Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss RC-50 Loop Station

Options
  • 23-05-2012 10:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hey, I just bought a Boss RC-50 loop station off adverts.

I got home to use it just to practice and try out some riffs and things but I can't seem to get rid of the tempo control or drum loops once i start recording.

I am aware that there is a volume knob to turn down the guide track, but I am just wondering if the drum tracks can be taken off completely as eventually I will be using this pedal in a live setting with a real drummer. Can't seem to find anything helpful in the manual or online.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

hey keeeitho

I'm only speaking from memory, I used to have an RC-50 a couple of years ago and came across the same issue. I think I ended up turning the guide level on and off on a patch and saving it again. Also think that the beat quantize needs to be turned off too. They should have made that option a bit better on the unit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 keeeeeeitho

Thanks very much for the help, I shall give that a go when I use it next, how exactly do you turn the beat quantize off do you know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Dead Man Walking

I can't really remember tbh keith. Also if thats not working, you could try by routing the drum track to a separate output and save the patch like that. Sorry I can't be more help but i'd need to have it in front of me. But there is a way around the problem you are having.

Advertisement