Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dawn Meats / McDonalds Contract

Options
  • 24-05-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭

Good news for the area that Dawn Meats are to build a new processing plant at Carroll's Cross, 65 new jobs plus construction jobs for the duration of the build.

Link

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭barneystinson

Tangled wrote: »
    Good news for the area that Dawn Meats are to build a new processing plant at Carroll's Cross, 65 new jobs plus construction jobs for the duration of the build.

Link

If you read that article carefully you'll see it's in the past tense; they started construction in December 2011 - AFAIK they've already built it and done the hiring... still good news, just old news!

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Tangled

Didn't spot that at all! Just heard it all over the media yesterday so assumed it was 'new' news. Still good to hear some positivity from the area though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Pity its going to be nearly all foreign nationals they are hiring, I've heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭blankAs

can ya back that up with a reference? cousins fathers friend doesnt count.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

yep, that's always the craic with Dawn ..........

• Advertisement

blankAs wrote: »
    can ya back that up with a reference? cousins fathers friend doesnt count.

gway boy, thats common knowledge already, has been their recruitment strategy for donkeys years and I know plenty of people working down there on the front line to know I have it from a good source. Granted I'm well aware there are numerous irish guys down there, and I know quite a few of them.

hahaha a reference, will ya listen to yourself :rolleyes: have a day off mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

Did anyone ever think of asking why? just saying like.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Granted I'm well aware there are numerous irish guys down there, and I know quite a few of them.

:rolleyes:

Make your mind up, you can't have it everyway....:p

:rolleyes:

Make your mind up, you can't have it everyway....:p

:rolleyes:you like them smilies don't you

look I can do them aswell,heres a load of them :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

look heres another few :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I guess you'll this post cos its got so many of your little smurf friends in it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I guess you'll :confused: this post cos its got so many of your little smurf friends in it

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement