Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Irish Times Fantasy Football EURO 2012

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,575 ✭✭✭patmac

Bump, as there are only 17 players on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭bazwin

21 and counting:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Crap, I forgot all about this one. Thanks for the reminder... let me update my team from about 4 weeks ago when I first made it.

Expecting to see a lot of very familiar teams, since we can have pretty much anyone we want.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭beglee

Just been reading the rules properly there, seems like its gonna be a very low scoring game!

Only goalies/defs get any appearance points, 1 for 45+ min. But that would be wiped out by conceding 1 goal, and would get a negative score if conceding more than that
    Only 3 for a goal, 2 for an assist.
    No negative points for cards it seems.

A score of 20 would probably be v good for a round of games = 4 goals, 2 assists, 1 clean sheet (and no negative scores)
    In FPL a similar result would probably get you about 50 points

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

FOUR hours later - I'm still waiting for my email with password!:mad:
    Anyone else have this problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,054 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Way too easy to pick a team in this

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭chelseavera

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Way too easy to pick a team in this
    Thats what I needed after tearing my hair out with the UEFA (McDonalds) one and the 100m limit!

Anyone else have 2 Dutch, 2 Germans, 2 Spaniards, 2 English, 2 French, and a Russian?

I suspect a few will have a certain Portuguese lad in their team, but generally speaking, there won't me much of a difference between most, I imagine.

I'm going with a slightly more experimental team.

With being able to make transfers between games on each matchday, I can squeeze in a few extra appearances for my team than just 11 players x 3 games each = 33 apps in the group stages.
    If I use maybe 8 transfers in this way, i could get that number up around 40 apps in the group stages.

The spine of my squad is currently from Spain/Holland/Germany, and likely to rotate the rest to try to maximise my points.

Could be a rubbish strategy, but it might give a little extra edge over just picking superstars. However, it will be important to have the top players whenever they are up against weak opposition. So Ronaldo, for instance, will probably be brought in for their game against Denmark.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭john_graydon

Joined up..:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,841 ✭✭✭redarmy

in :)

anyone finding it hard to make transfers:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

bazwin wrote: »
    anyone finding it hard to make transfers:mad:

I can't make transfers either:mad:. I rang customer services and the girl on duty said that she was the only person there today, and that there would be nobody from the tech team associated with the FF in for the weekend!! She did take my contact details however..but I wouldn't hold out much hope of it being sorted. Poor support, especially after the debacle with the Sky FF yest too. The number I rang was 1800 798 884 in case anyone wants to bombard them.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Skippy44

Seems to be working now, fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭scotchy

Have just applied. Hope Im not too late:o

Thanks.

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Traded Lewandowski for Kerzhakov after the Poland game last night. So got 1 goal and 1 assist from the two of them. Kerzhakov missed a hatful of chances though, and Im worried he'll get dropped now, doh!

Ok Lads and Lassies.........enrtries are closed for the League ;) All the best and good luck :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭Munster Magic

-1 for me so far:eek:

beglee wrote: »
    Traded Lewandowski for Kerzhakov after the Poland game last night. So got 1 goal and 1 assist from the two of them. Kerzhakov missed a hatful of chances though, and Im worried he'll get dropped now, doh!

Didn't know you could do that in this game. Lesson learned. I'll try take advantage of it today if I can.

Sneijder and Robben in the IT game for me

Hup holland hup! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭DeXtER1978

Yeah the website wont load for me

Java / Flash player are all up to date!!!

I tried Safari and Mozilla - website will not load up correctly. Couldn't change my team before the deadline of 5pm - what a load of crap!!!

Anyone else not feeling the love with this game? There are so few points on offer its kind of stupid.

After 10 matches played, the leader of the entire game is on only 38 points, and that involved using 12 transfers as well!

I'm only on a fairly pathetic 7 points, trying (and failing) to get my score moving, but it all just seems rather pointless (see what i did there ;) )

beglee wrote: »
    Anyone else not feeling the love with this game? There are so few points on offer its kind of stupid.

After 10 matches played, the leader of the entire game is on only 38 points, and that involved using 12 transfers as well!

I'm only on a fairly pathetic 7 points, trying (and failing) to get my score moving, but it all just seems rather pointless (see what i did there ;) )

My own enjoyment was hindered by not knowing how the transfers worked at first. I had no idea you could transfer in and out so freely, so my starting team was set up completely wrong. Since then I've wasted transfers trying to fix my set up, leaving me in a bit of a rut.

Rest assured, the person with those 38 points was able to start with Russians, then swiftly replace them - something I would have done myself if I'd known about it - so I wouldn't be too worried about only having 7 points - plenty of time to go.

Having posted that, I then went on to forget to bring RVP and Gomez back into my team after I brought Nani and Ronaldo in for the early game. 3 goals missed. Couldn't have F'd up worse this last week, so I think I'll leave this one be and just stick to the other 17 FF's currently going on.

Have been looking at some of the teams in our league. "Out the back" in third place on 31 pts with no transfers made. Republic of Europe 29 pts with no transfers made. starting to get interesting now as some people have no transfers left and not doing great. I was in one of these leagues for the world cup 2 years ago and the real work has to be done in the knock out stages when points are doubled and if your players are on a losing team, then they're out of the competition and you have to use precious transfers to replace them..

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

Should Stephen Gerard not have been given an assist for his cross to Rooney last night?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »
    Should Stephen Gerard not have been given an assist for his cross to Rooney last night?

It took 2 (possibly 3) deflections on its way across, so I guess in this game that's enough to rule it out

Those people with no transfers are basically people who are inactive, and will fail to score points as teams get knocked out. So unless they suddenly become active, they're likely to fall back pretty quickly.

Was on for 24 points from 3 german defenders for a while there.

Now they have a combined total of 0 points :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 cakes285

Why are players not getting double points?

Advertisement