Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Revenge of the Post Here When You Get Something New thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,560 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

EnterNow wrote: »
    A minor, but necessary correction :D

It's my first day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,177 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I just bought a fully boxed famicom :confused:

Master of the Universe

Great price though! I think

Master of the Universe

I think so too? It was 49.99 and I offered 40, and then he made the counteroffer of 45.

Plus as it's in Ireland, so postage only works out at a little over a tenner.

• Advertisement

We're in agreement so.

Raging didn't see it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

o1s1n wrote: »
    Damn ebay browsing!

The downfall of many a man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

o1s1n wrote: »

Very nice!! Definitely a project for retrobright or some other alchemy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭CosmicSmash

EnterNow wrote: »
    Very nice!! Definitely a project for retrobright or some other alchemy

I have been looking at these for a while but the majority seem to suffer from that yellowing to a certain extent. I was thinking of picking one up and trying to rejuvenate it. This paint called Vinyl Dye gets good reviews, it's more of a dye than a paint. This is it in black on a Dreamcast, if it's just discoloured and not scratched it would work quite well.
    http://www.vinyldye.co.uk/Magix%20Vinyl%20Spray%20Dye%20White
    BlackDC3.jpg

Then I was thinking of getting these decals to finish it off, I don't know how good your Japanese is but I found these online. http://www.tea4two.jp/famicom.php/ they also do controller faceplates.

ITEM-FC-SEAL-A.jpg

Then you get EnterNow to do the AV mod and you have a nice fresh Famicom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

I keep meaning to make a Retrobright mix. The Dreamcast I had given to someone on here had had a horrible paint job done on it years ago (got it for free as it was faulty at the time... 2004 or so). Anyway the person I got it modded by (can't remember who at the minute) replaced the case with a spare but the spare case is horribly yellowed.

Not to sound ungreatful for that it was a nice thing that they did... it's just been bugging me ever since. Besides it'll be a nice practise job for future projects like de-yellowing my Commodore Amiga 600.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭unky chop chop

How do you make that gear?
    Need to whiten up my DC as well.
    Would also work well for candy cab coin slot

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 12 Chachi

How do you make that gear?
    Need to whiten up my DC as well.
    Would also work well for candy cab coin slot

Yeah would like to try and de-yellow the front of my SNES also!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Wouldn't mind retrobriting the famicom and getting a new set of stickers for it. Would be afraid of making the plastic too brittle though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a few pairs of underpants that could use that stuff too...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have a few pairs of underpants that could use that stuff too...

I thought you wore disposable ones!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,623 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Not anymore, not since..... sorry, that's a story to sordid for these pages....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,722 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Picked up MDK for the PS1, loved this game on PC years ago. Lets hope its aged well :) Doesn't need any retrobrite either.

That's a great game, better on the PC, the higher resolution really helps the game.
    It introduced effective sniper action into console games long before Goldeneye allegedly pioneered it.
    Plus, it has "The Worlds Most Interesting Bomb" in it, not too shabby!
    Some great bosses too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I loved MDK as well but the PS1 port is quite poor in comparison to the PC version.

Also forgotten and underrated Outlaws had the sniper rifle before even MDK, although I'm pretty sure there was one before that as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭MrVestek

MDK2 on the Dreamcast was brilliant... I really must try pick up a copy of that and Fur Fighters again.

Also Ciderman it's called retrobrite not retro****e...

I left loads of my underwear the last time I was in your ma's house... I don't mind if you borrow it. :-)

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I loved MDK as well but the PS1 port is quite poor in comparison to the PC version.

That's a shame, ah well if it sucks I can get the PC version from GOG.

It introduced effective sniper action into console games long before Goldeneye allegedly pioneered it.
    The console version of MDK came out after Goldeneye.

Given that MDK was published on the PC and the version on the PS was a straight translation I think you are being a bit pedantic.
    If you like, MDK predates Goldeneye in a fun implementation of the sniper rifle.
    I sure those with too much time on their hands will enjoy Googling and proving me wrong.
    Have fun!

Just picked up Donkey Kong Land, Pokemon Blue and Silver and also Zelda: Oracle of Seasons, all for 25, happy with that, okay they're cart only but the Oracle games are pretty expensive atm so I'm pleased.

Ah bugger!
    The version of Pokemon Silver is a fake, the rom on the cart is fine and there is a battery in there but the case of the cart is a clear blue GBC case, not the expected standard GB case.
    Damn and buggerit!

Still, at least Zelda: Oracle of Seasons is the real deal.

I sure those with too much time on their hands will enjoy Googling and proving me wrong.
    Have fun!
    I didn't have to google it, I remember both games coming out.

The bolded part is a bit of a snide and uneccessary comment. I'd like an apology or am I to assume the rules don't apply to mods?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,690 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The bolded part is a bit of a snide and uneccessary comment. I'd like an apology or am I to assume the rules don't apply to mods?

original.gif

Master of the Universe

Ciderman couldn't be snide if he tried.

Here he is trying to be mean to children

barney.jpg

Achilles wrote: »
    MDK2 on the Dreamcast was brilliant... I really must try pick up a copy of that and Fur Fighters again.

Had MDK2 on the PC or PS2 as well, just didn't enjoy it as much as the original for some reason. That was the one with the cigar smoking dog sidekick ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I fairly sure Cider is doing this right now

24992244.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement