Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Registering with teaching council

• 23-05-2012 8:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭

Can I register with the TC if I have very little teaching experience and no teaching qualifications?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Inspector Coptoor

Can I register with the TC if I have very little teaching experience and no teaching qualifications?

Thanks in advance.

Not usually.

Ring them and find out but I don't think you can unless you're in a VEC & even that loophole will be closed soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

Thanks in advance.

No, you need to have a diploma in education to register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

Hmm so does everyone that teaches fetac/adult education need a dip ed then? Balls...to the VEC in the morning to show them how absolutely valuable I am!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I think you will find you are too late.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

looksee wrote: »
    I think you will find you are too late.
    I think you will find you are wrong! You should at least know what you are saying when as a moderator you state something as a fact. You simply add to the confusion and provide no help whatsoever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 221 ✭✭MrTsSnickers

PaulieBoy wrote: »
    I think you will find your are wrong!

Whats the story so? Can I just register providing that i have enough ECTS's and no teaching job (or experience for that matter)??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

I think you will find your are wrong!

Whats the story so? Can I just register providing that i have enough ECTS's and no teaching job (or experience for that matter)??

You definitely can not. From what I gather Paulie boy has been teaching in a
    Vec or something and is just getting in trough the loophole without the HDIP. If you have not been teaching then no you can not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 534 ✭✭✭PaulieBoy

You definitely can not. From what I gather Pauline boy has been teaching in a
    Vec or something and is just getting in trough the loophole without the HDIP. If you have not been teaching then no you can not
    Aside from the 'Pauline' bit your correct!! :-)
    You do not need a HDIP to teach further education. That would include me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭whiteandlight

You definitely can not. From what I gather Paulie boy has been teaching in a
    Aside from the 'Pauline' bit your correct!! :-)
    You do not need a HDIP to teach further education. That would include me!

Wow that was clearly predict text sorry!! Fixed

Advertisement