Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

EnterNow wrote: »
    Yeah I seen that, he came across as bizarre in it for sure...Shatner at times seemed to be walking on eggshells around him

I couldnt believe it, i havent really seen him talk or anything other than playing sisko on DS9, I was shocked at how crazy he came across, shatner was looking at him like what the hell is this guy talking about, it was bizarre. Patrick Stewart even came across as a bit of a d*ck in that documentry aswell i thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Patrick Stewart was nice enough... he even flirted with my missus a little bit and gave her a hug when taking her photo with him which he NEVER does for people due to his arthritis.

They were hurrying people along during the photo session and as I was getting my picture taken the girl was like 'please step up to the line miss' very abruptly. My gf answered back with 'ohhh anything to get closer to him'. She said this louder than she thought though because he heard her... looked over at her with a grin on his face then when it was her turn he told her that it was a pleasure to meet such a beautiful young woman and then grabbed her tight for the photo with a massive grin on his face.

He's Patrick Stewart so he could molest her for all I care... he'd be allowed to do it! :P In his talks he did come across as a bit of a fuddy duddy but I put that down to him being in his 70s... he's an old man after all.

Averty Brooks' talk was part of our ticket and whilst all of the other captain's talks we went to were packed full of people the place was bearly a quarter full for Avery's talk. He's just as much of a fruit loop in person as he was on that documentary... although he did lambast Shatner a little bit for having it set up to make him seem even 'crazier than usual'. To his credit he did acknowledge his unusual personality with a story about his kids wanting to go to a friend's house.

He told a story of his kid asking if he could go to a friends house and said 'and an hour later I still hadn't answered the question for all my rambling and my kid was like... so Dad can I go then or what?' then he went on about being a thoughtful person and being in touch with the universe or some bollocks...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Enternow, get your act together and play Megaman 2 on the NES. and don't wimp out on normal mode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Enternow, get your act together and play Megaman 2 on the NES. and don't wimp out on normal mode.

Hush you we're talking about Star Trek here...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Whoa hold on there, I missed a Wily Wars get! Excellent stuff EnterNow, looks in perfect condition too. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Whoa hold on there, I missed a Wily Wars get! Excellent stuff EnterNow, looks in perfect condition too. :cool:

Yes its in excellent shape thankfuly :) Just to hunt down a manual for it now!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Yes its in excellent shape thankfuly :) Just to hunt down a manual for it now!

You can join Jack Burton in his club for the hunt for the holy grail.

You can join Jack Burton in his club for the hunt for the holy grail.

I thought JB picked one up a while back no?

I thought JB picked one up a while back no?

Nah he's still missing the manual afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Bought in Tesco today, all brand new & sealed.

001-12.jpg?t=1351616969

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

So thats what, four Wily Wars now? Not bad for a small forum!

I've a rom of it, does that count?

Yes, as a failure :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Only if its an actual rom from a pcb and not a rom dump :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

This pile of stuff!

IMAG0253-1-1.jpg

Nice stuff Techno. Maming the cab? You going to use ArcadeVGA card or standard gfx card + Soft15kHz etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I got these this morning, SMT: DDS was only €3
    DSC_0726.jpg

Nice stuff Techno. Maming the cab? You going to use ArcadeVGA card or standard gfx card + Soft15kHz etc?
    Yeah, going to Mame it. Well as the monitor is trisync I have a few options. Hook up pc directly with existing gfx card or I also have an ArcadeVGA that I got from steve_si.
    Probably go with the ArcadeVGA for a proper 15k look.

Probably go with the ArcadeVGA for a proper 15k look.

Because Soft15Khz isn't proper? :confused:

This arrived, its in almost new condition, really minty condition.

mt0zo.jpg

futdg3.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Let the grand experiment begin!

All our hopes are with you EnterNow!

Well, okay, not the smug gits who own Earthbound!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    smug gits who own Earthbound!

Speaking of rare games, do any of us actually own that here?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I just bought Boxed Zelda II on the NES for 22 euro including delivery. am i right in thinking thats a bargain? it was buy it now. am i missing something in the ad or did i just get lucky?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Zelda-II-2-Link-Nes-Nintendo-/221147312849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337d6832d1

There's at least one, he/she posted it a good while back. Can't remember who though.

keithgeo wrote: »
    I just bought Boxed Zelda II on the NES for 22 euro including delivery. am i right in thinking thats a bargain? it was buy it now. am i missing something in the ad or did i just get lucky?

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Zelda-II-2-Link-Nes-Nintendo-/221147312849?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item337d6832d1

Seems slightly underpriced for a boxed copy yeah, I think cart only goes for about $10/15 & boxed copies upwards of €25ish
    There's at least one, he/she posted it a good while back. Can't remember who though.

Well it can't be Steve, coz that'd be two of them...ghostchant maybe whos a Nintendo nut?

Because Soft15Khz isn't proper? :confused:

It is. Sorry I meant proper 15k using ArcadeVGA in my case (or soft15khz) as opposed to hooking directly to monitor at 31k.

It is. Sorry I meant proper 15k using ArcadeVGA in my case (or soft15khz) as opposed to hooking directly to monitor at 31k.

Ah I see, actually are there higher specced ArcadeVGA cards nowadays? The old cards were quite meager spec wise

Ah I see, actually are there higher specced ArcadeVGA cards nowadays? The old cards were quite meager spec wise

Not sure if they did bring out a newer version. But in fairness how much grunt do you need for running old arcade games? It did run the PC version of SFIV for me although that stupid game wouldn't go lower than 1024 x 768 iirc, not low enough for an arcade monitor anyway. So it's fine for the non-Steve_SI's and their Skynet PCs. I've never had a problem with the card but each to their own I guess. :p

Not sure if they did bring out a newer version. But in fairness how much grunt do you need for running old arcade games? It did run the PC version of SFIV for me although that stupid game wouldn't go lower than 1024 x 768 iirc, not low enough for an arcade monitor anyway. So it's fine for the non-Steve_SI's and their Skynet PCs. I've never had a problem with the card but each to their own I guess. :p

Well for in a cab setup, there are other emu's I use that do require some horsepower like the M2 stuff etc :)

• Advertisement

I have a rom of it :P

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement