Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climbers for pergola

• 23-05-2012 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭

I had a beautiful pergola built about six years ago.Imagined it with stunning flower display growing over it,the kind ofd thing you'ld see on holidays. Anyway long story short its as bare today as when it was first built cause every year i buy a few climbers,set in pots up against the posts,they grow too slowly and by the following year are dead again.
    Can anybody suggest a very fast growing,flowering plant,suitable for pot that lasts year after year please.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭wildlifeboy

wisteria, clematis armandii, can i see a pic of your pergola. building one myself during the summer and want to get ideas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭rje66

Mrsmum wrote: »
    I had a beautiful pergola built about six years ago.Imagined it with stunning flower display growing over it,the kind ofd thing you'ld see on holidays. Anyway long story short its as bare today as when it was first built cause every year i buy a few climbers,set in pots up against the posts,they grow too slowly and by the following year are dead again.
    Can anybody suggest a very fast growing,flowering plant,suitable for pot
    that lasts year after year please.
    The problem is that they are in pots. If poss dig hole at base even if its paving, lift a slab and dig hole down to old soil fill with new soil plant a climber then watch it all happen.a hole 1ft x1ft will do.

Advertisement