Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 585 ✭✭✭alpahaeagle

Latest additions of my collection......going to have to stop collecting shortly or move to a bigger house..:p

A lovley Philips VG-8020 MSX1 computer with 80 yes 80K of Ram and 30k of Rom.
    This system is like new:D

MSX2.jpg

and a Toshiba HX-10 with 3 games and manuals, Boxed.
    The system has seen better days. and when I turned it on the F4,U,J,3 and the caps key did not work :mad:, also did not have a plug. I have mended the keyboard and now all keys work.:D.
    The system has also had a reset button and a composite and rf switch added to it. They both work.
    The system is filthy and needs a good clean ( something to do one day.)
    This system has 64k of Ram and 30k of Rom.
    Came with three games...Spitfire, robocop and afterburner.

MSX1.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

Came with three games...Spitfire, robocop and afterburner.

MSX1.jpg

Ah Afterburner... had it on the Commodore 64, insert tape..... wait to load...... play..... die......... reload....... :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not really retro but old games for the PS3,
    Motorstorm Pacific Rift and Rage, also got Super Scribblenauts for the DS and the not without merit Bionic Commando for the 360. I also got a nifty little fold up pad for the PC for a fiver in Gamestop.
    Total spent 42 euro.
    I know for a few extra coins I'd have gotten one of the many current gen wunderkinds but feck it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

So... Rage, do I really need to endure the guts of half an hour waiting, first, for an update to download and install and, secondly, for the whole thing to install onto the PS3's hard drive?
    Is this going to make me well disposed towards the game?

I'm not looking forward to trying Motorstorm Pacific Rift afterwards!
    It's like PS3 games are the antithesis of an iphone app, not so much as pick up and play but rather pick up, prepare dinner, eat the dinner, wash up after the dinner, then see if you can play the game yet.

Pity the people who buy the 4gb PS3 super slim, they will have a very small games collection!

A beginners mistake...
    Just after Rage installed instead of playing it I popped in Motorstorm Pacific Rift instead...
    Noooooo!!!
    An hour of a download before it's ready to play!
    Buggerit!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Comparing both the system/implementation of game installs & updates of the 360 versus the PS3...its head scratchingly annoying to wonder what Sony were thinking.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,621 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

As bad as all PS3 updates are - I remember waiting around two hours to play LittleBigPlanet first day I plugged in my PS3 - I've always been left particularly baffled by Disgaea 3 + 4 ones. For a series whose assets could probably be stored on a handful of CD-Roms, I never understand how several 1GB plus patches are necessary :/

I installed a 30MB patch on Assassins Creed 3 360 the other day. Literally took ten seconds. That's how it should be done.

I swear when you agree to download an update from Sony there's a guy at the other end of the digital pipe who is feeding C90 tapes into a drive somewhere... PSN + users get a guy with a floppy drive instead.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I got another 105 of those nes protectors Steve recomended. Emailed the guy and he done me a decent deal on them.

I also got this week, Dance Central 3 (lol), Epic Mickey 2, Brave, the new Forza and Halo 4 Dropped in the door this morning, all these to review.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

keithgeo wrote: »
    I got another 105 of those nes protectors Steve recomended. Emailed the guy and he done me a decent deal on them.

did the guy do similar ones for dvd size cases?

• Advertisement

he does nes snes n64 and gameboy cases. no dvds as far as i know.

http://www.sentinel64.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

thanks keith, might try the 10 nes ones for some of my rarer ones.

Thank Steve for these, he tested lots of em. have to say they are great, really sturdy, clear, no scratches or anything on them. they are great for anyone collecting cardboard box games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I happened across a spare 230w Xbox PSU earlier whilst looking for a memory stick.

Remembered reading that the original 203w was compatible with all models. Been running the 360 off it for over an hour now with no RROD. Guess the PSU had gone faulty after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

Welp... here goes nothing!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

These two arrived during the week, Ms Pacman is great and Pole Position is Sh1te.

p1020460c.jpgp1020459m.jpg

Loving the Japanese gba boxes.
    Pole Position has not aged well at all and, oddly, aside from a version for the classic ipod it hasn't been updated.
    But my preferred game on that cart is Galaga, one of my two grail cabs, the other being Robotron.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭antor

Got these at a car boot sale this morning :D

3do.jpg

N64.jpg

antor wrote: »
    Got these at a car boot sale this morning :D

3do.jpg

N64.jpg

Very nice! Whats that N64 equaliser cart?

EnterNow wrote: »
    Very nice! Whats that N64 equaliser cart?

Its just a cheat cartridge. The very nice thing was the price I payed :D

• Advertisement

Nice haul, especially if the price was good! Picked up this at a car boot this morning myself for 10 quid. Im pretty sure the power supply is wrong, looks like they just stuck two in the box, any saturn owners let me know??

IMG_3516.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

The psu is inside the Saturn Keith, so you only need the two pin lead is all

Cool must be that top one so. thanks.

keithgeo wrote: »
    Nice haul, especially if the price was good!

10 for the 3do stuff and 15 for the n64 stuff :D

Some day for car boots! A boxed 3DO, a boxed N64, & a boxed Saturn :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I want a €10 3DO!

Just picked up my Everdrive, looks lovely!
    Now to go home and find something sh1te to butcher for the casing!
    Sure I have Streets of Rage here somewhere!
    The same guy will be selling his whole collection, there's an Atomiswave and a trad Jamma cab, he's lots of pcbs too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 215 ✭✭Ianobeano

EnterNow wrote: »
    Some day for car boots! A boxed 3DO, a boxed N64, & a boxed Saturn :eek:

Which frigging car boot were these at !!???

lol, well the boxed saturn i picked up was at one in kildare, but ive been going to it for 3 years and this an atari 2600, snes one time and a boxed barcode battler are the only things ive ever seen at it, its just i go every week so eventually come across something, my average seems to be once a year haha..

• Advertisement

I got my stuff up at the car boot in Tallaght, and just like keithgeo I go up there every week , the last good find I had was 16 months ago :(

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73088179

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement