Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    I must commend you my good sir for not taking up the mantle of the detestable roll of the grammar nazi.

Oh bugger.

Yeah I h8 grammer natsies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I must commend you my good sir for not taking up the mantle of the detestable roll of the grammar nazi.

Oh bugger.

Its inevitable that that happens isn't it, it really is :D:D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

EnterNow wrote: »
    What, in the name of jaysis is going on in here :pac:
    I think the standard of moderation here is very poor myself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Got these goodies this morning,
    The SMB titles arrived after 2 weeks of travel from Japan.
    The other three are nearly a moth in the waiting but arrived 3 days after I sent an annoyed email about they're non arrival.
    Initially he claimed they were sent 3 days after the money was paid, at the start of October, but then said he'd send them again after I send an irate missive.
    3 days to get here from France but at least it cost him a fortune, so there is that comfort!

UWGLO.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Love the artwork on super mario bros.

Super Marx Bros., with poor auld Engels as Luigi.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Oh wow "Stan Force" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭TechnoFreek

Some nice new and shiny carriage bolts for my Atomiswave control panel.

IMAG0296.jpg

Bad enough when Steve was showing us his personal preference when it came to his balls and whether smooth or textured balls were best and talk of shaft colour but now we have a technofreek posting up photos of his nuts!
    WTF People!

And I don't use any grease!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Bought Phantasy Star 2 for the Megadrive today to make for up recent amstrad turds.

• Advertisement

Remember the days when this thread was all about new games and Gradius/Darius/RAIDEN.... I miss those days :(

Only joking ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

And is it any wonder Jamma+ is so popular :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nicely done techno, where did you get those lads? I'm guessing it wasn't Bolands. :p

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nicely done techno, where did you get those lads? I'm guessing it wasn't Bolands. :p

See. Somebody does appreciate my nuts!

Nah, not quite Bolands! Andygeezer sorted me out. Pound sterling for each nut and bolt combo though. Ouch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,882 ✭✭✭Steve X2

See. Somebody does appreciate my nuts!

Nah, not quite Bolands! Andygeezer sorted me out. Pound sterling for each nut and bolt combo though. Ouch.

daylight-robbery.jpg

Steve SI wrote: »

daylight-robbery.jpg

Yup! Postage was free so I weighed that up against other places like starcab who have the nuts and bolts for about 50c but have hefty shipping charges.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Only joking ;)
    Ohh someone punch him out...

Achilles wrote: »
    Ohh someone punch him out...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTxv3uVh4AINRA8UK0S2WWttB_EcRR1QXTfzaIBsHQFV1_vLjKL

Funny story, I once traded a nes with 2 controllers and punch out for. A knock off GI Joe truck. In my defence, it was a shît cool truck!
    Mother promptly walked me back down to my friends mothers house to reverse the trade.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Funny story, I once traded a nes with 2 controllers and punch out for. A knock off GI Joe truck. In my defence, it was a shît cool truck!
    Mother promptly walked me back down to my friends mothers house to reverse the trade.

Your mam has good taste.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Well, I'm back from the attic. Really had to resist taking a load of stuff, as I may have to move in the next 6 months. Was also a pain in the arse trying to find anything!

So in the end I just went with the modded Megadrive 2 -

Blessed 60hz! how I missed you!

IMG_0341.jpg

Also found this attached to it. Thought I might as well bring it along - doesn't really fit comfortably in that entertainment unit though!

IMG_0347.jpg

Almost brought three CPS2 boards down but had to snap myself out of it :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

The package I mentioned earlier, I was using the left over bubble wrap for something else and found a sock inside it! :pac:

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Your mam has good taste.

I dunno why I wanted it.
    I never even watched the show or read the crappy comics. I think I might have skipped my lunch role that day as well.

I'm itching to play bomberman 2 but my tv is in a different house along with all my games.
    That is if my crazy landlord didn't break in a steal the stuff.

Oh peace and safety how I miss you.

Well, Wily Wars wasn't a Grail GET! for me, but this certainly is. I've been after a Pc Engine since the first time I seen one on Bad Influence running SF2' {Champion Edition}. I dunno when that was, but I mustn't have been much older than 14/15 at the time, & cursing the fact that at that time we never got a home release of Champion Edition, not to mention how arcade perfect it looked to my eye then!

Anyway, without further adieu...

dokxlh.jpg

1znohld.jpg

118irlt.jpg

2ut6veg.jpg

s6ngi1.jpg

2hx97gi.jpg

A further bonus is that this console has already been RGB modded, the picture is as crisp as I've ever seen...really sharp.

Big thanks to Andrew76, pleasure doing business with you...& may I say lads, he has a damn fine collection of stuff. He was kind enough to show me some rarities like Radiant Silvergun, Terranigma, Alien Soldier & many others...all mint & CIB :eek: I tip my hat good sir!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

That looks really well, so many good games to start you off. I suppose you will be off to Jamma+ with all the other high rollers:rolleyes:

Impressed so much that I thanked it twice.

Some day...

Monkeykube wrote: »
    I suppose you will be off to Jamma+ with all the other high rollers:rolleyes:

Fukc this, I'm off to Jamma+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Lovely stuff! Congrats :)

I was only playing through CE the other day, it really is an amazing port. You'll have a lot of fun with that console.

Jamma+ where there's a turbo duo in every driveway

• Advertisement

Jamma+ where there's a turbo duo Duo-R in every driveway

A minor, but necessary correction :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement