Got this free as I mentioned a while back, took its time getting here!

ziqdc5.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Finally got my big order from China that I ordered before Ciderman's beers.
    Grey tee is a bit small though will have to stretch it out, Pacman jumper is uber comfy and the Mario tee can nearly be worn frontways or backwards.
    Happy out!
    jigsaw_save_temp.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

Code of Princess arrived today, one of the games I picked up a US 3DS for. Please let it be good. It's actually a Christmas present though so won't know til then :)

Looks promising, I hope it gets a euro release.

Well I just purchased a very rare book for a pittance. Hopefully it's not a bookclub edition or anything such tomfoolery, as details were very scarce.
    It was The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, UK edition.

Anyone collect books at all in here?

Oh also got a mint boxed Bomberman 2 US Ntsc style.

Master of the Universe

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Well I just purchased a very rare book for a pittance. Hopefully it's not a bookclub edition or anything such tomfoolery, as details were very scarce.
    It was The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, UK edition.

Anyone collect books at all in here?

I'd love to, but they take up so much damn space!

Rarest book I have is this -

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Action-Comic-1976-The-Story-of-a-Violent-Comic-Hardcover-Martin-Barker-/300796594663?pt=UK_Books_comics_Magazines_UK_Comics_ET&hash=item4608dfc9e7

I've been trying to pick up a first print of this for a reasonable price for years

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1933-Poe-s-Tales-of-Mystery-and-Imagaination-Illustrations-by-Harry-Clarke-/400326188817?pt=Antiquarian_Collectible&hash=item5d354cdf11

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

If I came hang onto my third copy of Black Easter I'll be delighted, people keep borrowing it and forgetting to return it!

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    If I came hang onto my third copy of Black Easter I'll be delighted, people keep borrowing it and forgetting to return it!

Every time you mention that book it reminds me I need to pick it up and read through it again.

Can I have a lend of it when you get it back? ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Finally finally finally!

Just received the mighty Raiden DX this morning. :eek: :D

Doesn't pop up on ebay too often but each time I missed out on it. It finally popped up on Jamma+ of all places. MASSIVE thanks to Pyongyang as it was he that notified me of the advert and even pounced on it to ask the seller to hold it for me for a minute or two. Lucikly I responded before anyone else. Owe you big time mate (if you ever read this!).

It's the US Fabtek version which was the exact one I wanted, you natively get auto-fire on button C which afaik you don't get with the Japanese version. It can come in handy with this game. Gave the awesome Training level a quick blast and she looks and sounds fantastic!

The PCB itself has had a little bit of work done on it by the seller (you can see two green wires and a white one), not sure what that was fixing but at least I know it came from good hands.

So fecking delighted to finally bag this one. :cool:

NpgA8.jpg

q5lxH.jpg

Ma5es.jpg

4amOl.jpg

Obligatory scanline pic. :o

Ioub7.jpg

Master of the Universe

Wooohoo! I know exactly how long you've been chasing that board - over the moon for ya.

I'm as delighted as I am jealous!

Which is pretty damn jealous!!

Board looks lovely, I'll have to have a go of it sometime!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just picked up Yakuza 3, I had promised myself I wouldn't buy anymore current gen games but I was in GS, saw it and said feck it.

Lovely GET! Andrew :cool: Fair play to the pyongster too!

But in all honesty, how on earth do you get those scanline pics they're unreal :eek::cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just got nice a minty Pioneer LaserDisc player from Adverts to replace my one that died many years ago.
    It came with a few discs (Die Hard 1 and 2 and a few others) but the first thing that went into it was a freshly unwrapped Star Wars LD.
    Looks pretty darn nice actually.

What version of Star Wars is it?
    The Special Edition from 97 or so?
    That was my favourite, before Lucas started making too many changes, then refusing fans access to DVD/HD editions of the originals, @sshole.

o1s1n wrote: »

When I moved recently, they filled a van on their own did the books.

There was a postman in California, I think, who had a massive collection of books. Thousands! Some very rare first editions as well, like actual r@re. He died alone, pretty much in poverty and then the books were sold for serious sums. Don't think he even read the books.
    Wish could find a link.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What version of Star Wars is it?
    The Special Edition from 97 or so?
    That was my favourite, before Lucas started making too many changes, then refusing fans access to DVD/HD editions of the originals, @sshole.

Yeah the special edition from 1997(individual versions, not the box set unfortunately).

• Advertisement

Family Guy said it best, as regards the extra CGI characters "inserted" into scenes in the trilogy on their rerelease...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement